GDT: Capitals @ Blue Jackets - 1/17/14 7 PM

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I feel like with a better GM, Oates *could* work, even given his personnel decisions... but there's no coach that can make it work with McPhee's defense.

Not that it's easy to be a fan of Oates with Erskine/Carrick playing instead of Schmidt/Urbom, and Laich/Brouwer in the top-6 over anybody, regardless of how they are playing.

Still.. axe McPhee first. 'Cause he can't pick coaches, either.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Equipment problem for Carlson perhaps. Good if so.

This game really sucks. Just after Pens game which was much better.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
CBJ WSH

Power Plays 0/4 2/4
Hits 18 40
Faceoff Wins 27 35
Giveaways 5 4
Takeaways 6 13
Blocked Shots 9 12
Penalty Minutes 15 15

Got popped in the mouth and folded.

BPMrules

Nov 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I'm glad that I had to work tonight, cause just from looking at the stat sheet, it doesn't seem like anybody even showed up for the game. Has holtby looked any better tonight?

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Goaltending was good.
Powerplay was good.
Ovechkin was scoring.
Penalty kill was good.

But not anymore. ES never existed and the "was" things dried up.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Actually, it's right around 50%.
They have one of the toughest remaining schedules so I'd put it at a little less.

The longer they let these baffling lineup decisions exist the fewer points they'll bank and the tougher their road will get. If they just let it play out and wait until the off-season I don't think this group will get it done to make the playoffs. Post-deadline March with this team, even with a better third pair from within the org., is going to be one rough month.

McPhee has sort of handcuffed himself with the ****** contracts so, shrug, let 'em flop. I wonder if McPhee will even be given the chance for a desperation trade to begin with. After the Erat deal last year and the motivation behind it, how compelling is it to once again be in a position to buy simply to make the playoffs? May enough finally be enough? I've got to think the leash is as short as it's ever been.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad