GDT: Capitals at Devils, 7pm est NJD.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
D3RJOZLU8AE5ysJ.jpg

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I don’t get the impression that 11 is that safe this season
Agreed, he doesn't fit anymore. This should be the lineup
Zacha-Nico-Bratt
Govy-Hughes-Tatar/Holtz
Kuokkanen-Mercer-Holtz/Tatar
Wood-McLeod-Vesey
All these players above will contribute more then Johnsson. I just don't see how he's in opening lineup when all these players are better then him.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Agreed, he doesn't fit anymore. This should be the lineup
Zacha-Nico-Bratt
Govy-Hughes-Tatar/Holtz
Kuokkanen-Mercer-Holtz/Tatar
Wood-McLeod-Vesey
All these players above will contribute more then Johnsson. I just don't see how he's in opening lineup when all these players are better then him.
I’m hoping he won’t be. I don’t think they’ve played him with any of the guys expected to make the team since that first game which is a good sign.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We’re probably going to have multiple forwards injured by the end of October, so I wouldn’t worry too much if Johnsson gets in the lineup on opening day or not. He’s going to play this year.

Reactions: Mgd31

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Absolute bush league showing by whoever is in charge for this entire feed.

Guys played well though, nice to see the powerplay clicking.

Reactions: tr83

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't mean to be that guy, but it was against AHLers...I'm not taking anything from this game.

We haven't been able to score against AHLers before, I'll take getting the special teams going well no matter who the opponent is.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just got back from the game. My notes:

Mac looked good. So did Wedgewood. We've got a good stable of goalies in the organization.

Jaros was MILES better than his last outing. Good depth and size.

Vesey wasn't too noticeable til his empty netter. I still think he gets a contract.

Zacha looks awesome. If the chatter around him is accurate, I am excited for him this season.

Mercer has a ton of skill. A few rookie mistakes leading to him losing the puck. Have to be careful when trying to be fancy. If Ovechkin/Oshie/Backstrom/Kuznetsov were playing, you pay for those mistakes. That being said, he makes this team out of camp.

I am torn on Holtz. He is one step below Mercer in the possibility of making the team. I say he gets a few games in the beginning of the year. If he's not making an impact in the first two weeks, he'll be demoted.

Sucks that Severson and Smith are hurt... but if any of them miss any real time, I am actually content and happy with having White, Jaros, Bahl ready to step in. A far cry from Dakota Mermis and the other career AHLers we've had to deal with in the past.

Hamilton and Graves make such good decisions.

The chicken marsala in the lounge was decent. The chicken picata Friday was better. Excited to see the chicken iteration on Thursday.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Absolute bush league showing by whoever is in charge for this entire feed.

Guys played well though, nice to see the powerplay clicking.
I wish they would hire me.

The sound on everything they do is terrible... The in studio shows, the podcasts, this stream... the levels are all off. I am obsessed with sound quality being a musician and podcaster and I drives me CRAZY to see the lack of effort put into these things.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Zacha looks awesome. If the chatter around him is accurate, I am excited for him this season.

Mercer has a ton of skill. A few rookie mistakes leading to him losing the puck. Have to be careful when trying to be fancy. If Ovechkin/Oshie/Backstrom/Kuznetsov were playing, you pay for those mistakes. That being said, he makes this team out of camp.

I am torn on Holtz. He is one step below Mercer in the possibility of making the team. I say he gets a few games in the beginning of the year. If he's not making an impact in the first two weeks, he'll be demoted.

Sucks that Severson and Smith are hurt... but if any of them miss any real time, I am actually content and happy with having White, Jaros, Bahl ready to step in. A far cry from Dakota Mermis and the other career AHLers we've had to deal with in the past.

Hamilton and Graves make such good decisions.

The chicken marsala in the lounge was decent. The chicken picata Friday was better. Excited to see the chicken iteration on Thursday.

Chatter?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Caught myself imagining a future where Mercer is the new Nico and Nico is the new Trav and - provided we're a bona fide playoff team - think I'd be okay with that.

Nico hasn't yet shown he's good enough defensively to be Zajac. I also think he's better offensively than people think (at 5v5 at least) but has never produced all that much on the PP which has held back his pt totals

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Call me when Zacha does something 5-on-5. Piling up PP points vs a depleted roster doesn’t move the needle.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Call me when Zacha does something 5-on-5. Piling up PP points vs a depleted roster doesn’t move the needle.

The issue will come if they place him higher in the lineup just because he's producing PP pts. If he's rightfully played as a 3rd line 5v5 winger who doesn't move the needle either way and does his damage on the PP then that's perfectly fine because that's what he is

Reactions: jkrdevil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad