Capitals, as expected, name Todd Reirden head coach

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Not that surprising seeing as they didn't even interview anyone else.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Can’t wait til further details start coming in about who he’ll hire, how he’ll coach the team if he changes the systems up much.
How different his team will play from
Trotz’s teams

I hate summer

I remember the Summer of Oates, he was already talking about the little details he would f*** up for each player, oh use this type of stick, oh Holtby completely change your goaltending style

Reactions: BHD

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I want to see how much they gave him after they refused Trotz.

kokyi1

May 24, 2018
Can’t wait til further details start coming in about who he’ll hire, how he’ll coach the team if he changes the systems up much.
How different his team will play from
Trotz’s teams

I hate summer

I remember the Summer of Oates, he was already talking about the little details he would **** up for each player, oh use this type of stick, oh Holtby completely change your goaltending style

And yet the Oates offense seemed unimaginative and in 13-14 was nothing memorable. If Oates weren't a former Cap I don't even see him getting the job.

Reactions: 32hunter and Drakon

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
And yet the Oates offense seemed unimaginative and in 13-14 was nothing memorable. If Oates weren't a former Cap I don't even see him getting the job.
If I remember right the power play set up was his, and that’s partly why they hired him, his PP for the Devils.

Maybe not tho, could also be all the things he wanted to change, maybe they were surprised he had so many ideas

Reactions: Hivemind

kokyi1

May 24, 2018
If I remember right the power play set up was his, and that’s partly why they hired him, his PP for the Devils.

Maybe not tho, could also be all the things he wanted to change, maybe they were surprised he had so many ideas

I'm just a fan and never played, so consider that a disclaimer to my comments.

The offense just seemed predictable and you're right, the power play was a key component. Unfortunately PPs seem to vanish in the playoffs.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Why pin the signing of a playoff hero? Or one of the top defenseman from the free agent class? Or a new head coach appointment?

There’s no need!

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009

I have yet to hear an adequate explanation as to why GMGM refused to hire an NHL proven coach. 5 straight rookie coach hirings. ALL from within the organization if memory serves. The only "successful" one was Boudreau and he didn't make it beyond the 2nd round either.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
He’s going to be the best coach in NHL history when it’s all said and done.

kokyi1

May 24, 2018
I have yet to hear an adequate explanation as to why GMGM refused to hire an NHL proven coach. 5 straight rookie coach hirings. ALL from within the organization if memory serves.

I really think the Hunter hire was purely to send Ovie a message. "You can get a coach fired, but you can't pick who I replace him with. Have a 30 goal season and get screamed at by a guy that doesn't care if you live or die, and when he wants your opinion, he'll give it to you." Other than that, yes. Seemed like pandering to the fans to sell tix.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Trotz got 4x$1.5M and it was supposed to bump to $1.8M for winning the cup so I’d guess 4 years $1.75-1.8M a year

Also I put Eric Mangini and Kevin from the Office into a face morpher
kvin-from-the-office-jpg--mangini-bio-jpg.jpeg

Still0516_00000_1494907457842_9472765_ver1.0.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad