Post-Game Talk: Capitals 6, Penguins 3 - Letang Spots the Caps Another Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Em, no. I wouldn't be happy for Ovechkin or any other Cap or Trotz, after all the dirty *** they have come up with in the last three years and beyond that.

I understand it well, that we may end up on the other side of close series this year, but I still will root for my team in the next game(s). And I wouldn't be happy for the Caps or their fans if they would pull it off finally. No thanks.

I guess I just view the league differently.

I obviously want the Penguins to win, but if we don’t I root for the story. That’s Vegas and Washington if they both get through.

Winnipeg and Tampa are just the expected results.

Maybe it comes with getting older, maybe it comes with the winning we’ve seen from the Penguins my whole life.

Pittsburgh fans just seem to have some weird complex where their teams are never good enough no matter what they do.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens could've kept Cole if they really wanted to and still get Brassard. Cole only got a 3rd. So it's not like he had any value, the coach just didn't like him and his penalties.

And his penchant for talking to the media....

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I obviously want the Penguins to win, but if we don’t I root for the story. That’s Vegas and Washington if they both get through.

Winnipeg and Tampa are just the expected results.

Huh? Winnipeg had never even won a playoff game prior to these playoffs, let alone a series. Compared to them the Caps are playoff warriors.

Reactions: Turin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
The guilt trip is the secret to our success!

Haha. It’s just so annoying, and I’m glad that I don’t live there anymore.

The hot takes just get obnoxious and make us look like a joke sometimes.

People wonder why Pittsburgh media is so bad, and it’s because the majority of the city loveeees the kind of shit they write. Biggest fatalistic fan base in the league imo.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Huh? Winnipeg had never even won a playoff game prior to these playoffs, let alone a series. Compared to them the Caps are playoff warriors.

Them and Nash have been viewed as the best team in the league. I’d be okay with literally any team winning besides Boston. Just Ovechkin / San Jose finally getting a cup or Vegas winning in their first season are the obvious good stories.

May 17, 2009
Maine
People should stop using this PO run as a measuring stick for what the Pens should do with players next year....many people are injured, Murray is just having a down year...we’re set up wonderfully for next year and there’s no reason to think otherwise...

I understand many people think Letang’s bad is worse than his good...even if true and even if he’s no longer a number one D man anymore, we’re not going to get a top line D man for him if he’s traded...anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional....every team wants a #1 defenseman....we’re not getting anyone comparable back...if they let him go, their chances of getting another Cup next year go down....sorry to say...I hate his mistakes too but I doubt we’ll do better in a trade.,.suck it up and hope he makes less mistakes next year...we have a great chance again next season...

btw, has anyone see the horrible mistakes Subban and Ekholm are making in many of their games? Just as bad...

All good points.

Regarding Murray, I have news for anyone who has never lost a parent. It can be much tougher than you expect it to be. I'm at an age where a lot of friends parents are passing away and they often report not being right for a year or more. Some still struggling three years on. My wife's mom passed away in October and I've been watching her go through it first hand and I think there are parts of her brain that are still getting the news. She wakes up every morning and wants to call her mother. She cries in the drive home from work almost daily. I often see her just staring out into space.

So I don't expect Murray to be right for some time. I'm sure he is in the moment during games. But his focus and his prep are probably off. He'll be back. He'll be fine.

I agree about Letang that we won't get the return people are expecting. But I would rather move him now and bring in someone a bit safer with those dollars. His decline could be quite steep and we are at a point with Sid and Geno where there are no more do-overs for albatross contracts on the blue line.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

What does that have to do with how good their team is currently constructed? Lmao. Winnipeg is the best and deepest team in the league. Not sure what prior playoff results have to do with anything.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Them and Nash have been viewed as the best team in the league. I’d be okay with literally any team winning besides Boston. Just Ovechkin / San Jose finally getting a cup or Vegas winning in their first season are the obvious good stories.

What's wrong with Boston winning? If we're going to be humble and cheer on every team to win because we can't be spoiled winners, then why not hope they do it, too?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Because their team and fan base are absolute scumbags?

:laugh: And yet you're happy for Washington if they win?

I mean, you criticize the rest of us for not wanting Washington to win for THAT EXACT REASON, yet use that as your excuse for why it's okay and not in any way you being a poor winner to hope Boston doesn't win?

Reactions: EightyOne

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
:laugh: And yet you're happy for Washington if they win?

I mean, you criticize the rest of us for not wanting Washington to win for THAT EXACT REASON, yet use that as your excuse for why it's okay and not in any way you being a poor winner to hope Boston doesn't win?

Capitals are nowhere near the level of Boston bad and Ovechkin winning a cup by growing through the team that has beaten him three teams is the narrative you want to see if you’re not a Penguins fan.

Also, I feel for Capitals fans. That many years of frustration makes a person crazy.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Winnipeg was not the top favourite to win the Cup before the start of the playoffs and in any event a Canadian team finally winning the Cup, and this being the smallest of Canadian team of all which had never won a playoff game prior to 2018, is a pretty good story. Not sure why we are arguing this anyway, I wouldn't want the Caps to win even this made for the greatest story since the Epic of Gilgamesh... Hell, I would rather see Brad-Lickerman-Marchand win it than the Caps.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
This is what's making this series, and the Pens idiotic mistakes, even more annoying. They (Washington) are a very beatable team. On paper, they're one of the weaker (depth-wise) that we've faced over the past three playoff runs. Yet the Pens keep shooting themselves in the foot with idiotic play and the Caps have a 3-2 series lead because of it.

Caps have made plays when it’s mattered most though. It’s basically what the Pens did last playoffs... capitalize on stupid mistakes while their goalies held the Alamo.

Goals are coming from a number of their guys and they are making that lucky bounce count, while the Pens flub theirs away. Nothing was more evident of that than the sequence leading up to the game winner.

Essentially this is how the Pens have usually beaten the Caps, but it’s playing out in reverse so far.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Caps have made plays when it’s mattered most though. It’s basically what the Pens did last playoffs... capitalize on stupid mistakes while their goalies held the Alamo.

Goals are coming from a number of their guys and they are making that lucky bounce count, while the Pens flub theirs away. Nothing was more evident of that than the sequence leading up to the game winner.

Essentially this is how the Pens have usually beaten the Caps, but it’s playing in reverse so far.

It’s downright bizarre how the script has flipped in exactly the same way.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Capitals are nowhere near the level of Boston and Ovechkin winning a cup by growing through the team that has beaten him three teams is the narrative you want to see if you’re not a Penguins fan.

How many of our players have been intentionally injured by Boston players? And as far as fans, both are scumbags. I just don't know why you're making a distinction when both franchise are equally scum of the earth.

If you want to be "humble" then cheer for everyone. But if you're going to hope Boston doesn't win because of their fans and their players, then don't be high and mighty when other fans feel the same way about Washington as the reason they don't want them to win.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Icarium

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
How many of our players have been intentionally injured by Boston players? And as far as fans, both are scumbags. I just don't know why you're making a distinction when both franchise are equally scum of the earth.

If you want to be "humble" then cheer for everyone. But if you're going to hope Boston doesn't win because of their fans and their players, then don't be high and mighty when other fans feel the same way about Washington as the reason they don't want them to win.

Oshie and Hornqvist play the same type of game.

Malkin and Ovechkin take the same type of cheap shots.

Letang has headhunted in the past in these series.

Kuznetsov and Crosby troll in the same exact fashion.

Also, Penguins fans have a tradition of literally booing the Caps in front of their arena.

We employed plenty of players like Wilson in the past.

Acting like our team doesn’t play just as dirty and our fan base isn’t just as bad is disingenuous.

It’s a rivalry, nothing more. Capitals and Penguins play the same type of game with Capitals being a little more physical because of the size of their roster.

Boston’s issues are part of their culture and their fan base is literally the worst in sports.

If the Capitals beat us, we have beaten them on the way to five cups.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
btw, has anyone see the horrible mistakes Subban and Ekholm are making in many of their games? Just as bad...

I realized long ago many of the Letang basher don’t watch these types of players closely. So they don’t notice the stupid shit they do as well.

Subban has been a train wreck. Still trying to figure out what he was doing on that brain dead clearing attempt last night...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Capitals are nowhere near the level of Boston bad and Ovechkin winning a cup by growing through the team that has beaten him three teams is the narrative you want to see if you’re not a Penguins fan.

Also, I feel for Capitals fans. That many years of frustration makes a person crazy.
Man, I have a very different opinion of capitals fans than you do. Most of them are insufferable imo. I'll give you that Boston is worse, but I don't want to see the Caps win anything either. The only way I want Ovi to win is if he goes to another team some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad