GDT: CAPITALize on the Games in Hand!: Capitals @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even the last 5 awful years I can't remember many hateable guys, though some absolutely made you tear your hair out at times. Damien Brunner, Ruutu, Loktionov, Eric Gelinas, Bobby Butler.

I may not like certain guys playing or getting overplayed but actually hating guys? Well I didn't like a couple of the malingerers on last year's team, even Camm became a malingerer by the end. DSP...guys like that. It was obvious and a big reason why Shero bought both out. I hated Rolston too before his post-Lemaire revival where he finally showed heart, pointing at the Isle bench after a shootout win taunting them that they could have had him for free.

Gotta wonder what the Russian is thinking now that Shero spurned him :D

Well speaking of hateable guys...to be fair I didn't actually hate him when he was playing here other than maybe his MacLoser tank job in the first half of 2010. though after the lockout I was a bit suspect about his motivation - with good reason as it turned out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Vatanen gets three assists and we're arguing about how bad he was in the first ten games? Never change HF. He seriously had almost as many points tonight as he did his entire season in Anaheim and is proving it WAS the system/injury/whatever stifling his offensive game there.

It is all recent too. He was pointless in his first 5 or so games here.

He has gotten really hot since.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even the last 5 awful years I can't remember many hateable guys, though some absolutely made you tear your hair out at times. Damien Brunner, Ruutu, Loktionov, Eric Gelinas, Bobby Butler.
You forgot my favorite.... Sergey Kalinin.

Most unskilled player we've had on this team in years, and he played with Palmieri and Zajac for almost a half a season's worth of games, got plentiful power play time and still only scored 15 points in 78 games.

He actually makes all those players (minus the last year of Ruutu) look not as bad as him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
His father aside I am still pissed at that pick too. Like there was absolutely no upside there, no reason to even have that friggin pick in the first place, and it never should’ve happened.
It was crappy pick and we all knew it then...but aside from the over aged Pearson, look at that draft and you see from Pearson at #30 all the way to Severson at #60 there is almost nothing there.

From that draft Severson is currently 16th in games played, 12th in assist and 18th in points....just saying this to highlight how little there was in that draft. So yeah, crappy picks come in crappy years... especially when you are picking at the bottom of the round.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Vats passing game is better and he is shooting more.

I don’t know if his shoulder is fully healed now or if he just didn’t to get comfortable and settle in but he is playing like the guy we traded for now for sure.

9 points in 9?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol i know. i was just a fan of his i guess. i really think he could still be in the nhl but thats just me. why im not a gm ;)
I thought he was okay. I liked the signing at first.

I didn't care when they waived him, then bought him out and terminated his contract, but Ryder is the one who really should have been buried at that point. He had been useless for a calendar year by that point, never played anywhere again after that year, nobody wanted him at the deadline. I thought he should have been sacked at that point. He was definitely worse than Brunner by that point, but got the veteran benefit of the doubt and privilege.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
he said because they passed on him or deb implied that. but that doesn't make much sense because every team passed on him at least once lol

Maybe Wood grew up a Flyers fan lol, or maybe he just chooses to 'hate' every other team in the league for passing on him.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Vats passing game is better and he is shooting more.

I don’t know if his shoulder is fully healed now or if he just didn’t to get comfortable and settle in but he is playing like the guy we traded for now for sure.

9 points in 9?

dude looks better the more he plays. with half a season to go the sky is the limit. no reason to think he wont be what we know hes capable of come march. dont wanna jinx it but it looks good right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It was crappy pick and we all knew it then...but aside from the over aged Pearson, look at that draft and you see from Pearson at #30 all the way to Severson at #60 there is almost nothing there.

From that draft Severson is currently 16th in games played, 12th in assist and 18th in points....just saying this to highlight how little there was in that draft. So yeah, crappy picks come in crappy years... especially when you are picking at the bottom of the round.

While I think the #30 pick was more or less doomed to fail that year because of the karma of not giving it up, doubly so when it was Matteau (and even more so when he and daddy dearest whined their way off his juniors team) - the narrative would admittedly be different if it was Severson we picked at #30 with Matteau going at #60.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

I hated keeping the pick and hated even more when we took Matteau.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
About what he's going to say at his July 2018 press conference at Madison Square Garden where he fulfills his lifelong dream of playing under the bright lights of broadway (brah) and how honored he is joining such an elite organization with a proud, rich history.
Good then he can watch fast relentless taylor hall led hockey up close and personal

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad