Capital Dominance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
This team is better and more complete than last year. Considerably more secondary - i.e. Non-Ovechkin - scoring. Defense is better. Speed is more evident. But, as a longtime Caps fan, it's all about the second round. And it will be until it isn't.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
They were the closest team to beating the Penguins last year and easily could have with a couple bounces. The Capitals are a legit team and could easily win the cup

Except they weren't. The caps were down 3 games to 1.

Against the lightning the pens were on the verge of elimination in game 6.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
If they don't make it to the conference finals, something have to change. Maybe a trade, they have impressive pieces to make a big trade.

I still think Minnesota and Chicago are better teams.

Minnesota has played extremely well, albeit in a weak conference, but they are still great so you have an argument with them. With Chicago though that is nothing more than a fanboy statement, there is no way in hell the Hawks are better than the Caps this year

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This team is better and more complete than last year. Considerably more secondary - i.e. Non-Ovechkin - scoring. Defense is better. Speed is more evident. But, as a longtime Caps fan, it's all about the second round. And it will be until it isn't.

Yeah the best part is Ovi has stepped back and taken on more of a playmaker role. The over-reliance on his scoring has reduced.

Burakovsky is injured so that will affect team. But he's been a beast this season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Since nobody is actually answering the question in the OP (comparing this team to other dominant teams around the league in previous years) just about every post here is off topic and going down the same paths as every other Capitals thread.

Instead of deleting any more we're just closing it as redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad