Cap Geek Copy Cat.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Any word when war-on-ice gets their cap site up and running? The guys running that site are from Pittsburgh, right?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Registering with Hockey's Cap was free, so I used one of my throw away accounts I have for that sort of thing. If there's an undue amount of spamminess, I'll let you know.

User interface is OK. Everything is above your projected roster. If you 'publish' it, your trades will show above it in place of the tools. No button to create a formatted text version like with CapGeek, though.

It's a little awkward to use at first, compared to CapGeek, but still easier than doing it longhand, so to speak.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
http://war-on-ice.com/cap/

Seems pretty preliminary, no team level looks, but the blog mentions quite a few people so it seems like they have a few people working on it so improvements might be quick.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Registering with Hockey's Cap was free, so I used one of my throw away accounts I have for that sort of thing. If there's an undue amount of spamminess, I'll let you know.

User interface is OK. Everything is above your projected roster. If you 'publish' it, your trades will show above it in place of the tools. No button to create a formatted text version like with CapGeek, though.

It's a little awkward to use at first, compared to CapGeek, but still easier than doing it longhand, so to speak.

Has nothing to do with any of that. It's just something I refuse to do. For the service they're offering, there's nothing so special that one should have to "register" to use it.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Has nothing to do with any of that. It's just something I refuse to do. For the service they're offering, there's nothing so special that one should have to "register" to use it.

Don't have have like a Spam Hotmail account you could use? What's the big deal?
tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
What the tinfoilers don't realize is, the government WANTS them to wear tinfoil... so they can use these to microwave their brains like popcorn:

Active_Denial_System_Humvee.jpg

Then all your invistigative uncovered secrets will die with you -- the public will never be alerted.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Don't have have like a Spam Hotmail account you could use? What's the big deal?

Sure, but that's not the issue - it's the principal behind it. They want you to sign up so they can brag about all the users they have. And if they were offering something special, I might actually consider it - but they're not. Quite content to wait for a better site to offer one where they don't force you to create an account.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Sure, but that's not the issue - it's the principal behind it. They want you to sign up so they can brag about all the users they have. And if they were offering something special, I might actually consider it - but they're not. Quite content to wait for a better site to offer one where they don't force you to create an account.

They have forum, too ... but it's not exactly hopping. I just figured I'd try it out and see what it was about, since entering numbers in a calculator app is, like, so much work :laugh:

Also, just to update my original post, I haven't gotten any kind of email from the site either, after the original 'confirm your account' one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad