Value of: Cap Dumps to Buffalo

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
LOL nope, enjoy Foligno. I wouldn't give you a fourth for him. You can take Bogosian for him. They're about the same level of talents.
I was responding to a post that said they'd do Foligno for a 3rd. I don't think there's a massive difference in value between #63 straight across and moving up from #63 to #32, but YMMV.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Buffalo should take orpik and Grubauer for Moulson and future considerations....Moulson could be good on the fourth line

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I’m sure the Lightning would be interested in working something out with Buffalo to clear Callahan’s cap hit. The thing is we don’t need to move him until next season, if at all, so we wouldn’t be willing to pay through the nose to get rid of him. But some Sabres fans have expressed interest in the idea of bringing him in to change the culture and to be an example to their young players, so perhaps he might not be considered a huge negative despite his contract.

So what would Sabres fans think of Callahan + Dotchin for future considerations? You’d get a leader and former captain in your locker room who can show your young players what 100% effort looks like, along with a young defenseman who had a solid first season before regressing in his second (to be fair we were playing him on the top pairing in order to allow Stralman to carry the load on the second, which was really throwing the kid in over his head before he’d learned to float. We’re not in a position to optimize prospect development at this point but a change of scene and the opportunity to develop on the third pairing where he belongs would do him a lot of good.)

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Sheary for McCabe was discussed and agreed upon. Sheary isn’t a cap dump but he makes a lot more than McCabe.

Or we could do Sheary+Hunwick+ a pick for McCabe. In this instance Hunwick is dumped for a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad