Value of: Cap Dumps to Buffalo

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I've been a little fixated on Buffalo's bad contracts, but I think I'm realized that they really aren't hurting us right now. After we sign Reinhart and a goalie we could easily have 15 million and cap space WITH the Ryan O'Reilly contract. Next year loose over 10 million in bad contracts from Pominville and Moulson and we have zero major players to resign.

So what do we do with all that cap space? We could make a splash in free agency or a trade and sign, but I think that makes more sense in 2020/2021. In the meanwhile, anyone have an awful contract (for a year or two) that they want to offload?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d love to give Foligno and Ennis back

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
that would have to be the easiest take the Sabres would do considering he was average for a bottom 6 guy which is considerably better than what the Sabres have.
I wouldn't pay someone to take Foligno (I'd probably toss someone a 3rd to take Ennis), but I can't imagine he'd be expensive to acquire. Whatever attachment Fletcher may have had to him I doubt Fenton shares it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
that would have to be the easiest take the Sabres would do considering he was average for a bottom 6 guy which is considerably better than what the Sabres have.

not horrible

It’s the length of the contract that’s disturbing. Being locked in to Foligno for the next 3 years doesn’t sound fun. He’s a pylon. Ennis only has one year left at 4M so the buyout is shorter, but I don’t want either on this team next year.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I wouldn't pay someone to take Foligno (I'd probably toss someone a 3rd to take Ennis), but I can't imagine he'd be expensive to acquire. Whatever attachment Fletcher may have had to him I doubt Fenton shares it.

yeah..you shouldnt have to pay for someone to take Foligno. Id give a 3rd but we dont have one this year

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
God no. There is nothing here that makes this palatable. You're going to have to add a much better younger piece. You can go ahead and offer up someone like Maxim Letunov, Mario Ferraro, Jeremy Roy for this to work.
Shit I would definitely give you Roy. Roy+Martin+Karlsson for 5th.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

yeah..you shouldnt have to pay for someone to take Foligno. Id give a 3rd but we dont have one this year
A 2019 3rd would be fine for Vancouver- adding an additional draft pick for our hosted draft would be a good move PR wise and the rebuild. I wonder if anyone would have interest in Ennis at 50% retention? Probably not but that would be a great move for us to somehow get 2 picks out of him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
A 2019 3rd would be fine for Vancouver- adding an additional draft pick for our hosted draft would be a good move PR wise and the rebuild. I wonder if anyone would have interest in Ennis at 50% retention? Probably not but that would be a great move for us to somehow get 2 picks out of him.
I'd probably do it for a 2019 3rd, or one of our later two 2018 3rds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad