Canucks win 3-2: Cory Schneider's jersey crest is great in the shootout.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I disagree this season is about winning if Irving gives us a better chance (couldn't be much worse then Kipper monday) then I would give him the start it would be the first time in years Kipper would have to work to get playing time 1 game isn't going to ruin him.

If this season is about winning, you play Kipper plain & simple. And Irving can be much worse.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If this season is about winning, you play Kipper plain & simple. And Irving can be much worse.

That was one of Kipper's worse game in a long time maybe some time off helps him get his **** together. Most other teams use their backups alot to keep their starters fresh but in Calgary with a 36 year old goalie we just let him play through fatigue. I will never understand the philosophy this team and the majority of its fans use towards Kipper.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
That was one of Kipper's worse game in a long time maybe some time off helps him get his **** together. Most other teams use their backups alot to keep their starters fresh but in Calgary with a 36 year old goalie we just let him play through fatigue. I will never understand the philosophy this team and the majority of its fans use towards Kipper.

When you have a workhorse (which almost every team loves to have) you work him. I'll agree that he's probably been played too much the past few years out of need (5-10 games). If we had a proven backup, then ya give them some time if Kipper is struggling, but Irving is far from proven. Irving should only get his start when we have the need to rest Kipper. From there it is up to Irving.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
When you have a workhorse (which almost every team loves to have) you work him. I'll agree that he's probably been played too much the past few years out of need (5-10 games). If we had a proven backup, then ya give them some time if Kipper is struggling, but Irving is far from proven. Irving should only get his start when we have the need to rest Kipper. From there it is up to Irving.

Yes I am saying he could start off smooth if he didn't go from not playing to playing 3-4 times a week so that would me starting Irving tonight and let Kipper slowly adjust to his workload its Pejorative Slured to think that 2 weeks ago he wasn't playing hockey and now we want him to play 3 games in 4 days.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

It's a little hard for Irving to prove himself while sitting on the bench all time.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
In an ideal world the back up should have gotten the start against Anaheim, 2nd of a B2B. Maybe they feel Irving is not ready? He has had a rough past year.....

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Dreger just had a segment on TSN where he listed team needs. Options were goaltender, defense or centre.

The Flames apparently need a goaltender but not a centre. As much as I would like to dismiss this off hand, Dreger does seem to have some connections with the Flames organization - and given the way they've treated Irving, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved him along with other assets for a back up veteran goaltender. Seems like the short sighted move this organization tends to make.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Dreger just had a segment on TSN where he listed team needs. Options were goaltender, defense or centre.

The Flames apparently need a goaltender but not a centre. As much as I would like to dismiss this off hand, Dreger does seem to have some connections with the Flames organization - and given the way they've treated Irving, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved him along with other assets for a back up veteran goaltender. Seems like the short sighted move this organization tends to make.

Sounds to me like they're looking for a 3rd stringer. As they should. Irving is unproven.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sounds to me like they're looking for a 3rd stringer. As they should. Irving is unproven.

A 3rd stringer doesn't make any sense. Teams don't run with three goalies; it's too much of a distraction and it becomes very hard to get each goalie sufficient playing time, both in games and in practice.

If the Flames are looking for insurance in case of injury, they'll sign one of Brust or Taylor to an NHL deal; McKenzie speculated as much earlier.

Yes, Irving is unproven, but I'm curious as to how people expect him to become "proven" by sitting on the bench? It's weird; people want youth in the lineup but can't stomach a few growing pains along the way.

DevilsAnimal*

It's a little hard for Irving to prove himself while sitting on the bench all time.

He doesnt exactly need to prove anything

He's half of the Calgary Goalies in North America :B

He's also one forth of all Pro Calgary Goalies

hell, preeeeeeetty sure he's also one third of Calgary goalies on contract

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Let's do this!! Time to chase a goalie from the net. On another note where is the fat guy who sings the anthem? This guy was lifeless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad