Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs. Maple Leafs, Wednesday / @ Oilers, Thursday

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Too funny. Just listening to the Pat Cast and Botchford while he was in Vegas he had dinner with some NHL Agents and they were saying that in December and January when the Canucks were doing ok. Benning and Weisbroud were very arrogant and strutting around arena thinking as one agent said they were " Ballers" the agents were laughing at them and more so now. wow!!!
You think thats true? Man if this is true it means Benning is pretty dumb. I know guys like to joke hes an idiot but hes the GM of a pro hockey team, i would think its an exaggeration hes walking around like that, clearly our team was not great and us the fans could see it, of COURSE Benning could see that too

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
You think thats true? Man if this is true it means Benning is pretty dumb. I know guys like to joke hes an idiot but hes the GM of a pro hockey team, i would think its an exaggeration hes walking around like that, clearly our team was not great and us the fans could see it, of COURSE Benning could see that too

Botchford is part of the media. As a member of the media, his job is to create buzz for clicks and getting people to read his article. The more people he draws in, the more money he makes.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just caught Green on his post-practice presser.....pretty obvious this latest Canuck swoon is just killing him inside. There's no doubt the guy cares about his team, but appears near the end of his rope to me.

The problem at this time of the year, when your team is basically playing out a string, is that you're facing teams that have everything to play for. Let's face it, the Leafs are treating this game as a 'automatic' in the win column. With so much at stake, the last thing they want to do is lay an egg against an NHL bottom-feeder.

So unless the Canucks have completely recovered from their 'Vegas flu', or unless Markstrom does his best Jacques Plante imitation, this is going to be another long night.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Just caught Green on his post-practice presser.....pretty obvious this latest Canuck swoon is just killing him inside. There's no doubt the guy cares about his team, but appears near the end of his rope to me.

The problem at this time of the year, when your team is basically playing out a string, is that you're facing teams that have everything to play for. Let's face it, the Leafs are treating this game as a 'automatic' in the win column. With so much at stake, the last thing they want to do is lay an egg against an NHL bottom-feeder.

So unless the Canucks have completely recovered from their 'Vegas flu', or unless Markstrom does his best Jacques Plante imitation, this is going to be another long night.
No Hutton no Tanev against the regular season stud Leafs. This gonna be ugly, like that Anahiem a couple a years ago game ugly.

9-1 Leafs, our goal by Eriksson, assisted by Pouliot and Spooner. Canucks will outshoot the Leafs 12-11 in the 2nd period but outscored 4-0

Reactions: bh53

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Who wants to lose to the Canucks?

Nobody.

This has the potential to be an absolute beat down.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Not that I would ever, EVER want the canucks to lose to the leafs, I think a bad loss to Toronto on HNIC (edit: its on wednesday whatever) could be a large nail in benning's coffin. You hate to see it.

Botchford is part of the media. As a member of the media, his job is to create buzz for clicks and getting people to read his article. The more people he draws in, the more money he makes.

so you're saying he fabricated the story?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Not that I would ever, EVER want the canucks to lose to the leafs, I think a bad loss to Toronto on HNIC could be a large nail in benning's coffin. You hate to see it.

so you're saying he fabricated the story?
Fake news.

Dishonest mainstream media.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Being shut out would be much better.

A 10-0 shut out without any of the shiny new toys getting points would be a huge hit to Jim Benning's status.

That might be true but it shouldn't be true.

What people should take note of is that the canucks have had back to back Calder finalists in their lineup and yet somehow they are not improved overall. Pettersson scoring a hatty while the canucks lose 7-3 would drive that home.

If your gm can add a Calder finalist every season and still be trash every season then what good is he? How many seasons in a row of having a Calder finalist would it take for them to be contenders? At this rate, about ten. Or twenty.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
As much as I hate the Leafs, if a big loss during prime time is what it takes to make significant changes and resurrect this team then so be it.

Normally there is absolutely nothing that could make me want the Leafs to win, but coming off that Vegas debacle and with momentum finally starting to turn against management, an 8-1 pasting with fans booing the team off the ice is the best thing that could possibly happen.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Hoping for an embarrassing loss right in front of the nation. Can’t wait to see jbs butt out of the organisation

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
People keep repeating cap hell and cap crunch like any team ever has actually been affected by this idea.

In real life teams find a way out with various loop holes. Toronto is not losing nylander or marner. Winnipeg is not losing Laine. There's always a zaitsev or kulikov.
Not to even mention the other ways teams have gotten around it.

For every media pundit and casual joe licking their lips for kapanen there's a Chicago Blackhawks laughing at you.

Reactions: timw33 and MS

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Being shut out would be much better.

A 10-0 shut out without any of the shiny new toys getting points would be a huge hit to Jim Benning's status.

If EP40 doesn’t get a couple points against the center of the universe with the World watching, he can kiss the Calder goodbye.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
People keep repeating cap hell and cap crunch like any team ever has actually been affected by this idea.

In real life teams find a way out with various loop holes. Toronto is not losing nylander or marner. Winnipeg is not losing Laine. There's always a zaitsev or kulikov.
Not to even mention the other ways teams have gotten around it.

For every media pundit and casual joe licking their lips for kapanen there's a Chicago Blackhawks laughing at you.

Cap crunch while being a perineal bottom 5 team.

Embarrassing.

Reactions: geebaan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad