Line Combos: Canucks Top 9

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
What I think will happen -

Boeser - Pettersson - Miller
Pearson - Horvat - Garland
Podkolzin - Dickinson - Hoglander
Motte* - Sutter - Highmore

(if Motte isn’t ready to go, one of MacEwen, Dowling or Di Giuseppe)

I think Green likes Pearson/Horvat together too much to do the obvious good thing which is have Hoglander/Garland be Horvat’s wingers. I also can’t see Green going away from the Lotto Line permanently.

I hope Green understands that he needs to be open-minded rather than stuck on pairings he’s done in the past— he should realize by now that more of the same isn’t good enough.

Miller EP Garland
Hoglander Horvat Boeser
Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin
Motte Sutter Highmore/MacEwan

Reactions: bh53

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I think it’s the following combo to start the year. How Hoggy and Pod develop will determine whether they slot higher.

Miller EP Boeser
Hoglander Horvat Garland
Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
With Motte potentially still being injured at the beginning of next season, there are some jobs available on the 4th line wings..Highmore, Lockwood, MacEwan, Di Giuseppe..?

I'm hoping that Lockwood can make the team this season.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
With Motte potentially still being injured at the beginning of next season, there are some jobs available on the 4th line wings..Highmore, Lockwood, MacEwan, Di Giuseppe..?

I'm hoping that Lockwood can make the team this season.

I like Lockwood as well but he's waiver exempt. I think Highmore has the inside edge. MacEwen is a bit unpredictable given Green's lack of trust in him.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I like Lockwood as well but he's waiver exempt. I think Highmore has the inside edge. MacEwen is a bit unpredictable given Green's lack of trust in him.

I honestly think Mack’s mom chirping on Twitter put a fork in any opportunity he was gonna get. Coaches don’t like that.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
If JDick is an acceptable 3C, we have lots of lineup flexibility and a really fun fwd group. I just hope we are in a lot more 6-5 games than 2-1's.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I honestly think Mack’s mom chirping on Twitter put a fork in any opportunity he was gonna get. Coaches don’t like that.

What did his mom say? Regardless, I think MacEwen is an asset if we can develop him and utilize him as a regular.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I hope Di Giuseppe gets a shot, solely because I want to hear Shorty say his name, and Cheech talk about frozen pizza's etc.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Oh I got it.

It's cauliflower crust! Open your taste mind.

Yeah, been there, done that. It sucks.

Don't get me wrong. I love cauliflower when it's done right. My wife does a roasted cauliflower that is to die for.

Just stop pretending it's something it isn't.

Brandon Prust likes cauliflower on his pizza, which just proves my point. ;)

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This. You don’t draft “low point producing , good at board battles” type of players in the top 10. You draft the blue the doors off, all he does is score type players.
I was Canucks fan heartbroken when Zegras went nine, and wanted Cole Caulfield at ten when Zegras was gone. I know Caulfield is an easy one to say now, but if you’re not scared of smaller players who are regarded as possibly the best goal scorer in the draft, he was the easy choice at 10.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Yeah, been there, done that. It sucks.

Don't get me wrong. I love cauliflower when it's done right. My wife does a roasted cauliflower that is to die for.

Just stop pretending it's something it isn't.

Brandon Prust likes cauliflower on his pizza, which just proves my point. ;)

Brandon Prust wouldn't trust Dr. Oetker, he's done his own "research."

Reactions: The Redditeer

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think it'd be foolish not to try Hog - Bo - Garland to start the season. IMO this line looks very tantalizing on paper, especially if you use the Lotto line as line 1 to take away the heavy matchups.

Not really a fan of Miller at 3C just to create depth, I think he's far more valuable as 1W. What we need is better players in our bottom 6, not sacrificing our top-6 to feed other areas.

At the end it may depend on how good Pod is and what role he's suited for, which nobody really knows for the NHL level.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The thing is I never use to like cauliflower but had it recently roasted and seasoned with Tajin and thought it was better than chicken wings it was so good. Im sold

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I was Canucks fan heartbroken when Zegras went nine, and wanted Cole Caulfield at ten when Zegras was gone. I know Caulfield is an easy one to say now, but if you’re not scared of smaller players who are regarded as possibly the best goal scorer in the draft, he was the easy choice at 10.

Imagine ….

Although according to HF posters who have watched less then 3 minutes of Podz, he’s going to be way better than Caulfield. Lol.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
There shouldn’t be much discussion about lines now that we know what gets TG excited. It will be

EP /JTM / BB
TP / BH / CG
NH / JD / VP
TM/ BS / MH

ZM as 13.

That’s literally it. Until we start losing then the blender comes out.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
There's a lot of good players in the 2019 draft..I think the Canucks scouting staff always knew that Caulfield would put up numbers, but he's a 'soft' skilled player, as opposed to a 'hard' skilled player.....A talented undersized scorer. who is playing sheltered minutes, vs a talented strong kid who plays in all situations...Apples and oranges.

Canucks also had Matthew Boldy (18 points in 14 AHL games last season), and Spencer Knight available to them as well..

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Pettersson has improved his FO% every year. Went from 41.8 the year before to 45 last year. If he can take another step, that would give us more flexibility.

If we were to move Miller to 3C, then I would like to see Podkolzin get a shot on the top line. I think his puck retrieval, energy, passing, and physicality could be a nice complement to Petey and Boeser.

I haven't watched Dickenson closely, but his stats suggest he doesn't have much offense. If we are running three scoring lines then not sure he is a good fit on the 3C - but I'll have to wait to watch him play in a Canucks uniform.

Whatever we do, we should have more flexibility and I'd like to see Green use it and line juggle a little more, especially when some lines don't have much jump.

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Highmore/Motte - Miller - Garland
Dickenson - Sutter - Motte/Highmore

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Dickinson wont play C. He can't win a faceoff and management already hinted at Jt. Miller centering his own line.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Pettersson has improved his FO% every year. Went from 41.8 the year before to 45 last year. If he can take another step, that would give us more flexibility.

If we were to move Miller to 3C, then I would like to see Podkolzin get a shot on the top line. I think his puck retrieval, energy, passing, and physicality could be a nice complement to Petey and Boeser.

I haven't watched Dickenson closely, but his stats suggest he doesn't have much offense. If we are running three scoring lines then not sure he is a good fit on the 3C - but I'll have to wait to watch him play in a Canucks uniform.

Whatever we do, we should have more flexibility and I'd like to see Green use it and line juggle a little more, especially when some lines don't have much jump.

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Highmore/Motte - Miller - Garland
Dickenson - Sutter - Motte/Highmore
ding ding ding
this is the lineup that makes the most sense and we'll likely see if Podkozin turns out to be as good as Hoglander was last year. However one small change, i see Dickinson playing LW on Miller's line and Motte playing 4th line with Sutter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad