Canucks to Host Draft Party June 24th (details in OP)

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
I had no idea they did these summits every year, the Linden era was the first I have heard of them.

If they were an annual event, it's shameful that this regime has cancelled them. It just goes to show that they cannot stomach the negativity they know that is coming there way.

Shameful. I am really embarrassed for Linden.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I had no idea they did these summits every year, the Linden era was the first I have heard of them.

If they were an annual event, it's shameful that this regime has cancelled them. It just goes to show that they cannot stomach the negativity they know that is coming there way.

If Jimbo keeps dealing picks, this could the most boring draft party on record....all they have is a first rounder....a third rounder and a sixth rounder, and two sevenths? is that it?....can't remember, but they dealt a second and fourth, and didn't they shed a couple of fifths in the Kassian/Etem deals?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If Jimbo keeps dealing picks, this could the most boring draft party on record....all they have is a first rounder....a third rounder and a sixth rounder, and two sevenths? is that it?....can't remember, but they dealt a second and fourth, and didn't they shed a couple of fifths in the Kassian/Etem deals?

Barring any further deals, we have a 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 2 7ths.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/vancouver-canucks

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Future/Canucks.htm

VAN 1st (#5)

VAN 3rd (#63)

NYI 5th (#139)

VAN 6th (#153)

VAN 7th (#183), CAR 7th (#193)

-------

For 2017, VAN has all of its picks except for the 6th, which went to NYR in the Jensen - Etem trade

Last edited:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
VAN 1st (#3)

VAN 3rd (#63)

NYI 5th (#139)

VAN 6th (#153)

VAN 7th (#183), CAR 7th (#193)

-------

For 2017, VAN has all of its picks except for the 6th, which went to NYR in the Jensen - Etem trade

Well this is the strangest re-build I've seen

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Lmao lots of tough talk in here about people going there and booing and causing a scene as a statement. Didnt you guys say you were going to picket outside Rogers arena at some point? Whatever happened to that? Go picket it...i want a good laugh.
Did you forget what happened at last year's summit where the fans embarassed management? Or are you conveniently pretending that didn't happen?

There were already idiots who picketed Gillis and as a result, got this moron as the leader.

Although it can't be any worse with the next guy.

You really seem to love using the term "tough talk". I don't think you have any idea what being tough is

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Did you forget what happened at last year's summit where the fans embarassed management? Or are you conveniently pretending that didn't happen?

There were already idiots who picketed Gillis and as a result, got this moron as the leader.

Although it can't be any worse with the next guy.

You really seem to love using the term "tough talk". I don't think you have any idea what being tough is

First time I've said it? :dunno:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yes they are because they get ripped to shreds every time.

Props to Y2K because its usually him and maybe a couple others who really go at them.

I really wanted to hammer them if they buy out Burrows. How can they justify the Dorsett contract by calling him a mentor when they turn around and pay for Burrows, who's been a huge part of the team and community, to not play for us anymore?

Then I would have gone into their incompetence and state that until there's a change I can't justify spending another dime to support this.

I was really looking forward to this. ****!

JA

Draft parties, in all known cases, have only taken place on the first day of the draft.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

AFAIK they've been doing them since 2008. Probably longer.

It's always one thing said, another thing done with this regime. i'm tired of it man. I don't even care if we are good next year or not, I just want a Cup before I die.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

trade picks and prospects

don't trade any of the veterans for youth or picks

worse rebuild ever

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Lmao lots of tough talk in here about people going there and booing and causing a scene as a statement. Didnt you guys say you were going to picket outside Rogers arena at some point? Whatever happened to that? Go picket it...i want a good laugh.

Do you honestly support this management anymore? Like, not cheer for them positively, I think we all want them to do good and I think we can all honestly say they are good guys IRL...but given what you've seen since they took the helm...do you like the direction we are going and the moves that we've made? Do you think we are rebuilding or trying to compete right now? Do you think it's wise to play to Benning's clear strength (drafting)?

I mean...let's toss the true fandom out the window. I can get down with cheering for the players unconditionally. Do I like Sbisa the player? Not that much...Do I want him to play very well? Yeah, I do.

It's really easy to look at individual trades/signings/whatever, and say "Well, let's at least wait and see how it works out." But at the same token, you don't make the Ehrhoff trade, or the Luongo trade and say the same thing. Those are clear wins. It's totally fine to admit your team made a stupid trade and still be a true blue fan IMO.

You don't need to support the regime to support the team. I'll be a Canucks fan till the day I die but I'm not on board with these guys anymore. They seem like great player evaluators but you don't get a guy cooks really good food to run the business operations typically.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Well this is the strangest re-build I've seen

well, that's because it's not.

like, can we call a spade a spade at this point? they never had the patience to rebuild. they restocked the cupboards to spend it at the earliest opportunity.

it's disastrous. they sold the farm. outright sold it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Tanbir wasn't there. He wouldn't be able to formulate a point like that without getting overly emotional. I want to say it was Vervitcus?

Verviticus called them out on how poorly they dealt with Kassian. Luc called them out on asset management. I called them out for flat out lying to people about where they see this team going.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Good thing the draft party will only be one night and not go overnight until day 2.. When rounds 2-7 happen

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Exactly how long do you think the draft party is going to be? :laugh:

It explicitly states it's going to be a draft party for the 5th overall pick. Were you expecting they'd party right through to the next day? Draft slumber party??? :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Only hockey obsessed fanatics like us around here even care about or acknowledge the existence of the second day of the draft. It's also not a remotely "party" type event beyond the 1st round. There's pretty much zero fanfare, or even real televised coverage of the 2 round on. It's just a bunch of dudes sitting at tables, and a handful of prospects, agents, and various officials milling about.

One thing i think you can take from this "change" of focus for the event - is that it seems extremely unlikely they deal, or even trade-down from that 5th pick. Certainly seems to indicate they plan on making that 5th overall pick, and having it be a really big deal for the fanbase. Can't imagine they'd hype this up so much as an event specifically around the 5th overall pick...only to not make a pick there, or to trade back and make a "lesser" pick.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Classic, they knew they wouldn't be able to answer the most basic of questions without pissing off the fans so they have a draft party instead. I really hope someone gets a fire Benning chant going so whoever's broadcasting the draft can pan to it to discuss how bad the situation is out here.

Please let this happen. Whoever's going needs to get on this. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad