Canucks to Host Draft Party June 24th (details in OP)

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
The Summit was one of the only things I was looking forward to regarding this team. Replacing that with this celebration of failure says all we need to know about these guys. They don't have the guts to own their mistakes. I hope nobody goes.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I will say this, if they manage to get the 3rd overall pick somehow, the cheers would be staggering.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
What are we trading to acquire that? Unicorns and rainbows?

The 5th + Tanev + our 3rd?

Sadly, I could see the second scenario.

I got one CBJ fan to not hate this proposal. I feel like it's an overpayment but probably what it takes to get it done. And yes I know one fan means nothing. I tried to do it from a Benning perspective.

5th OA + CBJ 2nd + Hansen + Burrows

for

3rd OA + Hartnell

Benning is probably planning to buyout Burrows anyway so he's just a cap dump at this point. CBJ needs to lose a NMC so that is why Hartnell is there, Burrows is there to balance out salary. Benning probably trades Hansen for an underpayment as well. The CBJ 2nd could be a few years from now so Benning don't care.

Hartnell and Pulu take Hansen and Burrows roster spots. The cap is pretty close too.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I got one CBJ fan to not hate this proposal. I feel like it's an overpayment but probably what it takes to get it done. And yes I know one fan means nothing. I tried to do it from a Benning perspective.

for

3rd OA + Hartnell

Benning is probably planning to buyout Burrows anyway so he's just a cap dump at this point. CBJ needs to lose a NMC so that is why Hartnell is there, Burrows is there to balance out salary. Benning probably trades Hansen for an underpayment as well. The CBJ 2nd could be a few years from now so Benning don't care.

Hartnell and Pulu take Hansen and Burrows roster spots. The cap is pretty close too.
Thats so ****ing awful I don't know where to start.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

for

3rd OA + Hartnell

I would do that in a ****ing heartbeat.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Thats so ****ing awful I don't know where to start.

I think it's what it would take. And hey I tried to think of it from a Benning perspective. In his mind Hansen is probably worth a 2nd and Burrows is negative value.

Edit: From Benning's perspective:

5th OA + cap dump (Burrows) + 2nd rounder (Hansen) + Benning Sweetener (CBJ 2nd)

for

3rd OA + prime power forward warrior of the East (Hartnell)

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Now imagine if we get everyone in the arena for the draft party, and we hear:

"I have a trade to announce!"

It could get ugly... :popcorn:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I would do that in a ****ing heartbeat.

I don't really like it even though it's my own proposal but I would do it because I think the three additions we are adding will all be squandered for very little return otherwise.

Edit: would certainly cause some noise at the draft party. I really wouldn't be surprised if they go for another crazy trade on draft day. Even crazier than the last.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I think it's what it would take. And hey I tried to think of it from a Benning perspective. In his mind Hansen is probably worth a 2nd and Burrows is negative value.

Edit: From Benning's perspective:

5th OA + cap dump (Burrows) + 2nd rounder (Hansen) + Benning Sweetener (CBJ 2nd)

for

3rd OA + prime power forward warrior of the East (Hartnell)
We just ****ing get our guts gouged out in either deal. Just picking 5th is so vastly superior it's not even close.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Hope enough season ticket holders can band together to stage a protest at the draft party

Also excited to see people celebrating traded away picks

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Terrible decision on the equipment sale timing. I certainly am not driving downtown on a Friday evening during the draft to make it. They will not get my $200-$300 this year.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i could have sworn i posted this but: id do that clarkson deal. we have no hope of competing over the next 4-5 years, might as well

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I get 4 tickets. I have to check with a few friends, (who pay for all of the tickets) but I may have one or 2 available.

And not interested in driving up on a friday night to here Benning trying to make a splash. The thought scares me ****less. Me moves down I will be mad as hell, unless he scoops a deal, and history doesn't sound like its on his side.

If we pay to move up to get 3rd overall, I am likewise afraid of what he will pay, being that he has overpaid for every acquisition so far (well baerschi may be an exception) and then overpaid them.

anyhow ....

oh and i plan to call my ticket rep tomorrow and *****. I like the summer summit. MY comment will be "is this management afraid to face the fans just because of their incompetent trades, acquisitions and contracts".

At least we didn't have to waste money on Playoff tickets this year ...

And a good point is that Aquaman raised ticket prices as much as he could, and now he's paying for it. And how can a CAP team be this awful. Did they suddenly decide to mimic the Leaf model?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i like to think that lucbourdon asking them about asset management and my grilling them about kassian might have made them more hesitant about running the summit this year

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Lmao lots of tough talk in here about people going there and booing and causing a scene as a statement. Didnt you guys say you were going to picket outside Rogers arena at some point? Whatever happened to that? Go picket it...i want a good laugh.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
i like to think that lucbourdon asking them about asset management and my grilling them about kassian might have made them more hesitant about running the summit this year

No doubt. When Linden & Benning's tenure began, they built a large chunk of their campaign on transparency... 'Ask us anything' and it inevitably backfired. It's one in a long line of rookie mistakes we've had to hold their hands through. Watching them navigate through the trade deadline together was like watching me lose my virginity all over again. :laugh:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Lmao lots of tough talk in here about people going there and booing and causing a scene as a statement. Didnt you guys say you were going to picket outside Rogers arena at some point? Whatever happened to that? Go picket it...i want a good laugh.

It's only online. These people make up about 1% of actual hockey fans I've met in real life.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
:laugh:

Wow, gutless.

Although, to be fair, it's probably what I'd be doing if I was in their shoes and didn't want to hear fan outrage about what an incompetent job they're doing.

Did Gillis have a Summer Summit? I am not saying that to start a Gilly vs. Benning thing....I am just wondering if this was a Linden type creation that he sort of realized he would not be able to handle any more.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
I will say this, if they manage to get the 3rd overall pick somehow, the cheers would be staggering.

Even more so if manage to get the first overall. Without trading another pick. Or a roster player. Except Sbisa... or Dorsett. And cut ticket prices in half.

Any more insight?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Did Gillis have a Summer Summit? I am not saying that to start a Gilly vs. Benning thing....I am just wondering if this was a Linden type creation that he sort of realized he would not be able to handle any more.

I think summer summits been a thing for a while. I don't remember gillis having multiple mid season town halls though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad