Canucks The Stepping Stone to the Stanley..

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I'm not telling you how to react to seeing your team play in the playoffs, but I can tell you how I feel about it:

I don't take it for granted.

Exactly. Some perspective is needed around here.

The only thing that's embarrassing is this thread.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
43ish seasons with no cups, no 1st overalls, 3 2nd overalls, 3 final appearances in 43 years. Yea weve been spoiled like sharks have been the last decade with great teams that cant win in the post season. Only the canucks are twice as old as the sharks and are now seemingly on the decline. Traded the best player theyve drafted in 5-10 years for a 4th line lazy project powerforward.

This teams fans deserve to call out this organization

Nah, we are just terrible fans who turn on the team based entirely on 3 playoff games.

Has nothing to do with anything else. :sarcasm:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Now watch as somehow SJS suddenly becomes elite after they sweep us and somehow they win the stanley cup and then the result is we raise another elite team in the western conference.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
Now watch as somehow SJS suddenly becomes elite after they sweep us and somehow they win the stanley cup and then the result is we raise another elite team in the western conference.

If Niemi stays as solid as he's been there really is a chance of that happening. We will have to see how he does against teams with players who are willing to leave the perimeter, and actually get in his face.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto

San Jose has the highest potential of any team in the West, when firing on all cylinders.

LolClarkson*

San Jose has the highest potential of any team in the West, when firing on all cylinders.

Agree.

Funny how Detroit gets beat by them in the 1st round and Detroit still gets cred, we get beat and people are all over us.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012

Yes they are firing on all cylinders right now aren't they? Against us. :laugh:

When teams beat us, they start to fire on all cylinders. Suddenly guys who were silent on their team become all stars and their goaltender become a vezina winner.

We on the other hand are embarrassed out of the playoffs with our top players becoming a punch line of a joke, our fans get disgraced, and the team gets a very disrespectful reputation...whats worse is we talk about, reffing injuries, etc make all the excuses in the world...

This team has proved year after year that they are there in the playoffs whose sole purpose is to boost other teams confidence and to humiliate themselves.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

When teams beat us, they start to fire on all cylinders. Suddenly guys who were silent on their team become all stars and their goaltender become a vezina winner.

We on the other hand are embarrassed out of the playoffs with our top players becoming a punch line of a joke, our fans get disgraced, and the team gets a very disrespectful reputation...whats worse is we talk about, reffing injuries, etc make all the excuses in the world...

This team has proved year after year that they are there in the playoffs whose sole purpose is to boost other teams confidence and to humiliate themselves.

This also happens in the regular season. If the opposing team has a pointless rookie, an upcoming milestone, a slumping player/team, a 3rd string goalie needing a shutout... The canucks are the team that will fix all those.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Exactly. Some perspective is needed around here.

The only thing that's embarrassing is this thread.

A lot of the so called "fans" are a disappointment. It is so tiresome that some fans keep going: Damn it we need to win a cup. Not like we long time fans haven't been hoping for this since day one. Newbies doing it after 3 years is annoying.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
i mostly agree, its becoming embarrassing to be a Canucks fan

I take pride in being a Canucks fan.
There's nothing embarrassing about it.
I wear it like a badge of honour, through thick & thin.
It's sorta like being a Cubs fan or a Red Sox fan before they actually won, only not quite as bad.

It's easy to be a fan of a team with a history of winning, to be a die hard Canucks fan isn't always easy.

It'll be all the sweeter when we finally do win it all.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

Honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinion here and it's a great place to read about different ideas and the like, but frankly your incessant whining and moaning is painful to come across time and again. I came to this thread to give you my honest opinion.

Don't follow this team any longer. Go away. Please. No one is happy about how things have turned out, but constantly complaining about it doesn't make it any more bearable for people who have to read about how unhappy you are that your expectations aren't being met by some overrated players on a hockey team.

Clearly, these players aren't capable of playing their best when it matters. Basically, "we are all Bieksa"

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
A lot of the so called "fans" are a disappointment. It is so tiresome that some fans keep going: Damn it we need to win a cup. Not like we long time fans haven't been hoping for this since day one. Newbies doing it after 3 years is annoying.

Given the layout of this league, how and by who it is run ... Frankly I doubt very much the Canucks win a cup in my lifetime. I'm 50. I'm shocked this group is capable of so little when the games matter. It's going to take a miracle to right the ship after this horrid outing, and Gillis doesn't seem to have the talent or skill to improve the club.

I think Vigneault was able to massage a couple of very high end seasons out of this roster, but every trade since the run in 2011 has made the team worse. It happens, but Gillis has screwed himself into a pretty horrible corner.

I'm holding out for a magical run beginning the following game, but then again, I'm also an idiot.:naughty:

LolClarkson*

Given the layout of this league, how and by who it is run ... Frankly I doubt very much the Canucks win a cup in my lifetime. I'm 50.

Do you smoke ?

jk

Has anyone actually ran some numbers on the chances of winning a cup, law of average wise ?

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
If the number of teams don't change, a team will average 1 Finals appearance every 15 years and 1 Cup win every 30 years. But the sample is so small that you're going to see large variance.

The uneven conferences next year adds another wrinkle.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
they'll get swiped next round just to show how horrible we are this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad