Canucks The Stepping Stone to the Stanley..

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
I am getting real tired of this team getting embarrassed year after year. I am tired of random teams just ****ing coming in the playoffs and playing like they have something to prove against us and end up ****ing us in the ass. Year after year, we get eliminated in a JOKE MANNER. As a fan this is very hard to take... AND This has been happening way too often...

2009- EMBARASSED by some random team called Blackhawks...
2010- EMBARASSED by the same team in an even worse manner
2011- win presidents trophy and then get EMBARASSED by a team that used us as a punching bag (BOS).
2012- win presidents trophy and be EMBARASSED IN THE FIRST ROUD by LA as a #8 seed in a near sweep.
2013- EMBARASSED by a historic playoff CHOKE team SJS in a sweep? EDIT: We did get sweeped.

Seriously as a fan I can't take much more of this, if they get sweeped this year I think I'll stop watching hockey for a while. If we don't have a few blowout games at SJS, then this team really is a team to be stepped on. Cuz after all those lessons, no experience seem to be gained.

I guess we might really be what Toews said we were.

Last edited:

CallToronto

Sep 26, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I am getting real tired of this team getting embarrassed year after year. I am tired of random teams just ****ing coming in the playoffs and playing like they have something to prove against us and end up ****ing us in the ass. Year after year, we get eliminated in a JOKE MANNER. As a fan this is very hard to take... AND This has been happening way too often...

2011- win presidents trophy and then get EMBARASSED by a team that used us as a punching bag (BOS).
2012- win presidents trophy and be EMBARASSED IN THE FIRST ROUD by LA as a #8 seed in a near sweep.
2013- EMBARASSED by a historic playoff CHOKE team SJS in a sweep?

Seriously as a fan I can't take much more of this, if they get sweeped this year I think I'll stop watching hockey for a while. If we don't have a few blowout games at SJS, then this team really is a team to be stepped on. Cuz after all those lessons, no experience seem to be gained.

It's playoff hockey it happens, and i wouldn't say embarrassed against the Bruins in '11 i mean it went to a game 7 but boston did dominate some of those games or in 2012 as the kings won the cup. But like i said it happens you could make a list like that from my favourite team the wings over the past 10 or so years too, i mean how did the wings loose to the Oilers in 06...?

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Step off the ledge, please.

There is no such thing as a graceful exit to the playoffs. The manner in which you get eliminated is irrelevant. 10/10 I'd rather get embarrassed in the first round than miss the playoffs all together. Not to mention I can't recall the Canucks EVER getting embarrassed, let alone multiple times.

TheDiver*

So losing in the playoffs = embarassed?

29 teams each year are embarassing?

Hell, 3 of those teams you claim are "random" actually won the damn cup!

Look man, I am 32, been watching this team for 26 years.

Been watching other sports teams for just as long.

No matter what team you are cheering for, your team will lose in the playoffs more than they win.

If you are embarassed each time, you might as well not follow sports.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, it not as if all those teams except the Hawks in 2009 want on to win the Cup or anything. Those teams weren't the Panthers, Blue Jackets or Flames of the NHL. You're overreacting, but can't say I'm surprised.

It's not as if the 2010 Blackhawks had a better third line than our second, or were the deepest Cup winning team in god knows how long. It's not as if LA didn't go on tear in the playoffs or anything.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Step off the ledge, please.

There is no such thing as a graceful exit to the playoffs. The manner in which you get eliminated is irrelevant. 10/10 I'd rather get embarrassed in the first round than miss the playoffs all together. Not to mention I can't recall the Canucks EVER getting embarrassed, let alone multiple times.

2011 SCF was totally embarrassing

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
The common theme in all of those playoff series losses is a lack of size and toughness in our top 9 forward group. It hasn't been addressed by management, and until it does I believe it's totally unreasonable to expect this group of players to do anything more. Great regular season lineup....during the playoffs, when the hitting, and intensity really ramps up.....not so great!

LolClarkson*

You forgot that the Ducks kicked our ass and won the cup in 2007 .

I think is kinda kool that we only ever lose to the eventual Champions.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
The common theme in all of those playoff series losses is a lack of size and toughness in our top 9 forward group. It hasn't been addressed by management, and until it does I believe it's totally unreasonable to expect this group of players to do anything more. Great regular season lineup....during the playoffs, when the hitting, and intensity really ramps up.....not so great!

Nothing has been addressed by management, and our biggest strength in 2011 was moving the puck from our D and we went backwards in that area.

Look at our wingers, for the most part they aren't one shot scorers, aren't big, and aren't on the same level as the teams we lose to.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm not telling you how to react to seeing your team play in the playoffs, but I can tell you how I feel about it:

I don't take it for granted.

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013

15 consecutive losing seasons was embarrassing.
Having a contender yet losing in the playoffs? yeah not so much.
#perspective #spoiledfans

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
It's playoff hockey it happens, and i wouldn't say embarrassed against the Bruins in '11 i mean it went to a game 7 but boston did dominate some of those games or in 2012 as the kings won the cup. But like i said it happens you could make a list like that from my favourite team the wings over the past 10 or so years too, i mean how did the wings loose to the Oilers in 06...?
The bruins series is an embarrassment.

LA was even worse.

The wings have won cups. Not comparable, not even worth mentioning.

LolClarkson*

It's not as if we were huge favourites going into this series, the Sharks only had one win less than us.

That is the worst part actually.

It doesn't matter if we go into the playoffs with our heads high, Presidents trophy in hand or if we go in as middle of the road, people correctly predict that we will be out in the 1st round.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Ha... Haha. This is first world problems when compared to what Oiler fans go through. I wonder how many nucks fans would jump off the bandwagon if they missed the playoffs?..... And no offense to the many loyal fans.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
15 consecutive losing seasons was embarrassing.
Having a contender yet losing in the playoffs? yeah not so much.
#perspective #spoiledfans

43ish seasons with no cups, no 1st overalls, 3 2nd overalls, 3 final appearances in 43 years. Yea weve been spoiled like sharks have been the last decade with great teams that cant win in the post season. Only the canucks are twice as old as the sharks and are now seemingly on the decline. Traded the best player theyve drafted in 5-10 years for a 4th line lazy project powerforward.

This teams fans deserve to call out this organization

LolClarkson*

43ish seasons with no cups, no 1st overalls, 3 2nd overalls, 3 final appearances in 43 years. Yea weve been spoiled like sharks have been the last decade with great teams that cant win in the post season. Only the canucks are twice as old as the sharks and are now seemingly on the decline. Traded the best player theyve drafted in 5-10 years for a 4th line lazy project powerforward.

This teams fans deserve to call out this organization

Well said.

Hodgson could have been a #1 overall in a weaker draft and yeah, we go trade him to fill the Steve Bernier project.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad