Canucks Team Awards Discussion

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Don't agree at all. You can question the way Kesler left (which I do often) but the dedication and effort he put in on a nightly basis in his time with Vancouver was exemplary... One of the most tenacious players to wear a Canucks jersey since Linden in my opinion.

Kesler couldn't even carry Linden's jockstrap.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
MVP - Henrik

Leading scorer - one of the Sedins

Best defender - should be Tanev, will be Edler.

Unsung - should be Hansen or Matthias ... but they'll probably give it to Dorsett.

Most exciting, Vrbata is probably the only choice.

arsmaster*

About 75% of the board wanted Hansen off the team in November.
Because our coach was playing him 8 minutes a night.
Don't agree at all. You can question the way Kesler left (which I do often) but the dedication and effort he put in on a nightly basis in his time with Vancouver was exemplary... One of the most tenacious players to wear a Canucks jersey since Linden in my opinion.

Agreed.

Guy laid everything on the line for us. It's vogue to hate the guy now, but I still have a soft spot for the guy.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Well considering half the fan base wanted him dealt for a draft pick this summer I think the award is well deserved. He still doesn't get enough credit for the work he's done on that line with Bo and Ronnie. He's also a big part of the PK and the hardest worker on a nightly basis.

Pretty much. As much as Horvat deserves a ton of credit for how he's done as a rookie (and Kenins too), Hansen is really the straw that stirs the drink on that line.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
Cyclone Taylor Trophy (MVP) - Henrik Sedin
Cyrus H. McLean Trophy (Leading Scorer) - Daniel Sedin
Babe Pratt Trophy (Best Dman) - Chris Tanev/Alex Edler -- coin toss, heads or tails?
Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero) - Jannik Hansen
Pavel Bure Most Exciting Player Award - Bo Horvat

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Cyclone Taylor Trophy (MVP) - Henrik Sedin
Cyrus H. McLean Trophy (Leading Scorer) - TBD
Babe Pratt Trophy (Best Dman) - Alex Edler
Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero) - Matthias
Most Exciting Player Award - Vrbata

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Because our coach was playing him 8 minutes a night.

Agreed.

Guy laid everything on the line for us. It's vogue to hate the guy now, but I still have a soft spot for the guy.

He was my favorite player until he asked for a trade. When a guy tells his teammates "you're not good enough for me, I want to go to a better team" I have little use for him. When he then lies repeatedly about asking for a trade, I cease being a fan. When he gives the GM a list of 1 teams he is willling to be traded to I just want him gone.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Cyclone Taylor Trophy (MVP) - Henrik Sedin (No explanation needed, he's clearly our best player. If he was injured our team would be a mess.)

Cyrus H. McLean Trophy (Leading Scorer) - Henrik Sedin (See above.)

Babe Pratt Trophy (Best Defenceman) - Chris Tanev (He makes everyone he plays with better. It's close between him and Edler, mostly because Tanev is playing with him. I feel like Edler would be worse without him.)

Fred J. Hume Award (Unsung Hero) - Brad Richardson (This guy does everything we ask him to and more. Provides scoring in the bottom 6 being on pace for almost 40 points, kills penalties, takes faceoffs, isn't afraid to use his body, etc.)

Pavel Bure Most Exciting Player Award - Zack Kassian (There isn't a Canucks fan who doesn't get pumped when he scores a goal or lays a big hit or gets in a fight. Despite playing only 42 games so far this year he has the most in-game gifs, and it's for a good reason.)

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
MVP: Henrik Sedin
Top Scorer: Daniel or Hank
Top D-man: Tanev
Unsung Hero: Tanev (people think he's worth $3-3.5m.........)
Most Exciting Player: Henrik

Kassian would be a choice for exciting but he doesn't play enough.
Weber for unsung if it has to be a low profile guy.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Weber's a good pick, but he's kind of more of a "For a fringe guy, he's been surprisingly serviceable/competent alongside a glut of fringe defensemen not being serviceable" type deal rather than him being great or anything :laugh:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Weber's a good pick, but he's kind of more of a "For a fringe guy, he's been surprisingly serviceable/competent alongside a glut of fringe defensemen not being serviceable" type deal rather than him being great or anything :laugh:

first rule of unsung hero is you can't be the unsung hero if you are nominated for unsung hero:laugh:

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Results are in:

Cyrus H. McLean (Canucks leading point scorer) - Daniel Sedin
3 Star Award (most Canucks 3 star selections) – Ryan Miller
Babe Pratt (outstanding Canucks defenceman) - Chris Tanev
Fred J. Hume Award (Canucks unsung hero) - Derek Dorsett
Cyclone Taylor (Canucks MVP) - Radim Vrbata
Pavel Bure Most Exciting Player Award - Radim Vrbata

Ad