Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Stars: Thursday, March 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
meh, I never want to see us lose, that being said the only thing that interests me in this game is how well Matthias and Lack/Markstrom do.

Preparing for an HF Canucks meltdown when Nuke picks up a secondary assist

Oh my god! Nichushkin registered more NHL points tonight than Horvat has and ever will in his NHL career! Why didn't we draft someone who can skate better than Hal Gill?!? :sarcasm:

But on a serious note, I'm interested in seeing how Matthias does in his debut. He seems like a Torts kinda guy too.

erik19

May 1, 2006
wooo win this game! win other games! make the playoffs! win the cup!

lalalalalalalalaican'thearyou

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I'm so pissed about the deadline and how this team will just wither until the end of the year I dknt even wanna watch .

Lame duck team

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'm so pissed about the deadline and how this team will just wither until the end of the year I dknt even wanna watch .

Lame duck team

It could have been so, so, so, so much worse. We could have been in on these UFA forwards like last year.

Sucks we lost Diaz and Luongo, but Markstrom and Matthias are good young pieces that filled a hole, while not creating another (if Lack was to be our starter going forward anyway). Diaz would have been nice to hold onto, but we traded a disgruntled Weise for him, and I'm guessing we got him for the same reason we traded him: Diaz wanted too much money for his role on this team. Plus blah, blah, blah not a Torts kind of guy blah blah.

Blah.

It could have been another Roy situation.

Ventana*

Pretty pumped for Matthias - Kassian together (hopefully). Maybe Booth on their wing. 3 big bodied power forwards that can drive the net.

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
Higgins Sedin Kes
Booth Matthias Kassian
Burrows Schroeder Hansen
Sestito Richardson Archibald

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Stanton Garrison

Lack
Markstrom

2-1 Nucks

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
spoiled bandwagoning fans from 2010-11:shakehead

Do you honestly think the Canucks are going to score more than a single goal in regulation tomorrow?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled if they do. But it's only happened twice since the end of January, and in case you haven't noticed, it's a week into March.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks did not add scoring, so there still isn't any. Burrows is most likely to score, IMO.

Canucks did not compromise defense, so they are still a pretty solid corps. Goaltending is the same with a different guy on the bench.

Coaching might change. Tortorella has to see this is a smoking crater of a season. He should be trying stuff. I'd be calling up kids to develop, no?

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Do you honestly think the Canucks are going to score more than a single goal in regulation tomorrow?

I mean don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled if they do. But it's only happened twice since the end of January, and in case you haven't noticed, it's a week into March.

and they can if they continue to shoot the puck and it will go in

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009

i was being sarcastic, trying to make a joke

i guess it didnt work.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
In all honestly I rather go out with a BANG.

I want to see the Canucks fight for a playoff spot to the bitter end.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Mark my words Markstrom will be amazing in a few years. Already Melanson is working with him as seen in Canucks tv.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
do you ever watch these games and see the players actively trying not to score just to spite the coaching system that will never work for them

i thought that in phoenix. i hope i don't have to think it again in dallas.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
do you ever watch these games and see the players actively trying not to score just to spite the coaching system that will never work for them

i thought that in phoenix. i hope i don't have to think it again in dallas.

There's really no excuse here. Burrows has 0 goals in 30+ games, in my opinion this is not about the system, just the players not performing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad