Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign G Nikita Tolopilo to 2-Year ELC

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Liking these signings, the more depth the better. Hopefully we can have a big draft this Summer and really start to fill out this roster and start competing. Even though I am not thrilled with the ultimate direction, I do have more faith in this management group over the previous.

Reactions: MarkMM

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Canucks keep signing and drafting young goaltenders. And I suspect they might pluck another one in the upcoming draft.

Makes you wonder though just how convinced they are that Demko can be that 'franchise goalie' they were projecting him to be. Although he's still only 27, he's still coming off a tough year and the injuries are piling up.

What will Demko be like when he's pushing past 30? It's a legitimate concern. And I guess you can never enough young goalies in the system.

Reactions: Zippgunn

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
The hockey cards I collected are worthless now, but I'll never forget a single name of anyone who played in the NHL from 1989 to 1992.

Per Djoos, Dean Kennedy, Andy Brickley ...
Some of my favourites were Sandis Ozolins, Hakan Loob, Karl Dykhius, Stephane Matteau and of course Andy Moog.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Big goalie. Seems to be ok the heavy side.

A bit concerned that he’s from Belarus rather than Russia. Russia has been the best country at developing goalies of late. Not sure about Belarus.
I'm guessing Belarussian prospects all develop in Russia so they would be the same as Russians. MY worry is that if the political situation in Ukraine gets too hot we might lose our Russian players and we are acquiring them at an alarming rate...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm guessing Belarussian prospects all develop in Russia so they would be the same as Russians. MY worry is that if the political situation in Ukraine gets too hot we might lose our Russian players and we are acquiring them at an alarming rate...
Makes you wonder how wise is is for Russian players to even return home this off-season.

Russia has already been blacklisted by the IIHF......makes you worry that Kremlin might retaliate by forcing their players to stay home......particularly since the KHL is losing foreign born players every year.

Hopefully the Russian NHL'ers and their agents are on top of the situation.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
The Canucks keep signing and drafting young goaltenders. And I suspect they might pluck another one in the upcoming draft.

Makes you wonder though just how convinced they are that Demko can be that 'franchise goalie' they were projecting him to be. Although he's still only 27, he's still coming off a tough year and the injuries are piling up.

What will Demko be like when he's pushing past 30? It's a legitimate concern. And I guess you can never enough young goalies in the system.
A Vezina contender.

Reactions: Son of Petter

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
How is he looking ?
Like this:

1706062370897.png

• Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
From what I've noticed, Tolopilo is gargantuan in the net and is pretty athletic for a big goaltender. But on the downside, he really struggles at times with rebound control. Pucks just seem to hit him and careen out into the slot.

But overall, he's having a pretty decent season in his first year in NA. If DeSmith leaves in the off-season and the Canucks don't find another veteran backup, then Silovs might graduate. And Tolopilo deserves another year in the Abbotsford crease as the de facto starter.

Reactions: Play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad