Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign G Michael DiPietro to 3-year (2017 3rd round draft pick and OHL goaltender of the year)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This is the 4th draft in the last 8 years that people have been throwing the 'bestest draft ever!' stuff at. It won't look this good in 2 years.

As for Dipietro, he's a solid prospect and this was an obvious signing.
Its a good thing we've got you to douse a bucket of cold water on something positive thats happened for the organization..
Best player in the SHL
Best player in Allsvenskan
Best player in the NCAA
Best rookie in Liiga
Finalist for best rookie in the NHL
4 current Canucks prospects are the best rookies/players in their respective leagues.

This does not happen very often.

Reactions: Doyle Hargraves

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Its a good thing we've got you to douse a bucket of cold water on something positive thats happened for the organization..
Best player in the SHL
Best player in the NCAA
Best rookie in Liiga
4 current Canucks prospects are the best rookies/players in their respective leagues.

The overreaction happens for every draft tho.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Best player in the SHL
Best player in the NCAA
Best rookie in Liiga

Least of all here. This is heady stuff for these parts.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Best player in the SHL
Best player in the NCAA
Best rookie in Liiga

... and (again) let's see where this sits in 2 years.

Pettersson is a special talent. Guys like Palmu and Dipietro are not.

Reactions: Pavel96

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's like you can't even follow a conversation.

People are discrediting Benning for his supposed eye for talent and his drafting wizardry, not on his ability to promote people in the front office. Come on dude. Try to follow along.

Funny. I thought Ryp37 and I followed the discussion quite well.

Seriously dude. You need to learn to read.

Reactions: PassLikeA10YrOldBoy

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Gutsy move by ol' Jimbo to demote high level alumni like Ron Delorme I must say. No one has ever dared do that to a made man like The Chief here before. Next The Steamer will be on the concourse selling hot dogs :)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Gutsy move by ol' Jimbo to demote high level alumni like Ron Delorme I must say. No one has ever dared do that to a made man like The Chief here before. Next The Steamer will be on the concourse selling hot dogs :)

I think Gillis deserves credit for finally removing Delorme from running the draft. But from the start, I didn't like having Eric Crawford running the draft. He was a pro scout with a spotty pro scouting record.

Good on Benning for recognizing Brackett's talents in less than one year's time.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad