Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Scottie Upshall to a PTO (released, signs with St. Louis)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
That's okay, if they sign him there won't be any kids on this team:

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Gagner
Upshall-Burmistrov-Dorsett

Barf lineup

No thanks :shakehead

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Gagner

Can you imagine if that's the lineup they ice. Putting the fans through that, for 82 games watching that trash over the hill veteran roster. Their ultimate goal being, to sneak into a wildcard spot only to get eliminated in 4 or 5 games and not trying their best to get a game changing talent at the top of the draft even though that team is clearly bottom 5 in the league.....yikes

The management team is awful but it can't be that awful can it be? Hopefully, they are out of it by December and start selling off pieces early.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I actually saw a lot of Upshall following the blues a little closer and I like what he brings, especially on the PK.

Likely another warm body for China but I'm certainly more open to the possibility of signing him than white.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Can you imagine if that's the lineup they ice. Putting the fans through that, for 82 games watching that trash over the hill veteran roster. Their ultimate goal being, to sneak into a wildcard spot only to get eliminated in 4 or 5 games and not trying their best to get a game changing talent at the top of the draft even though that team is clearly bottom 5 in the league.....yikes.

I could see that lineup happening, but do you honestly that that's a "try for the wild card" lineup? That's a "shelter the kids in the A while we weather the ********* that this season is doomed to be" lineup. At least we'd be watching actual NHLers rather than Megna and Chaput.

Not going to happen anyway. I'll be really surprised if Boeser doesn't make the team... and if Upshall does.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
White and Upshall are basically showcasing themselves for a contract somewhere else...but where?......I supose the Av's and maybe the Knights will in theory be worse....but if the Canucks were to sign one or the other to a two-way contract and stash him in Utica I'd be fine with it....depth and veteran leadership at the AHL-level.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I actually saw a lot of Upshall following the blues a little closer and I like what he brings, especially on the PK.

Likely another warm body for China but I'm certainly more open to the possibility of signing him than white.

Agreed. He's actually a solid 4th liner and can play a checking/pk that can play unsheltered minutes.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I still remember his draft interviews where he sounded like the precursor to Ho-Sang.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015

How was he last season? The reason I ask is that while he had some production (with his highest shooting % since he was 27) his CF%Rel and FF%Rel fell off a cliff last season, though he also started way more in the defensive zone than he ever had.

I question whether we're looking at him just as he's fading. Chris Higgins was younger than Upshall is now when his play suddenly faded to black in 2015-16.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Funny to see all these comments about him being a ******. I remember, I think a GM in philly saying he loved upshall and he was the type of guy you want your daughter to marry. :laugh:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I'd rather see Molino on the roster than Upshall. :D

The thing is both can be. Upshall would only get one year. Molino can go down and come up without issue. All things equal start with Upshall injuries bring up Molino. Or if Molina is shinning trade Upshall or other depth player for later pick at trade deadline. Upshall affects players like Boucher Rodin and maybe Gaunce not players with options like Molino.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Gagner

Take out Dorsett and put in Rodin... that actually might be the line-up. :laugh: Of course its unlikely Horvat being on the 3rd line (1st or 2nd). Boucher 13th forward, Dorsett/Gaunce on IR.

Basically everyone on a PTO is competing for a 4th line winger spot with Rodin/Boucher also in competition (and Dorsett if he's actually healthy). Gaunce being out pretty much gives Burmistrov 4C spot to lose (Megna/Chaput likely in the mix for any 4th lnie spot too but if Boucher/Rodin/PTOs can't beat them, then they shouldn't be on the team).

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Gagner

gotta attempt to try and make sutter/eriksson live up to their contracts somehow!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol....if the Canucks were to sign both White and Upshall, that would bring the number of UFA's signed in the off-season to 'nine'.....that's almost half the roster of an expansion team, and all the guys they signed could have been signed by anybody, including Vegas....if there's a 'rebuild' underway, I'm not really seeing it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We are signing all these FA's, and potentially more in White and Upshall, that it is also pushing Rodin out of the lineup. Rodin is going to be back in Europe before you know it, and we will never know what we ever had in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad