Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Scottie Upshall to a PTO (released, signs with St. Louis)

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Wow I thought Upshall would have played some AHL time recently but the guy has somehow managed to be a constant NHLer for almost 700 games now.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
We need to make the blue line more competitive. Lots of competition up front, but our D scares me.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Now the Canucks need to find a way to dump Dorsett and keep either Upshall or White. All play the same roles, but Upshall and White will save the team from an extra 30-40 short-handed situations in the season.

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
dude is a total ****boy. part of the shane o'brien crew. kind of guy that will go to daytona with 7 bros on christmas break.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
dude is a total ****boy. part of the shane o'brien crew. kind of guy that will go to daytona with 7 bros on christmas break.

Yup, never been a fan but not gonna complain about a PTO.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Love it and I'd bet he gets a 1 year contract with us. He should have no trouble cracking the bottom 6 of this sad sack roster. He's a good energy guy who can PK and we're desperate for a player like him. The best part is we can flip him @ the TDL for a hi 2nd :thumbu:

0din

Mar 8, 2016
Going all out to get the worse possible draft position and going for a wild card spot.

AND lets just eliminate one more spot for a rookie, lets infuse some youth into the line up, he is younger than a Sedin isn't he?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Upshall is a well known d bag in the d bag community. Welcome aboard! Why you would choose us, I have no idea.

Yeah, he was the 4th guy in the Richards/Carter/Lupul partying clique back in the day in Philly. Has a rep as one of the biggest d-bags in the NHL and not a guy I'd particularly want around kids on this team.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah, he was the 4th guy in the Richards/Carter/Lupul partying clique back in the day in Philly. Has a rep as one of the biggest d-bags in the NHL and not a guy I'd particularly want around kids on this team.

Jake needs a mentor in Utica. :sarcasm:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

That's okay, if they sign him there won't be any kids on this team:

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Baertschi-Horvat-Gagner
Upshall-Burmistrov-Dorsett

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Upshall hasn't played in Philly in almost a decade. Most people have grown up from a maturity standpoint from their early 20s to early 30s.

I'm fine with this PTO.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
he's better than i expected as cannon fodder.

he must be all out of options to sign a pto for a team with 16 forwards on one way contracts, and several young forward prospects.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Upshall is a well known d bag in the d bag community. Welcome aboard! Why you would choose us, I have no idea.

If he actually is a *********, then the young/fringe players should be playing really really hard to make sure he isn't on their team.

Everyone requires a different type of motivation.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If he actually is a *********, then the young/fringe players should be playing really really hard to make sure he isn't on their team.

Everyone requires a different type of motivation.

Now I've heard everything. Let's sign as many d-bags as we can to motivate young players to play well enough to knock them off the roster.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Now I've heard everything. Let's sign as many d-bags as we can to motivate young players to play well enough to knock them off the roster.

hahaha For once, I agree with your cynical perspective. Love it.

This one just seems like a silly signing. Not sure what the point of bringing someone of this "character" is, or even another body in a role like this? Maybe Dorsett and others are not ready to go for camp and they need veterans with this type of edge, but it just seems strange to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad