Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Nic Petan to two-way deal ($750,000/$450,000)

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Never liked him in the NHL but should be absolute force in Abby and be something of a depth piece for Vancouver.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not joking at all, this is by far the best signing Benning made today. I am a Petan truther and definitely think he's an NHLer. He obviously has playmaking talent and he's never had poor shot/chance impacts at the NHL level. He's in my lineup. At worst, he's Abbottsford's 1C on a buriable contract.

See! I can be positive when Benning makes a smart move!

Miller - Petterson - Boeser
Petan - Horvat - Garland
Podkolzin - Dickinson - Hoglander
Pearson - Sutter - Motte

This is actually quite a good forward group.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Great depth guy. I mean i don't think he was ever on a different level than Vey, and he's no Sven Baertchi, but we didn't lose a high pick to get him.

Reactions: Hit the post

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Not joking at all, this is by far the best signing Benning made today. I am a Petan truther and definitely think he's an NHLer. He obviously has playmaking talent and he's never had poor shot/chance impacts at the NHL level. He's in my lineup. At worst, he's Abbottsford's 1C on a buriable contract.

Petan - Horvat - Garland
Pearson - Sutter - Motte

I think this is VERY ambitious but it would be a nice value signing if he can play anywhere to that calibre, for sure.

Reactions: ugghhh

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
He's also a really nice kid. I know they seem to have brought in a lot of local flavour for the AHL team here (Petan, Hunt, Burroghs). All really high-end AHL talents too - Aqua sparing no expense to make this work.

Reactions: elitepete

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think this is VERY ambitious but it would be a nice value signing if he can play anywhere to that calibre, for sure.

I'd like to see some team (hopefully Vancouver now), just give him an uninterrupted chance in the top-nine. The kind of chance they gave to Baertschi and Vey.

I think he'll reward them.

Reactions: ugghhh

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He's also a really nice kid. I know they seem to have brought in a lot of local flavour for the AHL team here (Petan, Hunt, Burroghs). All really high-end AHL talents too - Aqua sparing no expense to make this work.

Can't say Aqua hasn't given Benning a blank cheque this offseason. And he's paying a lot of one-way deals to fill out the Abby roster too.

Reactions: DarrenX

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Petan automatically becomes the Abby Canucks best player.....it's too bad he wasn't a natural center....I think his path to the NHL would have been smoother if he could generate offense from the middle of the ice.

But what we're seeing is former Western Hockey league kids wanting to come home to play AHL hockey. So Vancouver and Abby might actually be at an advantage when it comes to signing players. Never saw that coming.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The thing is, Petan is a replacement player for top-six injuries. He doesn't replace an guy like MacEwen or Dickinson if they get hurt. He replaces Garland/Boeser if they get hurt. That way, your other lines can stay the same.

Last edited:

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

Petan - Horvat - Garland
Pearson - Sutter - Motte

Pearson on the 4th line and Petan on the second…day drinking!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad