Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Conor Garland to 5-Year Deal ($4.95M AAV)

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Guy actually looks pretty good even though I barely knew he existed prior. Good stats. Won't mention the trade other than it's a shame to be associated with it. Hope he plays well and as a player is judged on that rather than the price paid.
You said you do not know him but then discredit the trade. Maybe if you do not know main player in a trade your opinion might not be worth much? He is a very good player and will help team.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
You said you do not know him but then discredit the trade. Maybe if you do not know main player in a trade your opinion might not be worth much? He is a very good player and will help team.

There were other parts of the trade as well you know. 9th for Garland is probably fine, the OEL part of the trade is f***ing garbage and will continue being garbage.

It seems like he was clearly saying it's a shame this player is lumped in with the OEL/Eriksson-Beagle-Roussel trade

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Our top-6 looks legit next year.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser
Garland - Horvat - Hoglander

Problem is now our D.
OEL, Nate, Hughes, Hamonic? Myers Rathbone is the best group we've had in a while. We are on paper the deepest since Benning took over. Hopefully it's transfers from paper to the ice.

Reactions: Fraser28

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I really like Garland as a player but FFS when are we going to fix our dcore

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
OEL, Nate, Hughes, Hamonic? Myers Rathbone is the best group we've had in a while. We are on paper the deepest since Benning took over. Hopefully it's transfers from paper to the ice.
Sometimes I wonder if people stopped watching OEL in the desert after 2016, i mean I don't blame them. Nate is gone, Rathbone a rookie.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Liked Garland already as a player, liking him a lot more as a person the more I read. Can’t wait to see him in a Canucks’ jersey. Our top 9 forwards are going to be strong - if nothing else.

Reactions: Indiana

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

Look at that list you rattled off, if you seriously don’t see the issues that D core will have in their own end there really isn’t much of a discussion to be had lol. You must be a new fan?

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Look at that list you rattled off, if you seriously don’t see the issues that D core will have in their own end there really isn’t much of a discussion to be had lol. You must be a new fan?

Have to hope the forwards will be giving hard back pressure, and the defense will be mobile enough and skilled enough to turn loose pucks back up the ice.

Dickinson seems like the misfit in the top 9, not sure he has any untapped offense, but we should be able to roll three strong lines. And our 4th line might not suck for once.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It’s literally the worst defense we’ve had by common sense in a long time.

I would take Hamonic? out and put Juolevi just so we aren’t jumping the gun.

6 offensive D. Woo!!!

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Really good player. Problem is benning will sign him after a career year to a bloated contract

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad