Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign C Max Sasson to 2-Year ELC

dez

Mar 3, 2012
They must be saving the Livingstone signing til later... for the drama...yes... Must be.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Free asset and willing to go to Abbotsford I like it. Wonder what Livingstone is thinking about he's the one everyone's waiting for.
"Willing to go to Abbotsford" When has that ever done anything significant for the Vancouver Canucks?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
"Willing to go to Abbotsford" When has that ever done anything significant for the Vancouver Canucks?
Probably the thing that defines whether or not Allvin/Rutherford can turn this team into a contender is if they can turn Abbotsford into one of the best farm systems in the league.

We completely overhauled the staff there a year ago - results are pending.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Clearly addresses an organizational need as a natural center. Abby Canucks are so thin right now, there's a good possibility he jumps right into the lineup on an ATO.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Mentioned on every list I saw of top NCAA free agents. Also on sites identifying college players Canucks were pursuing.

Attraction for Sasson there is real opening at third line center and from every description this is what his upside is.

Never get too high with such signings since so few have any real impact.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
max-sasson-2023-7065.jpg
I'd like to bring me laptop in for service

I went to Abbotsford willingly a few times. Wasn't very impressive

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Reviewing the article about Sasson in the Vancouver Province, some of the NHL scouts who lost out are already dissing him as an NHL prospect.

One said that in his prime years, 24-29 he tops out as a decent AHL center. He adds that if you look at the record, most NCAA free agents end up as AHL players.

Hopefully Sasson uses this as 'motivation'. Certainly the third-line center role with the Canucks is wide-open. Raty should have the inside track, based on his pedigree. But hasn't done a lot in Abbotsford to say he's a lock for it.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Reviewing the article about Sasson in the Vancouver Province, some of the NHL scouts who lost out are already dissing him as an NHL prospect.

One said that in his prime years, 24-29 he tops out as a decent AHL center. He adds that if you look at the record, most NCAA free agents end up as AHL players.

Hopefully Sasson uses this as 'motivation'. Certainly the third-line center role with the Canucks is wide-open. Raty should have the inside track, based on his pedigree. But hasn't done a lot in Abbotsford to say he's a lock for it.

Is Sasson going to replace Raty as the 1C in Abbotsford?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
So is he fast or is he not? Reading contradictory things about his skating.

If he has + skating we might have some potential as a bottom 6 C which continues to be a need. He can be Focht’s replacement in the system.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
A lot of these NCAA guys negotiate to go straight to the NHL club to burn a year of the ELC. He didn't get him for extra year on ELC now.

Indeed. But Sasson is pretty lowly ranked as far as college UFAs go.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021

If he has + skating we might have some potential as a bottom 6 C which continues to be a need. He can be Focht’s replacement in the system.

i've read he's fast but not agile. has trouble changing direction and moving in traffic? no idea how true it is though

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
The fact he has PK and PP ability and is apparently good defensively means they’re more of a path to a bottom 6 spot. Lots of NCAA can do PK and aren’t as valuable.

Not saying Sasson is anything special and he was on a great line, but he has some tools. Also, Alvin has a very good track record so far in terms of finding good free prospects so far…

Reactions: Son of Petter

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

His skating looks pretty quick in the limited highlights I’ve been able to find.

But he also has quite a hunched-over posture and looks much smaller than his listed 6’1.

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad