Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign C Max Sasson to 2-Year ELC

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No not yet.

They haven’t even trusted him with a call up yet. They like to let their young guys marinate slowly in the AHL.

I think a successful season for him is he’s called up when needed and looks solid enough that they feel comfortable enough allowing him to compete for a bottom 6 full time gig in 2025.

Blueger is a really important player in Tocchet’s system. It’s already been rumored management views him as a priority UFA re-sign this summer.
Blueger is on what, a 39-game goalless drought?......and he's spent a bulk of the season playing with Garland and Joshua. How is that even possible?

I don't care how many faceoffs he wins or what he does on the PK.......if an offensive black hole like Blueger is "really important to Tocchet's system' then the Canucks are in more trouble than I thought entering the playoffs.

The bottom line is that the Canucks need more offense from their bottom of the roster centers--a lot more. And if guys like Sasson and Raty can provide it, then they should be playing next season.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Blueger is on what, a 39-game goalless drought?......and he's spent a bulk of the season playing with Garland and Joshua. How is that even possible?

I don't care how many faceoffs he wins or what he does on the PK.......if an offensive black hole like Blueger is "really important to Tocchet's system' then the Canucks are in more trouble than I thought entering the playoffs.

The bottom line is that the Canucks need more offense from their bottom of the roster centers--a lot more. And if guys like Sasson and Raty can provide it, then they should be playing next season.

Guys like Blueger and Suter would destroy the AHL offensively. Nils Aman was a point-per-game player in Abbotsford to start the season and easily better than Sasson or Raty.

You’re hugely underestimating the jump from the AHL to NHL and what it does to production.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Guys like Blueger and Suter would destroy the AHL offensively. Nils Aman was a point-per-game player in Abbotsford to start the season and easily better than Sasson or Raty.

You’re hugely underestimating the jump from the AHL to NHL and what it does to production.
It's not me saying that four or five kids from the Abbotsford Canucks will crack the NHL lineup next season, it's the President Jim Rutherford. That was his prediction in a recent interview with Iain McIntryre.

So, while it's true that it's a huge jump from the AHL to the NHL, the President doesn't seem too worried about it.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's not me saying that four or five kids from the Abbotsford Canucks will crack the NHL lineup next season, it's the President Jim Rutherford. That was his prediction in a recent interview with Iain McIntryre.

So, while it's true that it's a huge jump from the AHL to the NHL, the President doesn't seem too worried about it.

He said 4 or 5 players could challenge for jobs, not that 4 or 5 would make the team.

Reactions: Lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
He said 4 or 5 players could challenge for jobs, not that 4 or 5 would make the team.
If, out of that handful, one ended up being an OK third-line winger, and the other a satisfactory fourth-liner, that'd be a very good result for the upcoming season. (I don't think anyone sees any defensemen on the current AHL roster challenging to start on the bottom pairing in the NHL (again, for the upcoming season).

Reactions: IComeInPeace

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
personally i can't wait for all the fantasy lineups with 5+ of sasson, bains, ep2, willander, lekkerimaki, raty, mueller and woo in them
Your wish is my command

Raty-Pettersson-Lekkerimaki
Mueller-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Sasson-Karlsson
Podkolzin-Suter-Bains

Hughes-Woo
EP2-Willander
Soucy-McWard

2025 cup champs baby!!!!!!!!!!

Real talk, only players I see having an actual shot next season would be Sasson, Karlsson and Woo. Rest need much more seasoning.

They’ll all be 24 by next training camp. Pretty much now or never for them.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Your wish is my command

Raty-Pettersson-Lekkerimaki
Mueller-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Sasson-Karlsson
Podkolzin-Suter-Bains

Hughes-Woo
EP2-Willander
Soucy-McWard

2025 cup champs baby!!!!!!!!!!

Real talk, only players I see having an actual shot next season would be Sasson, Karlsson and Woo. Rest need much more seasoning.

They’ll all be 24 by next training camp. Pretty much now or never for them.

i can't believe you'd disrespect sasson in his own thread like this. he'll be centering mueller and boeser on the 2nd line. miller is past his prime

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Honestly, I think that's only the players that Rutherford has already decided will be in the lineup. It's likely realistic to assume that at least 8 or 9 players will make it once everything shakes out at camp. They might hire one or two as coaches, as well. There's probably also an outside chance that we see one added to the legal team.

Reactions: credulous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad