Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign Brandon Sutter to 5-Year, $21.875M Deal ($4.375M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
its brutal that my reaction to this was "could have been worse"

oh jeez, i spilled ten gallons of smoking oil on myself. could have been worse, i could have hit someone else as well

Mofletz

Aug 28, 2006
Third line center making 4.375M.

I thought Malhotra making 2.75M was a bit high.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
anything over 3.5 million is too high. I'm not even sure we need him with Cassels coming up.

Can't pay bottom 6 forwards this much.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC

oh jeez, i spilled ten gallons of smoking oil on myself. could have been worse, i could have hit someone else as well

Exactly this.

Bad deal for a mediocre player, but "Hey! Could've been worse."

Hate that it has come to this.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Have to wait and see how this one pans out. I think its on the boarder or an over payment, 4 million I could live with. Hopefully with more ice time and a bigger role he can elevate his game play. Time will tell i guess.

arsmaster*

Cheaper than I expected.

@verviticus, just finished texting my bro....similar sentiments...."it could have been worse" is the common refrain.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Why not wait until he's played a game for the team? What's the rush?

Of course I don't like the trade in the first place, so it's hard to feel any positivity about the contract. Ol' Tool-Seeker Jim can't help but hand out $$$ to hard shootin', quick skatin' square jaw-eds. The type of player he likes is pretty clear at this point. I don't like to watch those sorts of players. I don't like this whole situation.

synobyte

Canucks Cultist
Mar 23, 2007
100 mile house
too much whining around here for me.... i like the player and the amount this is a transitional stage for the canucks just wait for the end product guys

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Basically this.

On the bright side, it's not 5M+. It's pretty sad to have this "could have been worse" mentality, but yet I have it...

Ugh

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Sutter has a great chance to have a career year with the team. 45+ points and sound defensively is my prediction. People really need to chill here. Its getting tiring.

synobyte

Canucks Cultist
Mar 23, 2007
100 mile house
also it gives Horvat more time to develop and not have to worry about being a full time second liner, he can continue to grow and learn from similar players...

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Why not wait until he's played a game for the team? What's the rush?

Quick, sign everyone to big contracts they would only deserve after a breakout season, before they actually have that breakout season so that we can save money in not competing in free agency!

...That sentence makes sense in my mind. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad