Confirmed with Link: Canucks release or re-assign 6 scouting staff members MOD WARNING #466

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta

http://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...ything-canucks-lack-at-power-forward-position

"I spent a lot of time of time working on that (trade) and I guess Boston felt they were getting a better deal from L.A.," said Canucks general manager Jim Benning.

our first plus was on the table considering what we've watched Jim Benning trade for others.

'la thought they were getting a better deal.' what exactly were we offering that was comparable.

Kuzma's theorized deal would have involved the 1st which became boeser, markstrom, and another prospect.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
http://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...ything-canucks-lack-at-power-forward-position

our first plus was on the table considering what we've watched Jim Benning trade for others.

'la thought they were getting a better deal.' what exactly were we offering that was comparable.

Kuzma's theorized deal would have involved the 1st which became boeser, markstrom, and another prospect.

Wow. I did not know about this. Jesus.

That is really a shame that did not get done. That would have been an absolutely indefensible epic blunder.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
And you think there is nothing wrong with that so good for you for supporting Benning there

You seen confused. You are the one that supports Boeser + Markstrom + top prospect for 1 year of Lucic on the 28th placed team. Jimbo probably thought he'd sure have been worth it for the real good mentoring.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Jim's trading history says you are wrong.

H0YE3M7.jpg

black ace

Jul 4, 2006
Vancouver

If i read the article right it says thats what it would have taken not what Benning was offering.

black ace

Jul 4, 2006
Vancouver
A few pages too late but Tony G isint really an insider. He breaks no news. Is very close friends with Goodenow and Gillis and has a hate on for Quinn, Linden, Burke and Benning.

Not sure his "Gillis told me that he was going to take Larkin" 2 years later passes the smell test.

ccjon

Jul 12, 2011
A few pages too late but Tony G isint really an insider. He breaks no news. Is very close friends with Goodenow and Gillis and has a hate on for Quinn, Linden, Burke and Benning.

Not sure his "Gillis told me that he was going to take Larkin" 2 years later passes the smell test.

Thought he broke the Vegas expansion no?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If i read the article right it says thats what it would have taken not what Benning was offering.

My thought as well.

Exactly. It's funny how some posters here are treating Tony G as a credible source when he simply says he "suspects." It's no where near the level of credibility assigned to Friedman or McKenzie and even Friedman and McKenzie make sure you know that all he is doing is speculating so don't take his word for it. Seriously, have people not read the Vancouver media thread? Tony G was a Canucks management critic until his buddy Gillis came along. And like I said, at the time Gilllis supposedly told Tony G that they liked Larkin, that made a ton of sense because the Canucks were expected to be drafted in the 10-15 range. I believe that. But how that translate into some sort of credible source that the Canucks European scouts liked Nylander and the North American scouts liked Ehlers is beyond me.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
A few pages too late but Tony G isint really an insider. He breaks no news.

This is flat out wrong. His work on the whole ordeal with Pavel Bure alone is sufficient enough.

E: You don't have a career in print journalism for 40 years if you aren't breaking news. Don't blame Gallagher for people who lack reading comprehension skills.

Last edited:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Didn't we establish that Tony G is friends or at least have a good relationship with Mike Gillis?

Yes but there seems to be some sort of disconnect between understanding what a source is in journalism and how it relates to Tony Gallagher.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If only Jim had been able to deal the 5th overall, and probably Tanev and another 5th overall for Subban's $9m..... we could get rid of the scouts.

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
Yes but there seems to be some sort of disconnect between understanding what a source is in journalism and how it relates to Tony Gallagher.

Tony is as much of a source as Al Strachan. A bitter smarmy little man who hates owners and managers for no apparent reason. I think Benning is a mouth breather but I can't make it through a Gallagher article.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I've heard that the Aquilini's want to keep Delorme happy because of their interests in the oil industry...

I recognize this sounds like random BS... but I don't post here often enough to just randomly spout complete falsehoods :P. Take it for what its worth.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I've heard that the Aquilini's want to keep Delorme happy because of their interests in the oil industry...

I recognize this sounds like random BS... but I don't post here often enough to just randomly spout complete falsehoods :P. Take it for what its worth.

Wouldn't surprise me, except what does Delorme have to do with the oil industry?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Is Delorme happy with the Stewart signing?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
You seen confused. You are the one that supports Boeser + Markstrom + top prospect for 1 year of Lucic on the 28th placed team. Jimbo probably thought he'd sure have been worth it for the real good mentoring.

You seem really confused. You're the one who says there's nothing wrong with selling futures. Not me.

There is nothing wrong with selling futures on a team about to tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad