Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Red Wings 7:30 ET

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I still trust Z at 1C way more than Larkin. I did not like what I saw from Larkin as a C. I agree he needs more time, but during that time we're going to struggle and it seems clear Blashill is not willing to struggle.

The question then becomes whether it is even close to sustainable to have Z there for any extended period of time. Because I'm sure I'm not alone in doubting that.

We did not struggle that bad in the games where Larkin played center. We haven't really been good since Z replaced him there either.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Going to try and start a Ty Ber-Tuz- Zi chant tonight. Just need little Bert to give me an opening

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It might be one of the worst years to have a 1-4 pick, but not sure it is a bad draft for an 8-12 pick. Doubt we would finish worse than 8-12 range, to be honest.

Half disagree. I think it's a bad draft overall. The projections are all over the map sans a handful of guys, and it's not a great draft for true puck-movers. This is a year where picking 15 isn't going to bring much value over 40.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Is Larkin ever going to play center again this season?

Also take Smith out and put Sproul in

It's been suggested by the coaching staff that he might be a better player in the NHL as a Winger instead of a Center. Still too early to say, though.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Love how Sproul was told to find a place to live. Then they don' t even use him. This is like the 6th game in a row now Blash has scratched his ass. He's got more to offer than Marchy right now.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Since people have disagreed with my minus's score on Smith.
I request people to find mistakes in just Smith's game (and give me the rough time stamp on those mistakes)

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
I still trust Z at 1C way more than Larkin. I did not like what I saw from Larkin as a C. I agree he needs more time, but during that time we're going to struggle and it seems clear Blashill is not willing to struggle.

The question then becomes whether it is even close to sustainable to have Z there for any extended period of time. Because I'm sure I'm not alone in doubting that.

It's such a different position to play. We are so used to watching Larkin fly up the wing on a stretch pass and circle it around the zone while maintaining possession. Playing center you need to be lower in the d-zone, and often times you are making that pass. Larkin also seemed to be floating a bit higher just because he played wing all season.

It's not that I don't think he looked good there. I just think it's so much of a different position where he shines with speed might be hindered somewhat by trying to play defensive responsible hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad