Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall D Noah Juulsen (Hamonic to IR)

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Connaughton was the most obvious waiver pick up ever, but so was Riley Nash, Bastian, Clague and others

Pretty clear they are waiting for either someone or most likely Gad.

Does picking up someone cause us to give up first dibs at Gajdovich? I thought we got first dibs on him no matter what
I thought we only get first priority over Gadjovich if he is waived within 30 days.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Also, if no other team puts in a claim, I think we are allowed to assign him to the AHL.

He was claimed on Oct 7, 60 plus days ago. We are just like any other team now, with waiver priority based on points percentage, I believe.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think Rathbone as a left shot d-man would have been the first call-up, but apparently he's dinged up as well. So it's Juulsen as the extra d-man. Hamonic lands on IR.....shaping up as a lost season for him with all the vaccination issues and injuries.

Eventually Rathbone will arrive in VanCity and I'm really anxious to see how he responds playing for Boudreau. Rathbone was one of those guys you just withered trying to play Green's system of passive defending. Boudreau will turn him loose on the offensive side of the puck, where he shines.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It’s almost like picking up Scott Harrington or Kevin Comnauton a day or two back would have been a good idea.

But really this is on Benning and Green for having no depth and then dumping Juolevi for laying on the ice.

Juolevi isnt playing at the moment... so there is that.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
From what I've seen Juulsen is most comparable to Schenn. He is not as good as Schenn but same type. Defense first, take the man around the net and get the puck up to the forwards as quick as he can. Has been the best d-man in Abby lately and a lot better than Bowey who was probably the alternative. Can play a heavy game but not agile and not fast.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Rutherford better be working on this ASAP. Injuries on our blueline are piling up and as the remaining dmen start to get overextended things can really unravel quickly.

Reactions: David71

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Lammikko and Juulsen can even survive in depth roles for the Canucks, then it's a clear 'trade win' for Vancouver. Juolevi is closer to playing back in Europe than occupying a regular blueline spot in the NHL.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i am not making any assumptions about juolevi after watching the rest of this team blossom without green and watching chatfield play for the canes.

chatfield was treated poorly by green last year who basically axed the guy after that leafs game where green is the one who had over played him. this year chatfield is contributing to a team that is a lot better than any team green ever coached.

green and juolevi clashed from their first summer development camp onward. juolevi never once got the kind of rope a top draft pick normally gets, and there were times his treatment did not make sense based on his on ice play. juolevi also looked fine on the ice in camp this year, and seemed to have had an exchange with his coach in the third his last preseason game.

i have always assumed juolevi was a problem off ice. i am now not ruling out that green babcocked the guy.

Reactions: alternate

joelCAMEL

Apr 17, 2018
Vancouver
He was claimed on Oct 7, 60 plus days ago. We are just like any other team now, with waiver priority based on points percentage, I believe.

It took me awhile to find the exact date, but I remembered that San Jose waived Gadjovich and I thought it strange that Vancouver did not reclaim him and send him to Abbotsford. San Jose waived him on Oct.11

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It took me awhile to find the exact date, but I remembered that San Jose waived Gadjovich and I thought it strange that Vancouver did not reclaim him and send him to Abbotsford. San Jose waived him on Oct.11
He had a visa issue or something so it may have been SJ doing some paperwork to have another player on the roster.

joelCAMEL

Apr 17, 2018
Vancouver
He had a visa issue or something so it may have been SJ doing some paperwork to have another player on the roster.

Oct6
Vancouver CanucksJonah Gadjovich, LW - Waived
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Oct7
San Jose SharksJonah Gadjovich, LW - Claimed off waivers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Oct11
San Jose SharksJonah Gadjovich, LW - Waived
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
San Jose SharksJonah Gadjovich, LW - Placed on IR Visa issues
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Maybe he was withdrawn from waivers, then placed on IR on same day, as he did not play any games in AHL this year. So, I was incorrect that he was available to reclaim.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think that's an error. According to a bunch of other websites he was waived by the Canucks, picked up by SJ, placed on IR for visa issues, removed and joined the team. He's currently on their active roster.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009

I am not sure San Jose put him on waivers. I think they instead placed him on NHL non roster status (Covid Protocol) or I think people here might have gone nuts that we didnt claim him back.

joelCAMEL

Apr 17, 2018
Vancouver
I am not sure San Jose put him on waivers. I think they instead placed him on NHL non roster status (Covid Protocol) or I think people here might have gone nuts that we didnt claim him back.

I took my info off of TSN transactions and I already posted a retraction and my opinion on what happened, 3 posts up. Now... I am unsure what happened.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I took my info off of TSN transactions and I already posted a retraction and my opinion on what happened, 3 posts up. Now... I am unsure what happened.

Yeah, sorry, I hadn't read through the thread. But to be fair, I agree, the whole thing seems to be pretty confusing

Reactions: joelCAMEL

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

It's for the season. If the Canucks are the only team making a claim we can send him straight down without waivers.

The 30 days is for players that cleared waivers. After a player clears waivers you have 10 games or 30 days (which ever is first) where you don't have to use waivers send the player down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad