Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall D Noah Juulsen (Hamonic to IR)

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
It'll be interesting to see if new D coach Brad Shaw has a positive impact in this situation.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
1 point in 17 games at the AHL level is pretty alarming. His puck skill must be at zero

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Will he get a game? If OEL is still out, I would think they move Schenn or Burroughs to play with Hughes and Hunt comes in to play with Myers or Poolman. It's kind of odd that we actually have more right-side right shot Dmen than left side.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
May 31, 2006
Another RHD.

Not enough is said of how poorly structured our blue line is that we had to dress 5 RHD last night.

Why hasn’t Sautner been given a contract at least?

And is Juulsen really better than Brisebois?

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sautner is a lot of things, but he's barely a top-4 AHL defenseman so I say not to this.

From everything I here he's very strong defensively at that level which Brisebois isn't. For a call-up, he'll give you that safe low-event play that you want from a guy who'll only see 12 minutes of ice per night.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Another RHD.

Not enough is said of how poorly structured our blue line is that we had to dress 5 RHD last night.

Sautner is all but done as an NHL prospect so he didn't get an NHL contract.

According to posters in the Abbotsford thread, it seems that Juulsen has been playing well of late. Looks like Brisebois might also be battling some injuries?

I think the most interesting part is that Juulsen was called up ahead of Rathbone (not sure if injuries were involved).

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
Rathbone seems like he is dealing with an injury so need a guy in the press box. The coaching staff doesn't trust Hunt over Burroughs or Schenn (both on their offside too) at this point, so Juulsen probably draws in.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Abby watchers - how has Juulsen looked?

Mostly bad. Can't transition the puck to save his life. Doesn't skate well - stiff-hipped and mediocre footwork. He's a #4-5 defender at the AHL level. Worse player than Chatfield.

His best games were the last two games, where he was pretty solidly physical and scored a lucky goal. It's a sad state of affairs that this player is the first callup. But Bowey has been very disappointing recently, Woo isn't close, and Rathbone just got hurt.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
In my limited viewings he’s been pretty good against and AHL-level forecheck. I would think he’ll be exposed a few times per game against NHL forwards. His first pass under pressure is typically 20 feet up the boards to a forward he hopes can win the battle he’s left with.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Not very good. Mediocre at best. Completely lose him in the play, has zero offensive skills. Decent defensively so he has that going for him. Doesn't use his size well, but decent positionally against AHL speed. He'd get torn apart at the NHL level though imo

He's our best right hand option though :)

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Rathbone has not been good defensively in Abbotsford. Its better if he plays big minutes there. He has look a lot like Hughes last year defensively

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s almost like picking up Scott Harrington or Kevin Comnauton a day or two back would have been a good idea.

But really this is on Benning and Green for having no depth and then dumping Juolevi for laying on the ice.
To be fair, Juolevi has played 3 AHL games all season. I know Florida is playing some injury games to avoid waiving him, but I'm not sure he's an answer either.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Connaughton was the most obvious waiver pick up ever, but so was Riley Nash, Bastian, Clague and others

Pretty clear they are waiting for either someone or most likely Gad.

Does picking up someone cause us to give up first dibs at Gajdovich? I thought we got first dibs on him no matter what

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad