Canucks Recall D Ashton Sautner

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
"We honestly never saw this coming being this banged up on D"

*looks back on 2005-06, 2007-08, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2013-14 seasons*

"Great Scott!"

The crazy thing is that Benning himself talked about how he learned in his first season that he needed 10-11 guys who could play in the NHL on defense.

Then he completely ignores his own words, and goes into the training camp with probably the worst defensive depth in franchise history. And no depth in Utica, either.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The crazy thing is that Benning himself talked about how he learned in his first season that he needed 10-11 guys who could play in the NHL on defense.

Then he completely ignores his own words, and goes into the training camp with probably the worst defensive depth in franchise history. And no depth in Utica, either.

To be fair he did just say play in the NHL, he never said play well.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
With Sautner gone they will have tonight's 6:

Negrin/Ehrhardt (you know them)
Jon Landry(PTO, scored his 1st Comets goal tonight)/Subban
David Shields (PTO, scored his 1st Comets goal tonight)/Danny Syvret (PTO, scored his 2nd Comets goal tonight)

Really shocked I didn't see one post stating Subban should have been recalled over Sautner. Really, Sautner is the better call-up since this guy is going directly to the press box and Subban needs to keep playing every day.

Comets D looks better than canucks D

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
With Sautner gone they will have tonight's 6:

Negrin/Ehrhardt (you know them)
Jon Landry(PTO, scored his 1st Comets goal tonight)/Subban
David Shields (PTO, scored his 1st Comets goal tonight)/Danny Syvret (PTO, scored his 2nd Comets goal tonight)

Really shocked I didn't see one post stating Subban should have been recalled over Sautner. Really, Sautner is the better call-up since this guy is going directly to the press box and Subban needs to keep playing every day.

Subban needs to play big minutes. Nobody thinks he's ready to do that in the NHL.

Funny that you react so strongly to criticisms over Green scratching him, but now the Comets can't spare him. Par for the course I suppose.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad