Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall D Alex Biega from Utica

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The new 7th d-man in case of injury. Good to see that Corrado will finally get some ice-time in Utica, hopefully Biega doesn't just warm the pressbox while he's up here like Frankie did.

He might have to play tomorrow. Dorsett isn't at practice today and Sestito is with the Comets on a conditioning stint, so if Dorsett isn't good to go tomorrow we'll only have 11 forwards.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
He might have to play tomorrow. Dorsett isn't at practice today and Sestito is with the Comets on a conditioning stint, so if Dorsett isn't good to go tomorrow we'll only have 11 forwards.

hmm, Weber on forward (done that before) and Biega take his spot?
Glad Biega finally making the league. He brought nothing but positive effect in Utica giving 100% effort literally every game

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
If Dorsett can't play
I'd really like to see Weber on a 4th line wing
Get Biega some decent time on the back end and see how he fairs
I would expect some mistakes from him so if he does get to play, hope he gets the benefit of the doubt

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Would rather see Sanguinetti get the call-up and have him replace Weber for at least 2-3 games to see what he can do. He's been intriguing to me since he was signed, had very good possession numbers in Carolina, decent size, good skater and a puck-mover.

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014
hmm, Weber on forward (done that before) and Biega take his spot?
Glad Biega finally making the league. He brought nothing but positive effect in Utica giving 100% effort literally every game

Biega should not disappoint. Here in Utica there was always a good vibe when he was on the ice, both on defense and offense. he controls the puck well.

Hope he can play up there and not do the press box deal.

Nobody worked harder on the ice or in the community here for the Comets. I believe I speak for all Utica fans wishing Alex the very best.

Canuck fans give him a chance, you will be impressed.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Biega should not disappoint. Here in Utica there was always a good vibe when he was on the ice, both on defense and offense. he controls the puck well.

Hope he can play up there and not do the press box deal.

Nobody worked harder on the ice or in the community here for the Comets. I believe I speak for all Utica fans wishing Alex the very best.

Canuck fans give him a chance, you will be impressed.

Cool. Thanks for this. I'm looking forward to getting a look.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
What about Kass? I thought I heard yesterday he was close, if Dorsett can't. Or Mathias.

Ignore my earlier post, Dorsett took a personal day and will play tomorrow. Matthias is playing too.

I believe Benning said Kassian was still a couple of weeks away.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Voted the Comets best D-man last season. Mr. Dependable. Very good in his own end takes the body even though he is smaller. Not a big hitter, but takes the man out by getting into his body. Passes crisp and accurate. Moves the puck when the opportunity arises without hesitation. Joins the rush and will shoot when it's there.

His Achilles heel to this point, as far as the NHL is concerned, has been his size. He's only 5'10", 178lbs. Thus he is 26 years old and has never been given a shot. Comets fan base hopes it's no more of a problem there than it has been here.

Benning watched last night and at the postgame press conference stated he was impressed with Biega. This move shows he wasn't just blowing smoke.

Hate to see him go, but no one deserves it more on this entire team considering the work he's put in and the workload he's carried, especially in the last 4 weeks with all the injuries to the D. Yeah a big time "paycheque" would be good to receive, but sitting in the pressbox is no reward for the years he's worked for this moment. Play him and if he produces, you have a dependable call-up. If he fails, at least you found out.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Maybe a long shot, but it would be pretty cool if this guy proved serviceable despite his size and went on to have a Mike Weaver-ish career

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Biega earned this call-up with his solid play last year and this year. He should be ahead of Corrado on the depth chart anyways (along with a few others, if no one was hurt, i would probably put Corrado 5th in Utica's depth chart right now).

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Going to the game Saturday.

Really hoping he plays and scores.

"1,2,3,4,5..."

:laugh::laugh:

Capture.JPG

That has to be his goal song if he ever gets the chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad