Confirmed with Link: Canucks Re-sign Justin Bailey (1 year - 2 way contract)

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Delete - is posted above as well (I won by a minute says HF's time, but whose counting?)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
F*CK YEAH!

Really hope he's recovered, stays healthy, and gets another chance. I truly believe he could be a very good bottom-6 winger and get two solid years out of him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Nice! Give him the full Wolverine treatment, metal bones and super human healing. I want to see what Bailey can do long haul!

Reactions: Lindgren

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Had good run with Canucks last year till he got crunched by Lucic. Possible option for the 4th line and might be as good as someone like MacEwen. (actually better in Utica). Skating wise could be a star but IQ has never been shown to be there.

Reactions: mathonwy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I really like Bailey's game....glad the Canucks re-upped him. Too bad he lost most of the season when he was cheap-shotted by Lucic.

I think he has NHL wheels, it's just whether he has the toolbox to go with it. But proved he can score in the minors.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Nice, I like this signing. Bailey is a great depth forward who will tear it up in Abbotsford. Hopefully oneday we will see him on the 3rd or 4th line on the big club. Bailey is a good player who gives it his all, I just hope he can stay healthy.

Reactions: JimmyJiveJones

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
So, has Bailey become an NHLer? Can he be called an average penalty killer at this level? Can he be a consistent fourth liner, a guy who can survive defensive zone start after defensive zone start and use his speed to finish shifts at the other end?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
So, has Bailey become an NHLer? Can he be called an average penalty killer at this level? Can he be a consistent fourth liner, a guy who can survive defensive zone start after defensive zone start and use his speed to finish shifts at the other end?

Small sample size but no he sucks. He looked way better last year. The guy is 6'4" but plays softer than Chiasson. Only time he does anything on the PK is when he's chasing down a loose puck that is right ahead of him.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I think he has been good. He drew 2 penalties and has been one of the better pk forwards. I may be bias as he signed kid's jersey and gave him puck pregame. I see a big guy who skates well while being engaged in the play.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
For now hes's okay. I'd like to see if we can get a 4th line with some good puck skills. Although I like Bailey much more than say Beagle/Roussel, we need to 1-2 4th liners that jump into the top 9. Bailey can stay, but he needs better linemates to generate offense.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
OK, so let me get this straight: one says he Sucks, one says he is Good, and one says he is OK. We have a consensus then :)

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
For now hes's okay. I'd like to see if we can get a 4th line with some good puck skills. Although I like Bailey much more than say Beagle/Roussel, we need to 1-2 4th liners that jump into the top 9. Bailey can stay, but he needs better linemates to generate offense.

Roussel pre-knee injury was a much better player than Bailey. Not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad