Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign Ds Frankie Corrado, Adam Clendenning to 1-Year Deals

msew27

Jul 17, 2012
Renaud Lavoie
‏@renlavoietva
#canucks sign Adam Clendening 15-16 $760 000 (2 way)

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Think they attempt to pass clendening through? He wasn't great in the ahl. Could see them cutting him right before set rosters.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If they plan to keep 8 dmen I don't see Clendening or Corrado hitting the waiver wire.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
If they plan to keep 8 dmen I don't see Clendening or Corrado hitting the waiver wire.

When the 5 spots behind Edler Tanev Hamhuis are wide open, I think we'll see a lot of different defenceman in the lineup each night.
I'm excited to see a bit more of Corrado, if Clendenning took some power skating or at least worked on his pivoting this summer I'll have hopes he just sticks with the Canucks full time. Interesting concept to have 4 LH and 4RH defence signed.

Depth IMHO rolls out to
Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Corrado
Sbisa Weber
Bartkowski Clendenning

Edler Weber PP1 Hamhuis Corrado/Clendenning PP2
Edler Tanev PK1 Hamhuis Sbisa PK2 as the main components of the defence core.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think that we're finally starting our rebuild and thus will end up keeping Corrado and Clendening up with the team. Hamhuis is probably gone at the deadline along side Vrbata so we might as well get the kids some NHL experience along side these vets while we can.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
I am having a mind blank, if a player signs a 2 way contract, does he still have to pass waivers, or does the 2 way mean he can be up and down with out passing.....

I thought i knew the answer and am having second thoughts on what i thought was right lol

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I am having a mind blank, if a player signs a 2 way contract, does he still have to pass waivers, or does the 2 way mean he can be up and down with out passing.....

I thought i knew the answer and am having second thoughts on what i thought was right lol

2 way simply means different salary in the AHL. Nothing to do with waivers.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015

okay thats what i thought, i read on another forum a person trying to say 2 way means they are waiver excempt and it started making me think other wise lol

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

Waivers depends on Games played or years served as a pro. 2way just means if he gets sent down to Utica he'll make a considerably less salary.
EA NHL series has really made it confusing, when most of the rest of the game is quite on par with the NHL. Though it's handy for building solid NHL and AHL teams in Be a GM mode.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
When the 5 spots behind Edler Tanev Hamhuis are wide open, I think we'll see a lot of different defenceman in the lineup each night.
I'm excited to see a bit more of Corrado, if Clendenning took some power skating or at least worked on his pivoting this summer I'll have hopes he just sticks with the Canucks full time. Interesting concept to have 4 LH and 4RH defence signed.

Depth IMHO rolls out to
Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Corrado
Sbisa Weber
Bartkowski Clendenning

Edler Weber PP1 Hamhuis Corrado/Clendenning PP2
Edler Tanev PK1 Hamhuis Sbisa PK2 as the main components of the defence core.

I'd personally rather see:
Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Corrado

as regular pairings. I don't even want to give credence to the whole "pair the rookie with the disaster lol" argument, so I'm not discussing it further. But I think this gives us our two solid pairings we saw the better half of the season last year, as well as shoring up Sbisa with a hockey player that is similar to what we saw Tanev is in his first couple seasons here (2010-11 and 2011-12). A guy who simply does that little things right (chipping it off the glass, making a crisp first pass, jumping up in the play when the winger moves up, and doesn't get caught out of position too often).

I think that way the pairings are utilized to the fullest in an economy of error-free hockey. At least as balanced as you can get til the inevitable injury waves hit.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
I'd be shocked if clendening was claimed.

Clendening would be claimed. He is a young dman who has produced very well at AHL level. Former 2nd rnd pick. If you believe a team wouldn't gladly pick him up then you don't follow Canucks prospects very closely.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

2 ways exempt players from waivers when promoting/demoting them to the A/NHLs, unless I'm terribly mistaken. It is usual that fringe NHLers, or young players who have not yet made enough of an impression on management sign these deals for the purpose that was aforementioned in this post.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Clendening would be claimed. He is a young dman who has produced very well at AHL level. Former 2nd rnd pick. If you believe a team wouldn't gladly pick him up then you don't follow Canucks prospects very closely.

That pedigree tho.

Say, UBC? I got straight A's in grade 9, can I be excepted into the Sauder School of Business?

It was at this moment Reverend Mayhem realized he was the student equivalent of Cam Barker.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
2 ways exempt players from waivers when promoting/demoting them to the A/NHLs, unless I'm terribly mistaken. It is usual that fringe NHLers, or young players who have not yet made enough of an impression on management sign these deals for the purpose that was aforementioned in this post.

2-way contracts has nothing to with waivers.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver

That's what it does in EA NHL, but not real life.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
That pedigree tho.

Say, UBC? I got straight A's in grade 9, can I be excepted into the Sauder School of Business?

It was at this moment Reverend Mayhem realized he was the student equivalent of Cam Barker.

Come on, he is 22 years old and a defenseman to boot. That is a position that takes a notoriously long time to master. He has potential and has been signed for that.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

if he gets claimed, Benning better hope Forsling becomes nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad