Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign D Yannick Weber to 1-Year, $850K Deal

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008
Why does everyone want to get rid of Richardson for nothing? I don't get it. Our best face off guy and can chip in 10+ goals.

He is a great bottom 6 player and looked ok not good when he played in top 6 last year.

I would take him over Hansen.

putridgasbag

Grand Poohba
Oct 18, 2006
Comox Valley
You're putting a lot of stock in 40 games.

No kidding. I really do not get the over the top love of Santorelli. I liked him but I do not think that he was a long term or short term solution to anything. He had a decent run for a while but that is it. His last 12 games as a Canuck were more like his previous season with the Panthers and Jets. As other teams became aware of him his production plummeted.

Ventana*

He is a great bottom 6 player and looked ok not good when he played in top 6 last year.

I would take him over Hansen.

Yeah, a bottom 6 player shouldn't be playing in the top 6 in the first place. That's the Canucks' fault for a lack of depth.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
No kidding. I really do not get the over the top love of Santorelli. I liked him but I do not think that he was a long term or short term solution to anything. He had a decent run for a while but that is it. His last 12 games as a Canuck were more like his previous season with the Panthers and Jets. As other teams became aware of him his production plummeted.

Considering how the rest of the team played - I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that (eg., Lack looked pretty bad as well).

Yeah, a bottom 6 player shouldn't be playing in the top 6 in the first place. That's the Canucks' fault for a lack of depth.
Injuries hurt; but Benning solved that problem by dealing the guy on the blueline that missed the fewest games in the past two seasons.:sarcasm:

Desai87

Mar 27, 2008

I liked the guy too but people on here are acting like we let Crosby walk.

Relax people. If he puts up 50 points on Leafs again or if players like Mathias, Vey, Bonino, Richardson are doing worse then him then cry about it not now.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
The last 21 posts or so have nothing to do with Weber :huh:

I think Weber is about as good of a 7th defencemen as you can get under a system the WD will be using.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Very happy they resigned weber. Very serviceable dman with some upside. With this, the canucks are looking as mobile as they ever have in the back end

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Good #7 guy. Though with our lack of right side guys, he could turn out to be our #6 guy.

Stanton and Sbisa fight it out for that left side spot, and Corrado goes back to the AHL.

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
I like Weber for a guy who can spot swap and fill in for forward once in a blue moon its a good deal. Id rather have a good skating 7th d-man than a slug like murray(doug).

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Good for you, guy who I thought was Bo Horvat.

0.jpg

He's still young, too - late 1988 birthday.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Good signing, but not sure why peeps are saying "good #7" as he's almost certainly going to be top 6. Heck if Tanev gets paired with Hamhuis again, Weber could end up being Edler's right hand man.

Whats preferred:

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Weber

Or

Hamhuis-Tanev
Edler-Weber
Stanton-Bieksa

MikeGillisslashAVfan*

also has a really underrated shot IMO

he earned a spot on our team

on topic tho , i like this signing , weber is good depth and not even that , great powerplay type guy

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Good deal.
I liked the guy too but people on here are acting like we let Crosby walk.

Relax people. If he puts up 50 points on Leafs again or if players like Mathias, Vey, Bonino, Richardson are doing worse then him then cry about it not now.
This seems like a pretty silly/arbitrary expectation to make, IMO.

It looks like a bad move on our part that doesn't make much sense. Why shouldn't people disapprove and how is it any different than reacting to anything else

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
A bit higher than expected (realistically was thinking closer to 600k) but all things considered, still a great signing. The extra 250k isn't a big deal given our cap situation and Weber fills out the #7 role very well.

I wonder if Weber could clear waivers this year if Corrado somehow wins the #7 dman job or if we'll just carry 8 dmans (assuming we don't sign anyone else beside resigning Tanev). Also wonder if we'll carry 5 RHS dmans.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Weber did enough last year to deserve the contract. Actually deserved more time on the PP.

Wonder if he could team with Sbisa to form a Swiss duo. Maybe some National team experience together.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Don't forget all the injuries we're going to get, guys!

Nice if Yannick can chip in a few more PP goals.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Weber did enough last year to deserve the contract. Actually deserved more time on the PP.

Wonder if he could team with Sbisa to form a Swiss duo. Maybe some National team experience together.

I never even thought about that.. Interesting it might work as Sbisa is the defensive hard hitting D-man and Weber is a phenomenal puck carrier

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00