Confirmed with Link: Canucks re-sign D Yannick Weber to 1-Year, $850K Deal

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm thinking 1-year, $850k.

I liked Weber last year; solid depth defenseman who ended up getting a decent amount of ice-time. Thought he was one of the few who was playing like he gave a damn down the stretch, which I liked.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He's a very solid 7th defenceman. I thought he played very well last season when he had to step in for injuries. I think 850k-950k is what he'll get for 1 year.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Can never have too many defencemen who can step in. As we've learned in the past. Weber can also play on the PP and will push the young guys to compete for a job.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I'm thinking 1-year, $850k.

I liked Weber last year; solid depth defenseman who ended up getting a decent amount of ice-time. Thought he was one of the few who was playing like he gave a damn down the stretch, which I liked.

Nice call

He's a really good choice for a #7 defenseman who has a great shot for the PP. Would like to see him slotted on the PP more when he's in the lineup

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Surprised Weber got a raise over his QO.

Assuming Vey signs his QO and makes the team, and Markstrom is sent down to Utica, that leaves $4.9M in cap space to add a forward and a defenseman. Tanev is the defenseman, and assuming the forward is Horvat, that leaves $4.1M in cap space to re-sign Tanev and keep any flexibility in the roster going forward.

Could get tight.

Last edited:

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Really happy with this signing, I wanted them to bring back Weber. Looked good on the PP and actually made quite a serviceable forward when called upon.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Weber and Corrado will compete for the third pairing RD spot, behind Bieksa and Tanev.
Good price, one-year, nice work by Benning so far on the RFA's.
Tanev will be challenging, but I'm sure it will get done.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Surprised Weber got a raise over his QO.

Assuming Vey signs his QO and makes the team, and Markstrom is sent down to Utica, that leaves $4.9M in cap space to fill two add a forward and a defenseman. Tanev is the defenseman, and assuming the forward is Horvat, that leaves $4.1M in cap space to re-sign Tanev and keep any flexibility in the roster going forward.

Could get tight.

Not sure we need to add a forward now.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Vey-Hansen
Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett
Sestito

If Horvat actually makes the team, I think you'll see a forward moved out.

Edit: none of this is a comment on the quality of that line-up, just addressing number of forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00