Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Talbot wasn't to blame, per se, because the defense was awful, but we can't give up 5 goals a night and win games, no matter who's in net.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Guys we should trade Hank. Talbots better and with the money we save we could buy a true 1C

He was below .900 again. xD

.857 sv% tonight is dreadful. That's like MAF on his worst day vs. the Flyers in the playoffs bad.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Holy overreactions. They've gotten a nice amount of points with the backup in instead of an all time elite goalie. Tonight they got 1 instead of 2 due to sloppy d. It's going to happen.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I really don't think we'll see Skapski tomorrow...Hank is going to be back soon enough and Talbot gives the team the best chance to win. They are playing the Sabres tomorrow. They need to get 2 points.

Kid needs a game off. He does. It's a lot to ask of a goalie who's never done it in this league. Do we need 2 points against the Sabres? For sure. Should we be able to get them tomorrow with Skapski in net? For sure.

Would rather have Cam rested for Columbus on Sunday. That game will be a battle.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
How about improve the defense.

You know what would improve the defense?

Our three highest paid defensemen in Staal, Girardi, and McDonagh playing like they have in the past and getting their heads out of the *****. Best part is it's free and we don't have to trade our franchise player.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This team just can't handle prosperity. Unless they're blowing you out in the ****ing 3rd quarter they give up the tying goal. But this wasn't happening with Lundqvist. This has happened to Talbot already 3 times in this short span. They were lucky they were able to put up 5. Seriously, we NEED to put up 5 for this scrub to win. The guy is a joke.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Van allowed 4 goals too. But Rangers need to play better D no matter who is in net.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Holy overreactions. They've gotten a nice amount of points with the backup in instead of an all time elite goalie. Tonight they got 1 instead of 2 due to sloppy d. It's going to happen.

We're back to giving up minimum 3 goals. 6 games in a row in fact. That's not ok.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
But Talbot is so goooooooooooood! I love the way he allows 5+ goals a game!

****ing sieve.. The Rangers would be on an 8 game losing streak if our offense wasn't saving his ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Seriously, where was Nash in overtime? AV sends out Brassard-Zucc and Stepan-Kreider??

That's right, you dumbass. Don't give the 2nd leading goal scorer in the NHL icetime in OT.

Not the first time this has happened.

He's also the same guy who keeps playing Glass every night instead of someone who can actually do something, like Miller, or anyone besides Glass

But I agree, Nash should have been out there

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
You know what would improve the defense?

Our three highest paid defensemen in Staal, Girardi, and McDonagh playing like they have in the past and getting their heads out of the *****. Best part is it's free and we don't have to trade our franchise player.

I'm not sure Girardi is capable of being better than this. This is exactly how he always plays. McDonagh makes him look a lot better than he is.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Nerves are getting the best of Cam. This is not his skill level.

Nothing to do with skill, nerves? Yes... a bit. He's at home with the pressure of 18,200 people and hundreds of thousands of others world wide watching him try to fill the shoes of one of the best goaltenders the NHL has ever seen.

The magnifying glass is on him, and he feels it. It's not easy.

However, zero goals were his fault tonight.

Too many people forget the big saves he made to keep the game from getting out of hand. The 4th goal was killer, and they can't let that happen.

It did, and its done. They got a point, and everyone needs to get the **** over it and move on to tomorrow.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Talbot thought he was a starting goalie :laugh:

Great backup when his games are limited and he is sheltered...starting goalie? LOL

What is he like 0-5 in the shoout with a 20% save percentage?

edit - just read above...why do people feel the need to defend him every game? Wow he made some big saves, every goalie does, but then he gives up **** ass rebounds that the other team can easily score on that separates the good goalies, to the below average ones. His save % is below .900 since Hank got injured, stop defending him, he has NOT been good for us aside from 2 games since hank got injured.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He was below .900 again. xD

.857 sv% tonight is dreadful. That's like MAF on his worst day vs. the Flyers in the playoffs bad.

Nevisis is gonna say it doesn't matter he played well. Stats don't tell the story. Then he's gonna try to tell me how .857 is good and almost close to my requested .900

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We were gonna lose games with Hank out. We all knew that. If one were to hand pick the most convenient games to lose while Cam is starting, this would be one of them. AND we got a point out of it. No tears over here.

But man, Talbot is a joke in the shootout. Has he ever made a save? I feel like his SV% in the shootout is .000. I'm not even joking.

I was shocked when he made a save on a penalty shot against Phoenix.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm not going to blame Talbot for the loss. Lots of breakdowns.

He's just not an NHL starting goalie.

He's a backup and he's playing like one.

Is Ryan Miller a starting goalie? Because he played worse tonight. If Talbot gave up some of the goals he did tonight, he would be TORCHED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad