Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
This board is really becoming impossible to read. Every post game write up degenerates into the goalie analysis thread every game. Can people please try a bit harder! I like reading the opinions of other Ranger fans but the first few pages of every post game thread is basically 90% of posts about the goaltending. The only thing I can hope for is the exposure to Cam can make us all appreciate Hank's game even more and then limit the goalie analysis when Hank comes back.

A couple of positives, MSL seems to be coming alive in the offense. I'm happy to see that and it is a good sign of things to come. Brassard continues to show his playmaking touch. His game is on the rise! Nash continues to capitalize on his scoring chances. I don't see him slowing down.

The Rangers are really playing good hockey. A few tweaks on defense-- I'm hoping they add another Klein like defenseman in the next couple of weeks, and the Rangers will be ready for another nice long playoff run.

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys, for those that did not see this in the thread closing message below... I try very hard not to let my frustration boil over, but I am getting to my limit.

Not every close loss to an out-of-conference opponent after a really suspect team effort requires a thread asking if we are a Stanley Cup contender, if we need to trade key pieces, or if we are a bad hockey team. Not every game like this is proof that the Rangers have stabbed you in the back personally or that you should stop watching sports or that your dad or your uncle or your childhood neighbor was a **** for making you like this team in the first place.

In the 27+ years I have been watching the Rangers, they have lost around 1000 games. If I can't handle losing by now, I will never be able to handle losing and I might as well explore relocating to some kind of long-term facility that removes me from adult society.

Yes, this is a message board and a place for opinions and frustrations and criticisms, but the negativity here remains way too prevalent, and mods intend to continue to do something about it. Forum bans have already been issued. Do not be next.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
On a positive note, this team has shown great resilience chasing when behind, even by multiple goals. That they have done so repeatedly is awesome. Let's just hope they can show this "LA" resilience come playoff time. For the last couple of seasons, the Rangers have basically been toast being behind by as much as a single goal.

What's worrying is the non-consistency among our top D-men. Girardi and McD have had such an up and down season. Boyle is not the saviour as promised on the PP, which shouldn't come as a surprise.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Rangers were chasing the puck all night and that's never a good thing.

That being said, the team is 4-0-1 in its last 5, so hard to get all pissed off about an OT loss. Hopefully we bounce back against the Sabres tonight.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A lot of talk about Talbot back and forth, let's call a spade a spade. He has sucked since Hank went down.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I've watched the Rangers for over 40 years. There's no way that even the best team's win them all. Even the dynasty teams--whether the Canadiens, the Islanders, the Oilers all had off nights or even nights when they played well but the opposition won anyway. The Sabres beat the Canadiens in Montreal a couple weeks ago--**** happens. Should the Montreal GM have traded away half his team afterwards?

....and I hate to say it but if the Rangers were never ever to lose again it would probably get old. To see the same thing happen over and over again who knows I might even stop watching.

Here's some other news--there is going to come a day when we're a **** team again. I don't know if there are some here who can handle that.

Last night was disappointing. We did come out of the game with a point. It could have been worse. No reason to trade half the ****ing team.

This is also about the earliest we've been guaranteed (or practically guaranteed) a playoff spot since I can remember. There's a lot more good than there is bad.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
A lot of talk about Talbot back and forth, let's call a spade a spade. He has sucked since Hank went down.

More like the defense has sucked more since hank went down.

Asking your backup to play great every game is already unrealistic. Asking him to play like superman when your D makes the dumbest mistakes is just not fair.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm not sure Girardi is capable of being better than this. This is exactly how he always plays. McDonagh makes him look a lot better than he is.

No dude Girardi is a rock and really solidifies that pairing. I mean, without Girardi McDonagh wouldn't be able to play his game like he does and take control of the ice. He's definitely not an anchor weighing McDonagh down even when he is playing well. Anyone who thinks that is probably one of those nerds who doesn't even watch games. Plus he's a warrior, does this guy ever miss a game? Did I mention he's so solid? Like, I am running out of adjectives to accurately portray just how steady his game is. You need a guy like that logging 20+ minutes a night and hell you can even throw him on the powerplay. At 5.5 mil, it's a steal. How did the Rangers get so lucky to get this guy undrafted? What a find. Can we clone this guy?

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
More like the defense has sucked more since hank went down.

Asking your backup to play great every game is already unrealistic. Asking him to play like superman when your D makes the dumbest mistakes is just not fair.

I'd like my backup to reach a .900 SV% every now and then.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Schedule. You dont want to burn out Talbot. If Henrik gets hurt again after the deadline it might be too late.

Get a goalie for insurance.

If Hank gets hurt again it won't matter unless he's out for the rest of the season, and no back-up is going to save the day in that case.

Why worry about a position that will be completely fine when Henrik returns? Right now you have Tanner GLass and Dan Girardi seeing ice on a nightly basis and that's unfortunately a permanent problem that won't simply be solved by an injured player returning in the very near future.

Cam looks like **** but who cares? They found ways to win a lot of games since Lundqvist went down and soon he'll be back. There are way more pressing needs to address.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Yo Ail, where have you been dawg?

Anyway, tough loss, but the point streak is still intact. Gotta **** up them Bisons today.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The decision wasn't Boyle over Stralman, it was Girardi over Stralman. Let's not go down that road again because we've all read that argument one too many times.

That game was frustrating because they were so good in the first, and then just mailed the last 40 minutes in and allowed Vancouver to tie the game. Cam made some key saves, but he still wasn't good enough in the end, and that shootout was simply awful to watch. The real issue tonight, and for the majority of the season has been the defense. It doesn't look good when your best defensemen all night is your 3rd pairing LD. Kudos to JMoore, but the other five guys were very poor tonight, although McD did have some good looks offensively.
Idk what's happened to Girardi. The guy has been one of my favorite Rangers over the past eight years, but his play has taken a nosedive this season. I think I'm more critical of him than any other Ranger, but his positioning and gap control just hasn't been the same. He isn't aggressive with attacking forwards and gives them too much space to enter the zone. He belongs on the second pair, and they need to find a way to get a better partner for McDonagh. They've been exposed way too many times this season, but have been lucky Hank's been there to cover their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad