Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers | 1/19/16 | 4 PM SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I would go Miller next, and Markstrom the game after.

I would go:
NY - RM
Bos - JM
PIT, Nash - RM
CBJ - JM
Cgy - RM

Then reassess... (That gives Miller TWO 3-day breaks between games)

Ride the hot hand?

Normally I would agree.

But this is Miller we're talking about and IMO, a 1 day break after a 47 save effort is not enough.

5tVaswK.png

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
who here saw the canucks all access video?

cracknell a very underrated component of the mentorpede. although virtanen ordering a hot dog won't do anything to stop the weight jokes.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Yeah, I really like the addition of Cracknell.

Hope he stays with us. He's a effective depth player.

Cheap too.

He's a pretty bad possession player but that really doesn't matter too much when he makes league minimum.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, I really like the addition of Cracknell.

Hope he stays with us. He's a effective depth player.

Cheap too.

He's a pretty bad possession player but that really doesn't matter too much when he makes league minimum.

I guess that means he won't be kept around.

Pity.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
McCann said early in training camp that cracks was the veteran who had the biggest impact on helping him around.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I guess that means he won't be kept around.

Pity.

Certainly a possibility if Willie has any say. It'll likely come down to one of Vey or Cracknell getting waived once Sutter and Henrik are back.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Proust apparently blew past the media pissed off after practice. Good chance he is indeed scratched.

First - about time. Second - mentorpede!

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Certainly a possibility if Willie has any say. It'll likely come down to one of Vey or Cracknell getting waived once Sutter and Henrik are back.

It's not an "if" at this point. With all the Tigers we acquired you'd think we're running the Desjardins family business.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This game could get ugly if the 'Nucks can't improve their zone time.....'bend but not break' strategy is bound to come up snake-eyes at some point....concerned about Miller....back off injury and shelled with 40 shots in the last game...I'd have played Markstrom and let Miller play Thursday in Beantown...but biggest worry is the lines...jumbled up again with Henrik going down....wish they'd just play Virtanen with Baertschi and Horvat, and leave them together for a few games.... but no cohesion with Willie flipping the lines around in every game and individual ice-times a total crapshoot.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Proust apparently blew past the media pissed off after practice. Good chance he is indeed scratched.

Teaching the kids how to deal with a healthy scratch the right way #mentorpede #rolemodel

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Got lucky against the Isles, and Miller really stole the show.

Can't see our luck holding up tomorrow. No idea what crap WD's going to make of the lines if Hank's down, although Hank's injury could be a blessing in disguise. We all know he's been playing hurt for a while; now he has a chance to rest and heal up a bit.

And McCann playing with skilled players?! What is this madness?!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Utterly blows my mind that Grabovski got away with that hit on Henrik. Never change, NHL. What a mind-boggling display of cartoonish incompetence.

But now it's time for some other players to - hopefully - step up. The only people to have really done that over the past two games have been Markstrom and Miller. We're going to need more than that against the Rangers.

I do think Etem will hit the scoresheet here. He's been noticeable in a good way since arriving, and I think the added motivation of playing his former team will be the kicker for him. Here's hoping.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Got lucky against the Isles, and Miller really stole the show.

Can't see our luck holding up tomorrow. No idea what crap WD's going to make of the lines if Hank's down, although Hank's injury could be a blessing in disguise. We all know he's been playing hurt for a while; now he has a chance to rest and heal up a bit.

And McCann playing with skilled players?! What is this madness?!
https://twitter.com/AndrewBerkshire/status/689069808634081280/photo/1

The Rangers have less points than us since Dec 2. All thanks to the incompotent coach known as AV, and since he wouldn't use Yandle to his full potential, he is not signing with them. Great job, AV. Really nice.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Couldn't find any evidence of this on Twitter or anything but hilarious if true

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
With Henrick out how about this

Danny Mccann Vrbata
Burrows Horvat Virtanen
Etem Vey Hansen
Dorset Crackers Prust

We still lose but the Rangers are playing pretty bad too. Could be a baddle of losers maybe 3-2 Rangers are goals by Vey and Mccann

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
who here saw the canucks all access video?

cracknell a very underrated component of the mentorpede. although virtanen ordering a hot dog won't do anything to stop the weight jokes.

Haha thanks for sharing! Very nice respect for 9/11 and the heroes who lost there lives for freedom :)

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
With Henrick out how about this

Danny Mccann Vrbata
Burrows Horvat Virtanen
Etem Vey Hansen
Dorset Crackers Prust

We still lose but the Rangers are playing pretty bad too. Could be a baddle of losers maybe 3-2 Rangers are goals by Vey and Mccann

Yes, scratch Baertschi and put Burrows in his spot, excellent idea.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Prust is literally one of the worst regulars in the NHL. He wishes he could bring a physical presence by hitting, but his skating ability is no where near good enough to hit anyone at this level. Fighting is useless, and he has an extremely minimal amount of talent.

And now, after the way he's played, he's pissed about getting scratched? Gimme a break.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow we scratched Prust? Finally! Get a late pick for him if you can.

Yep, Prust played a lot games for the Rangers....probably looking forward to playing them again....but a trade not out of the realm of possibility either.....'Nucks are going to have too many bodies on the forward line when Henrik and Sutter are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad