Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers | 1/19/16 | 4 PM SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
After trades, Etem looks to get career on track with Canucks

When the Anaheim Ducks traded Emerson Etem to the New York Rangers last summer, the young man from Long Beach with the ''LB'' tattooed behind his ear embraced his new challenge.
Related Stories

But it wasn't a good fit, and Etem found himself on the move yet again.

He struggled in training camp with the Rangers and was in and out of coach Alain Vigneault's lineup. Earlier this month the Rangers traded Etem back to the Vancouver Canucks of the Western Conference for forward Nicklas Jensen and a 2017 sixth-round pick.

More: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/trades-etem-looks-career-track-canucks-182921310--nhl.html

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Wow....

McCann (19)
Horvat (20)
Cracknell (30)
Vey (24)

VS

Brassard (28)
Stepan (25)
Hayes (23)
Moore (35)

Rags got 9+5-7+11=18 years of experience on us down the middle.

Marky Mark is gonna get shelled.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Sedin-McCann-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Burrows-Cracknell-Dorsett
Etem-Vey-Virtanen

Great opportunity for McCann!

Do other people like Vey with Etem and Virtanen

I think he's useless and Cracknell or McCann would be way better served?

Just seems like he cannot sustain puck possession. Do other people see him carrying the puck and making good passes, I am not. He has like 4 seconds of open ice and then he's checked.

Not big
not fast
not anything

Put McCann with who he could realistically play with for a long time, we have time to build chemistry

Sedin Vey Burrows
Etem McCann Virtanen
Baertschi Horvat Vrbata
Dorsett Cracknell Hansen

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I don't think Henrik's absence cripples the team. They are still Sedin led and they are used to scrambling for centers. This will be just a Tuesday in Canuckville.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Do other people like Vey with Etem and Virtanen

I think he's useless and Cracknell or McCann would be way better served?

Just seems like he cannot sustain puck possession. Do other people see him carrying the puck and making good passes, I am not. He has like 4 seconds of open ice and then he's checked.

Not big
not fast
not anything

Do you actually watch any of my clips?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I don't think Henrik's absence cripples the team. They are still Sedin led and they are used to scrambling for centers. This will be just a Tuesday in Canuckville.

Hahahahahah....

Our 1C and captain goes down... and you don't think his absence cripples the team.

I really do admire your optimism.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
It's not optimism. It's an opinion based on data. What have you got to rebutt?

Hank is the heart and soul of this team.

WD said the Boston game was a "must" game and the team laid a 4-0 egg.

Hank called out the team after that game and that was the turning point of our season (so far).

Hank's been playing injured for about a month and his faceoff % has gone to crap but he's still giving it his all.

No rebuttal. Just a general comment on you saying Hank going down won't really affect the team and it'll be a regular Tuesday night. Rags have been floundering recently and 3/4s of our centers can't grow beards yet.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'll disagree on the turning point of out season. We started playing well around when Horvat got going.. a little before that 5-0 loss to the kings

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Sure bud. Whatever you say.

He touches the puck for 1 second and taps it along the boards, then dumps it to the other corner where only etem's elite speed is able to keep possession, he gets the puck back and attempts to get it to the blueline and turns it over how is this a good shift

Ok decent no look pass to Hutton, the forward is no where near he should be to intercept the pass

If that last clip is the highlight that gifts him Etem and Virtanen over McCann or Cracknell than may god have mercy on our souls

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I think we'll miss Henrik but the team will play hard and adjust. WD has good rapport with the players and they play hard for him. I say we take this game 3-2.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Hank is the heart and soul of this team.

WD said the Boston game was a "must" game and the team laid a 4-0 egg.

Hank called out the team after that game and that was the turning point of our season (so far).

Hank's been playing injured for about a month and his faceoff % has gone to crap but he's still giving it his all.

No rebuttal. Just a general comment on you saying Hank going down won't really affect the team and it'll be a regular Tuesday night. Rags have been floundering recently and 3/4s of our centers can't grow beards yet.

Well said, Hank is the engine that drives this team. Very worried about this team without Hank winning the tough matchups.

Hoping it's not like the Oilers who threw their young guns into roles they weren't ready for.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
He touches the puck for 1 second and taps it along the boards, then dumps it to the other corner where only etem's elite speed is able to keep possession, he gets the puck back and attempts to get it to the blueline and turns it over how is this a good shift

Ok decent no look pass to Hutton, the forward is no where near he should be to intercept the pass

If that last clip is the highlight that gifts him Etem and Virtanen over McCann or Cracknell than may god have mercy on our souls

That's quite generous of you to take the time to watch the clips I created.

So IMO,

Vey is currently 3rd best at driving puck possession. Hank, Horvat and then Vey. He's been making some decent offensive plays and has helped rejuvenate our 2nd PP unit.

He's still pretty weak in the D zone and until he improves that part of his game, he'll continue to be an injury call up as he's not big enough to be an effective winger.

By 13th/14th forward standards, Vey has been adequate.

IMO.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
I would go Miller next, and Markstrom the game after.

I would go:
NY - RM
Bos - JM
PIT, Nash - RM
CBJ - JM
Cgy - RM

Then reassess... (That gives Miller TWO 3-day breaks between games)

I don't know what else Marky has to do to win the #1 spot. Miller wasn't capable last year and he isn't this year either. Playoff hopes ride on Marky's ability to handle the load.

50/32 split from now on in favour of Marky is how I wish Willie would roll.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
That's quite generous of you to take the time to watch the clips I created.

So IMO,

Vey is currently 3rd best at driving puck possession. Hank, Horvat and then Vey. He's been making some decent offensive plays and has helped rejuvenate our 2nd PP unit.

He's still pretty weak in the D zone and until he improves that part of his game, he'll continue to be an injury call up as he's not big enough to be an effective winger.

By 13th/14th forward standards, Vey has been adequate.

IMO.

That's the way I see it as well. The 2nd unit pp looks more effective with him on it.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don't know what else Marky has to do to win the #1 spot. Miller wasn't capable last year and he isn't this year either. Playoff hopes ride on Marky's ability to handle the load.

50/32 split from now on in favour of Marky is how I wish Willie would roll.

As long as Miller flashes the skill he flashed last game, they'll be riding with Miller this season...

Markstrom has earned more starts tho.... If he's the real deal (which i think he is), he should continue to put up numbers with a once a week start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad