Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers | 1/19/16 | 4 PM SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Prust is literally one of the worst regulars in the NHL. He wishes he could bring a physical presence by hitting, but his skating ability is no where near good enough to hit anyone at this level. Fighting is useless, and he has an extremely minimal amount of talent.

And now, after the way he's played, he's pissed about getting scratched? Gimme a break.

Bear in mind, the version we got of Prust is probably a shadow of his former self (not surprising given his style he needs to play to be effective has taken a large toll on his body - no wonder the Habs were willing to go for a mystery box with issues in exchange for Prust).

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I'll disagree on the turning point of out season. We started playing well around when Horvat got going.. a little before that 5-0 loss to the kings

The reason why I said turning point is because subjectively, I felt that the vets actually started becoming engaged after that game.

I felt that that the team had completely tuned WD out versus Boston and then Hank saying what he said and the team having arguably their best effort this season versus Buffalo really showed where the heart of this team lie.

I have a good feeling about Horvat but Hank is still the man.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This will be a disaster. Also said that for the Detroit game though.

I think it's fair to say the BoBae combo has caught everyone off guards.

Is the BoBae thing a real thing? I sure as hell hope so.

And I have zero problems giving Benning credit for that. If BoBae is real, then I'm going to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Noting that when Henrik is out, it's McCann that gets moved up the lineup, not Vey. So much for favouritism.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I would go Miller next, and Markstrom the game after.

I would go:
NY - RM
Bos - JM
PIT, Nash - RM
CBJ - JM
Cgy - RM

Then reassess... (That gives Miller TWO 3-day breaks between games)

Markstrom should be getting the majority of starts at this point. No reason for Miller to play any more than once a week at max.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Will be watching McIlrath closely this game. I think he's definitely a Benning target. Very curious what happens to him (in AV's doghouse).

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Prust is literally one of the worst regulars in the NHL. He wishes he could bring a physical presence by hitting, but his skating ability is no where near good enough to hit anyone at this level. Fighting is useless, and he has an extremely minimal amount of talent.

And now, after the way he's played, he's pissed about getting scratched? Gimme a break.

read on twitter that he wants OUT? maybe his gf wants him back home or something. hes utterly useless on a night in night out basis. cant skate fast enough to get on the forechecks. fights are even worth watching. its a bear hugging tussle each time. oh why did benning trade for him.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I do not want anything to do with McIlrath

He's being propped up just like AV propped up Hodgson.

He's still destroying those easy minutes though, he's a gigantic upgrade on pretty much our entire bottom 4. If you could swing the right deal for him (something around a struggling prospect) Id easily do it.

Edler / Tanev
Hamhuis / McIlrath
Hutton / Biega

actually looks half decent.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
He's still destroying those easy minutes though, he's a gigantic upgrade on pretty much our entire bottom 4. If you could swing the right deal for him (something around a struggling prospect) Id easily do it.

Edler / Tanev
Hamhuis / McIlrath
Hutton / Biega

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1877&withagainst=true&season=2015-16&sit=5v5

Just for reference.

----------------

I mean if we can get a deal for him that includes like Kenins or Grenier I'd do it but no throw in picks.

He seems like the type of player that comes in and becomes a huge disappointment.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I do not want anything to do with McIlrath

He's being propped up just like AV propped up Hodgson.

Edler / Tanev
Hamhuis / McIlrath
Hutton / Biega

Don't know what to make of him yet. Mixed reviews on his game to game performance. That said, I interpret his underlying metrics as having a positive effect when facing a poor QoC... So maybe that's a middling effect when facing mediocre competition? Can't say until he gets a bump.

Without question, a struggling/mediocre prospect is a price a GM should easily pay.

Last edited:

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I would take McIlrath over Weber, Sbisa and Bart every day. Would be a nice fit next to Hammer or Hutton. However, Rangers would be stupid to move him.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
They put so much into McIlrath. I think they'd rather live or die by him at this point, unless they can really get something tangible for him.

Don't think they'd look to dump him for cheap.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
read on twitter that he wants OUT? maybe his gf wants him back home or something. hes utterly useless on a night in night out basis. cant skate fast enough to get on the forechecks. fights are even worth watching. its a bear hugging tussle each time. oh why did benning trade for him.

1261069.jpg

Prust: the new face of darkness.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Bear in mind, the version we got of Prust is probably a shadow of his former self (not surprising given his style he needs to play to be effective has taken a large toll on his body - no wonder the Habs were willing to go for a mystery box with issues in exchange for Prust).

Loved Prusty and Dorsett as Rangers. Not particularly fond of either today. Decline is natural for these types of players, especially now when the game is faster etc.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Couldn't find any evidence of this on Twitter or anything but hilarious if true

It was mentioned on 1040 as I was driving to my pick up game last night (so about 4ish Pacific I think about 6ish here. Every once in a while I punish myself by listening to some 1040). Media were granted an interview with him but he just went by the print and TV media obviously upset from what they said. Fits with him swapping in and out with Virtanen during practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad