Waived: Canucks place F Sven Baertschi on waivers (Dec 15)

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I agree with all of that. Now back to Sven. He's going to be a 30 goal scorer in 2 years. I'd bet my car on it. And Rev knows how much I like that car.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I agree with all of that. Now back to Sven. He's going to be a 30 goal scorer in 2 years. I'd bet my car on it. And Rev knows how much I like that car.

He'll have to definitely make some strides this year but I do hope he takes the next step and solidifies himself as a top 6 winger.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

I keep getting snaps of it. Don't lose it. Seriously, I'll drive to Maple Ridge and smack sense back into you of you do :laugh:.

I can see Sven being a 20-goal scorer next year. I honestly saw a lot of young Demitra in him last year. Defensively sound and good with the puck in the O zone and a legit PP threat. 30 is not out of the question for him, it's about how much he wants it.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I keep getting snaps of it. Don't lose it. Seriously, I'll drive to Maple Ridge and smack sense back into you of you do :laugh:.

I can see Sven being a 20-goal scorer next year. I honestly saw a lot of young Demitra in him last year. Defensively sound and good with the puck in the O zone and a legit PP threat. 30 is not out of the question for him, it's about how much he wants it.

Well he hit 15 last year. Somewhere in 18-22 and 30 the year after sounds like a steady progressive growth overall. The lack of heart/confidence seemed to stay behind in Calgary for the most part. I mean, a 15 goal year for a guy his age seems like right where it should be for a Demitra type player. I think you're bang on with that comparison.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Funny how if you let things play out, players eventually usually wind up right around their career levels of production. He was a a 35 point/82 game player with Calgary, and now a 31 point/82 game player in Vancouver.

I think he will pick things up a bit and go on a bit of a streak at some point, but he's looking like another failed Benning reclamation project.

If we'd just kept our draft picks/prospects instead of going after Vey/Baertschi/Pedan/Etem/Granlund/Clendening we would at least have some players of interest in Utica right now.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Funny how if you let things play out, players eventually usually wind up right around their career levels of production. He was a a 35 point/82 game player with Calgary, and now a 31 point/82 game player in Vancouver.

I think he will pick things up a bit and go on a bit of a streak at some point, but he's looking like another failed Benning reclamation project.

If we'd just kept our draft picks/prospects instead of going after Vey/Baertschi/Pedan/Etem/Granlund we would at least have some players of interest in Utica right now.

agreed 100%

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Well he hit 15 last year. Somewhere in 18-22 and 30 the year after sounds like a steady progressive growth overall. The lack of heart/confidence seemed to stay behind in Calgary for the most part. I mean, a 15 goal year for a guy his age seems like right where it should be for a Demitra type player. I think you're bang on with that comparison.

Yeah no. Marginal NHL player. Wasted pick.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
the guy is getting a scoring chance or 2 pretty much every game.. also doesnt help the horvat always seems to be hemmed in ther own zone

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Scoring winger who doesn't score. About as useless right now as our power forward (Jake) who doesn't hit.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
One of the more useless players, despite all the scoring chances. It's cool and all he's getting chances but if he's not producing in the role he is in and expected to be in, he's useless.

Need production...

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
Yeah no. Marginal NHL player. Wasted pick.

The trade is not a wasted pick. Sven is in the lineup and last year showed that he could develop into a 20 - 30 goal scorer. The vast majority of second round picks never play in the NHL ever. It was a good trade.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Defended him like crazy but wow trash this year

I dont know whats going on in his head, he looked like he had taken huge steps this offseason with his preseason play but has fallen off of a cliff. I guess not potting one early has really beat up his confidence

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
One of the more useless players, despite all the scoring chances. It's cool and all he's getting chances but if he's not producing in the role he is in and expected to be in, he's useless.

Need production...

Atleast hes capable of getting scoring chances.. unlike the majority of this team

you have to think sooner or later ones going to go in and its not like hes gettting paid 6m or anything..

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Atleast hes capable of getting scoring chances.. unlike the majority of this team

you have to think sooner or later ones going to go in and its not like hes gettting paid 6m or anything..

I agree. But if I got a dollar for everytime I heard "Bad luck", "sooner or later"....when is that sooner happening?

This whole team does suck though, to be fair.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I agree. But if I got a dollar for everytime I heard "Bad luck", "sooner or later"....when is that sooner happening?

This whole team does suck though, to be fair.

if hes suffering what appears to be bad luck, making a decision on that is extremely bad thinking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad