Canucks & Oilers trade proposal

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Edmonton traded T. Hall to get a second pairing d in Adam Larsson
Edmonton traded Barzal and Beauvilier for Rienhart
Calgary traded the 12 overall pick, 43 overall pick, and a third round pick to get Hamonic
Here it's a 10 overall pick, Pullijarvi(who can be replaced by Yammamoto, Aberg, Rattie) for Tanev and Granlund(scored 19 in 69 last year)
Lol Brutal.
You know a trade is bad when the OP tries to support their trade with "but Hall for Larsson!" LMAO

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Calgary traded the 12 overall pick, 43 overall pick, and a third round pick to get Hamonic
Here it's a 10 overall pick, Pullijarvi(who can be replaced by Yammamoto, Aberg, Rattie) for Tanev and Granlund(scored 19 in 69 last year)

i cant comment on the op because its too brutal

but this post begs me to ask... are you saying pullijarvi, yammato, aberg, and rattie are equal?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Lol Brutal.
You know a trade is bad when the OP tries to support their trade with "but Hall for Larsson!" LMAO

its the same agument as... you could buy apple stock for X dollars 20 years ago

sure... if you cherry pick examples from the past you might find examples where some player was over valued or undervalued... some case where things didnt go as planned after the trade

but no team enters a trade saying we are really going to get screwed here... but its ok because we also got really screwed then as well

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Wow this is BRUTAL for the Oilers. Jesus man, you really think this is fair.
10th OA>>>>>Tanev
We already have a defensive d thats better than Tanev and can actually stay healthy a full season. Youll get a late first for Tanev from like the leafs, take it and be happy. The prospect taken at 10th will have way more value than Tanev, will play 82 games a year, and will be better than Tanev.
Pulju>>>>>Granlund
He just turned 20 and was on pace for 25 points pro-rated to 82 games. He has finally learned some proper English and seems to be changing up his training and stick size. He's a hungry guy more motivated than ever to get better this summer. If he actually sees pp time and proper usage, expect 20 goals. Granlund isnt going anywhere away from the 4th line in his career.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No deal.

Only pieces that interest me from Vancouver are Horvat Boeser and Petterson.

So McDavid is up for grabs?

Because as one sided as the OP is, it would have to be McDavid if we're moving any number of those players.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
So McDavid is up for grabs?

Because as one sided as the OP is, it would have to be McDavid if we're moving any number of those players.
What di you think?

Draisaitl > all of them (Boeser and Petterson have the potential to become better one day)

SO not just McDavid

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What di you think?

Draisaitl > all of them (Boeser and Petterson have the potential to become better one day)

SO not just McDavid

Boeser has a .88 ppg average in his first year, and Draisaitl was .24 his first year and .74 on his career. We have a center in Horvat, and if we're looking into the future, Pettersson, both of our future potentially better guys are on ELCs, and Horvat is our defensive rock.

They're all young, but one player is already outscoring Drai's pace, you said one has the potential to do better, and none of our guys are making 8.5 per season.

Draisaitl is not > all of them. Horvat, stats wise, is not as good Draisaitl. But not taking second tier defensive match ups would probably hurt Drai in Vancouver, as we have literally no other centers if Horvat we the other way.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Boeser has a .88 ppg average in his first year, and Draisaitl was .24 his first year and .74 on his career. We have a center in Horvat, and if we're looking into the future, Pettersson, both of our future potentially better guys are on ELCs, and Horvat is our defensive rock.

They're all young, but one player is already outscoring Drai's pace, you said one has the potential to do better, and none of our guys are making 8.5 per season.

Draisaitl is not > all of them. Horvat, stats wise, is not as good Draisaitl. But not taking second tier defensive match ups would probably hurt Drai in Vancouver, as we have literally no other centers if Horvat we the other way.

Ignoring Draisaitls rookie season which he was not ready for from day one (Like Horvat and Boeser) his career ppg is 0.85. That is over 3 seasons or 232 games, and more indicative.
While Horvat is superior defensively, Draisaitl can hold his own and will put up 20-30 more points than him.
Boeser is impressive of course, I am personally a huge fan of his, but he has to prove he can maintain this scoring. Yakupov was a great rookie, as was Sam Gagner (just saying). If he can put up the same near ppg numbers I could see an argument for him being better then Draisaitl. As of right now I think its safe to day Leon is the better player.
Petterson is an exciting prospect for sure, hopefully he pans out for you guys.
In regards to the 8.5 million... Boeser will be there soon and if Petterson pans out he will too. Just a matter of each players career timeline.

As of right now I would think
Draisaitl > Boeser >= Petterson > Horvat

All very close
I know a bunch of Nucks fans have Petterson over Boeser but lets wait until he produces at the NHL first.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I'll keep it brief.
- Edmonton needs a top 4 RHD
- They are willing to give up their first round pick
- Pullijarvi has fallen out of favour with Chiarelli at times
- Tanev is one of the best defensive defense men in the league
- Edmonton needs a top 9 winger
- Vancouver needs draft picks
To Edm
- C. Tanev (#1 RHD)
- M. Granlund( Potential young 15 goal scoring winger/center
To Van
- J. Pullijarvi
- 2018 10 overall pick

Thoughts?

This should go in the 'Trade Proposals' section.

I think it would be better served being deleted.

Last year, Granlund and Tanev scored a whopping 23 points... combined.

Tanev... above average defensively, below average offensively, injury prone, 2 years to UFA status.

Granlund... he's barely a 4th liner on a playoff team.

I don't think I would trade 10OA for those two... adding Puljujarvi is laughable.

Last edited:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I'll keep it brief.
To Edm
- C. Tanev (#1 RHD)
To Van
- J. Pullijarvi
- 2018 10 overall pick

Thoughts?

Can’t think of a single reason Edmonton would do this. That’s a gross over payment.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I still easily take Tanev over Larsson easily when healthy, hell, Tanev is a first pairing defenseman when healthy, he’s just never healthy.....

Easy pass for Edmonton, drop Pulju and add a smaller prospect of you’re willing to risk it for Tanev, although they have Larsson and he’s not a fit.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Can't speak for Calgary, but Edmonton made those trades for a D out of absolute desperation. Larsson has worked out (for us) despite the huge value going the other way.
It was a hockey trade based on NEED
Tanev is a great player, but we have Larsson
Our NEED is an offensive RD or a true #1D (either hand, we'll cope). Tanev is neither
Pulju and 10th are our absolute BEST available assets. We don't trade them without addressing the primary NEED
Granlund does nothing for us... we'd certainly rather keep Pulju

Simplify to Tanev for 10th and we each keep our wingers? You probably don't go for that and we probably don't until it was a last resort... back to the NEED for an offensive presence on D.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Can't speak for Calgary, but Edmonton made those trades for a D out of absolute desperation. Larsson has worked out (for us) despite the huge value going the other way.
It was a hockey trade based on NEED
Tanev is a great player, but we have Larsson
Our NEED is an offensive RD or a true #1D (either hand, we'll cope). Tanev is neither
Pulju and 10th are our absolute BEST available assets. We don't trade them without addressing the primary NEED
Granlund does nothing for us... we'd certainly rather keep Pulju

Simplify to Tanev for 10th and we each keep our wingers? You probably don't go for that and we probably don't until it was a last resort... back to the NEED for an offensive presence on D.
Vancouver would do that easily.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Tanev does not get a 10th

maybe a pick between 26 and 31
Again, you keep stating the obvious. That's why I said easily that would be a steal. Tanev would get a mid teens pick + small plus, or a late 1st + prospect and pick. 10OV is a massive overpayment for Tanev- meaning Vancouver would do that easily. In no way am I saying it's fair value or something Edmonton should be doing.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'll keep it brief.
To Edm
- C. Tanev (#1 RHD)
To Van
- J. Pullijarvi
- 2018 10 overall pick

Thoughts?
Awful. Pulujarvi hasn't fallen out of favour. I wouldn't trade either of Edmonton's parts for that package.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00