Rumor: Canucks not qualifying Troy Stecher

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
How about waiting to see what the assembled team looks like going into next season before making this declaration? :laugh: God damn.
You're right Benning has done such a masterful job navigating contracts, cap issues, etc. How dare someone think he could potentially set this franchise back with poor decisions.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
he can still sign in Van on Fri as a UFA for cheap...if not sky isn't falling Canuck fans...he was a bottom pair guy who gave it his all but without offensive output...I think it is best to move on and try to revamp the D core

revamp the d core like targeting a left shot defender who makes like 3 million more than he should.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Benning looking at a vet UFA whose game is poised to fall off a cliff:

oprah-free-car.jpg

Benning looking at a young, homegrown player who outperformed his last contract:

-gollum-326631.jpg

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
In before "horrible asset management."

30 teams had a chance to take on his arb risk. 30 teams passed.
Did they?
I’ve never heard this kind of justification. Why would you offer something for him if you know he most likely ends up a Free agent in a week.
It’s like Ben Hutton all over again. Goes on to sign a 1 year, $1.5M contract. Being from the area and wanting to be here I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up signing here in the end, 1 year, $2M.
Ben Hutton’s agent received a 3 year offer for more than his QO and didn’t take it right away thinking he could do better.

I think Troy will get offers at over $2.35m

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
You're right Benning has done such a masterful job navigating contracts, cap issues, etc. How dare someone think he could potentially set this franchise back with poor decisions.
When did I say anything like that? Are you sure you're even quoting the right person?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Troy was ok for us, but let's face it, he is not irreplaceable and there are dozens of dmen who bring what he does. This feels like Ben Hutton all over again. People were beside themselves that we didn't QO him, and we didn't miss him at all.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Troy was ok for us, but let's face it, he is not irreplaceable and there are dozens of dmen who bring what he does. This feels like Ben Hutton all over again. People were beside themselves that we didn't QO him, and we didn't miss him at all.

Name them and back it up with data.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
he can still sign in Van on Fri as a UFA for cheap...if not sky isn't falling Canuck fans...he was a bottom pair guy who gave it his all but without offensive output...I think it is best to move on and try to revamp the D core

No way that happens. It's a slap in the face when you've been on the team and they don't qualify you. Had he been traded there in the off-season different story.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
So the team wants you but not at your actual value that you deserved based on play. Big fan of Mike Milbury making Tommy Salo cry huh lol

Very different.

No one could have seen the emergence of Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes; resulting in the need of reserving cap space for those stars on the team.

Stecher is local, bleeds Canucks. If the team can work him in before he loses offers from other teams, I can see Stecher holding his agent off as long as possible, as long as he still has offers on the table from other teams.

However, with flat cap. Stecher might end up needing to sign a short term low cap contract regardless IMO. Most teams have 5/6/7 options that could be had for under a million from the farm.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad