Canucks News, Rumours, & Fantasy GM | Is it September yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It wasn't Botch. It was someone from Canucks Army, leaning Jackson Mcdonald. I remember this because there was big debates about the legitimacy of CA as a source. Bovinder Horvathi calling them losers living in their mothers basement smelling their own farts etc.
Yes that's the guy and nobody or anything ever backed his claims. I call BS on that one he didn't even carry on as a reputable source/
reporter. Baseless speculation that Y2K made a big deal of. I bet they got a good offer 39th plus but 9th for 35yr old Miller? Nah

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If Pearson is healthy and no other moves are made, I believe we have to run a 22 man roster on opening night to be cap compliant.

Aman, Podkolzin and Silovs most likely start in the A due to potential bonuses.
Hoglander as well.

We might as well stash them down there for as long as we can.

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
Hoglander? I thought I read somewhere that he is just under the games played threshold to be waiver eligible.
According to capfriendly he would have to go through waivers.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Höglander took some decent steps in Abbotsford last season, fixing some of his deficiencies and learning to play more of well rounded, two way game.
Podkolzin seemed to still be more of a work in progress.
Based on how last season ended, not to mention their waiver status, I'd say Hog stays up and Pod goes back down.
Things may be different in September, though.

Reactions: bossram

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hoglander? I thought I read somewhere that he is just under the games played threshold to be waiver eligible.

He is under the games threshold which is why he could get sent down last year. But starting next year he hits the season threshold (which is different) so he would have to clear.

Reactions: elitepete

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
One Vancouver reporter with an axe to grind and ravenous with ambition -- I think it might have been Botch but I can't remember -- said rumours were flying in Anaheim that the 9th overall was offered for Miller. No one else in either market reported anything similar or even alluded to what he'd said, so it was almost certainly bullshit.
It wasn't even as credible as Botch. It was like CanucksArmy during one of their worst eras, and posters here jumped on it like it was gospel because it went along with the Benning sucks narrative (disclaimer that Benning was indeed bad for the things that actually happened).

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
There are definitely a lot of anti-Doerrie voices who are gleeful to see a woman fail, but personally as someone who supported her and wants to see more diversity in the game I’m just profoundly annoyed by what an immature dumbass she’s turned out to be, and how it’s probably set back women in the sport in general. She’s just played into all the worst stereotypes imaginable.
You know, I think she's shown herself to be someone incredibly unsubstantial.

So people probably know that someone I know occasionally drops me a crumb and when they hired Doerrie I was disappointed and asked if they were aware of the interview wherein she slandered J.T. Miller, Petey, and Quinn and Luke Hughes.

I discovered that they did so little due diligence that nobody even knew about the podcast even months later.

It's so clear that it was just a negligent hire.

Sort of like how Leah Hextall being terrible doesn't mean women shouldn't work in broadcasting.

I think if someone respected like Castonguay had turned out to be a disappointment that would be different because she actually carries a gravity to her. Doerrie's just an unserious person at this point.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Nothing wrong with Podz developing in the AHL. They have so much down there to help players. Podz is young, we’re just so use to rushing these guys.

I agree with a few who have said the obvious about trading a winger.

It’s multi purpose, it opens cap and opens a clearer path for guys like Hoglander.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Condition

the Red Wings will have the option of sending their own 2024 first-round pick or Boston's 2024 first-round pick (previously acquired on March 2, 2023) to Ottawa

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
7 - 39 and a 3rd
One year later....
Bruins 1st ,Kubalik Sebrango 4th

He did go from a 40 goal guy to 27. At least theY're not eating 8 million in OTT

Disaster trade by Ottawa that gets saved by Korchinski being a dud a weak draft and not having to eat that contract.

For Yzerman that was a fairly cheap purchase if Debrincat goes back to being his old self and he wanted to go home so that's a win for the organization but 8 million is too steep a price to pay in AAV for a guy coming off 27goals and averaging 72pts the last 2 yrs that is -44 in goal shares and does very little other than produce pts.

Really bad summer for Yzerman

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The claimed exact price is practically the only reason the story is or was noteworthy.

It wasn't even as credible as Botch. It was like CanucksArmy during one of their worst eras, and posters here jumped on it like it was gospel because it went along with the Benning sucks narrative (disclaimer that Benning was indeed bad for the things that actually happened).

Again :

1) The general structure of the rumour - that Ryan Miller could potentially have been traded to SJ at the 2015 draft in some sort of picks/futures deal - is almost certainly true.

2) The price reported in the rumour is absolutely plausible when you consider it would have been a Bieksa-Miller package.

And as I keep saying, I'll obviously allow that the price or the year of the pick could have been warped in the rumour chain along the way. But everything here basically checks out, and yet the general reaction from the fanbase has been 'IMPOSSIBLE! Some stupid reporter just made the whole thing up!' and it was decided that it was total nonsense.

And for the record, it was never officially discredited that I saw by the club or any sort of IMac planted story and there's no real evidence it *isn't* true. And as we've seen with the Mikheyev knee/Seravalli thing, the fact that only one reporter reported a thing and was then ridiculed for it doesn't mean it wasn't actually true.

Reactions: bossram

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko
Beauvillier - Miller - Boeser
Pearson - Blueger - Garland
Di Giuseppe - Joshua - Studnicka
Hoglander, Podkolzin

Hughes - Cole
Soucy - Hronek
Wolanin - Myers
Brisebois, Juulsen