Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Playoffs Approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I think he might want to go shorter so he can get another ufa deal while being relatively young. So I think if the Canucks go shorter they can keep the numbers down. I think the deal with be lower than people think 8 x 8 is ridiculous. It’s hard to see the Canucks going from 8 x 6.5 to 8 x 8.

It is difficult to see the Canucks doing that, I agree. There is a walk away point for any player, no matter how hard to find.

From reports, Hornek's side used Sergachev as the best comparable ($8.5m/8yrs) and management used Severson ($6.25m/6yrs). The common term is 8 years. Going shorter for term would mean more money now for Hronek (a higher AAV, Matthews template), at the cost of less total money overall guaranteed. For Matthews, this guarantee doesn't matter because he's the elite of the elite. For a #3D like Hronek, it's dicey.

On Overrated/Underrated (Canucks Central), Sat Shah said the draft is the natural break point for this case. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: theguardianII

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Yep. It will be difficult to break even on a trade given everyone you're trading Hronek knows he's looking for top dollars.

The ideal scenario is to re-sign him to an agreeable contract (sub-$8M AAV), and have him be the long-term partner for Hughes.

Then find a 2RD upgrade (I like Matt Roy) and have the pro-scouting find cheap-ish, effective options for the bottom-pair.

This is the way to go about it. It is such a struggle to find good defenseman. We have one on the team that works very well, and not much in the pipeline besides Willander. It just makes so much sense to focus on a 2RD along with Hronek, and that solidifies our defence for at least 2 more years. Unless we take a step back we would have to replace Hronek with Hronek assets and Hronek money. Take the $5 people are talking with Zadorov and put that into Roy, or similar, and sign a 3LD for a mil or two. Same for 3RD, and/or we go with Juulsen as #6/#7.

Base value is a 1st and 2nd round pick or an equivalent. What is added on top of that is obviously case by case.

It’s no secret any RFA loses value the longer it takes to trade them as they near arbitration. It obviously makes sense you trade your RFA holdout by July 1st.

Personally I have no interest in re signing Hronek $7M+

Hell $6.5M that he rejected was a bit much. Smallish 40-50 point offensive defenseman.

The problem with that is those picks aren't going to play for 2-3 years so we're just going to suck/tread water for the next 2 years of Miller, Hughes, and Demko, or we have to turn around and find another top pairing defenseman for whatever you're willing to pay. Depending on what you're looking for it's probably going to be worse value (money or assets) unless management can hit a homerun. Very risky strategy if we truly intend to build on this season.

His shot is great he just can’t hit the f***ing net. I’m also fine with that contract if Gonchar and Foote focus on his shot over the summer and in training camp. It can be absolutely Salo-esque when it actually gets to where it’s supposed to go

Well, if he can't hit the net it's not really that great right? :naughty: Haha, just joking. Such a hard shot but he doesn't know when or where to shoot it. In the playoffs just blasting those at the opposition trying to clog up the lanes is invaluable. I'm also fine with pretty much whatever within reason. I would consider going 8 but I think it can be done cheaper.

Reactions: calnuck

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
This is the way to go about it. It is such a struggle to find good defenseman. We have one on the team that works very well, and not much in the pipeline besides Willander. It just makes so much sense to focus on a 2RD along with Hronek, and that solidifies our defence for at least 2 more years. Unless we take a step back we would have to replace Hronek with Hronek assets and Hronek money. Take the $5 people are talking with Zadorov and put that into Roy, or similar, and sign a 3LD for a mil or two. Same for 3RD, and/or we go with Juulsen as #6/#7.

The problem with that is those picks aren't going to play for 2-3 years so we're just going to suck/tread water for the next 2 years of Miller, Hughes, and Demko, or we have to turn around and find another top pairing defenseman for whatever you're willing to pay. Depending on what you're looking for it's probably going to be worse value (money or assets) unless management can hit a homerun. Very risky strategy if we truly intend to build on this season.

Well, if he can't hit the net it's not really that great right? :naughty: Haha, just joking. Such a hard shot but he doesn't know when or where to shoot it. In the playoffs just blasting those at the opposition trying to clog up the lanes is invaluable. I'm also fine with pretty much whatever within reason. I would consider going 8 but I think it can be done cheaper.
I dont prefer picks myself. In any Hronek trade, I’d want an equivalent to that as a base. For instance a couple of near NHL ready prospects or a core piece 22-25 years old. ,

Reactions: Nick Lang

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Backup goalie should be under $2M. Third pairing D under $3M. Even if Joshua goes for $3M we're not in a terrible spot. Can re-sign Blueger for $2.5M and Zadorov for $4.5M.
Zadorov 6X8 with no clause the last 4 years or very limited NTC.
Large dmen that are 28 yrs old don't grow on trees.
The players that might be replaced are Suter and Lafferty with Aman/Podkolzin/?? other veteran elder players
From reports, Hornek's side used Sergachev as the best comparable ($8.5m/8yrs) and management used Severson ($6.25m/6yrs). The common term is 8 years. Going shorter for term would mean more money now for Hronek (a higher AAV, Matthews template), at the cost of less total money overall guaranteed. For Matthews, this guarantee doesn't matter because he's the elite of the elite. For a #3D like Hronek, it's dicey.

On Overrated/Underrated (Canucks Central), Sat Shah said the draft is the natural break point for this case. Let's see what happens.
Hronek is still a RFA, the Canucks could play hard ball. IMO they do a similar contract term as Boeser, 4 years so he still gets one more big pay day. He's at 4.4 mil so going to 6 is a pretty good raise. That and he has to look at team mates he is playing with. I could see a 4 years at 6 mil with a big signing bonus of say 10 mil with a very limited clause contract, like he can say no to only 6 teams
Take the $5 people are talking with Zadorov and put that into Roy, or similar
Roy? How well does he play with Soucy? Hughes or Juulsen?
The team will have Cole's cap hit of 3 mil to work with on the back end especially if Juulsen replaces Cole. Juulsen's cap hit is already on the books so no adding money there.

At long last, 8/9 years of having a half baked defence corp, these guys have chemistry AND Zadorov is already in the fold.
There is something to say about "chemistry"

Canucks have a top 4 defence in the league now, why break it up?

The thing is Hronek is unique enough that there will be many teams making offers.
If the Nux keep all the D except Hronek and Cole they have 7.5 mil to replace just those two without tapping into the 5 mil cap increase.
Zadorov and Myers' 9.75 mil just gets redistributed between them, no cap increase and maybe even a little bit of savings if Myers does sign for 3 mil for 4 years with not clause his last year.
All about being cap neutral without tying the team up with contracts that might not age well.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hronek is still a RFA, the Canucks could play hard ball. IMO they do a similar contract term as Boeser, 4 years so he still gets one more big pay day. He's at 4.4 mil so going to 6 is a pretty good raise. That and he has to look at team mates he is playing with. I could see a 4 years at 6 mil with a big signing bonus of say 10 mil with a very limited clause contract, like he can say no to only 6 teams

Hronek is more like Pettersson. He can just refuse to sign anything, be qualified or taken to arbitration, and achieve UFA status next year. The Canucks really don’t have much leverage outside the “play with Hughes” card. I also don’t think he’ll take a short-term deal as his earnings to date haven’t been top notch and this is really his opportunity to cash in given his current value. I expect he’ll look to maximize earnings on this deal.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I think the path of least resistance is re-signing Hronek. This team struggled to find an effective RD for years. I don’t think they are going to lose the only one they found over, what ~1.0m AAV extra? The money they are saving on Hughes and Miller’s bargain deal makes up for that.

The only X-factor in this would be if the Hughes-Hronek pairing has an underwhelming postseason. Specifically if they get pushed around. If the brain trust determines that they need to get bigger on defense—I could see them signing someone like Pesce to play with Hughes and prioritizing the saved money to re-sign Zadorov and Myers. They could probably trade Hronek’s last RFA year for a decent return to upgrade the forwards—especially if it is a sign-and-trade sort of deal.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Hronek is more like Pettersson. He can just refuse to sign anything, be qualified or taken to arbitration, and achieve UFA status next year. The Canucks really don’t have much leverage outside the “play with Hughes” card. I also don’t think he’ll take a short-term deal as his earnings to date haven’t been top notch and this is really his opportunity to cash in given his current value. I expect he’ll look to maximize earnings on this deal.
Then he likely gets traded.
The team is just not set up to take on a big long term contract.
I suppose they could just give him Cole's money and keep him but is he enough to help put the team over the top. Money Puck.

He isn't great at defence, better than Hughes but.
He does shoot more the dance around on the PP.
If he is signed then maybe Hughes becomes available before he gets to FA in 3 years, so trade thought after next year in 2 years.

I think the path of least resistance is re-signing Hronek. This team struggled to find an effective RD for years. I don’t think they are going to lose the only one they found over ~1.0m AAV extra.

The only X-factor in this would be if the Hughes-Hronek pairing has an underwhelming postseason. Specifically if they get pushed around. If the brain trust determines that they Canucks need to get bigger on defense—I could see them signing someone like Pesce to play with Hughes and prioritizing the saved money to re-sign Zadorov and Myers. They could probably trade Hronek’s last RFA year for a decent return—especially if it is a sign-and-trade sort of deal.
Pretty sure the return would be bigger than the cost was.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

Hronek is not taking 4 year 6 mil contract. Lol, he's starting his ask at $8.5 x 8.

The team will have Cole's cap hit of 3 mil to work with on the back end especially if Juulsen replaces Cole. Juulsen's cap hit is already on the books so no adding money there.

At long last, 8/9 years of having a half baked defence corp, these guys have chemistry AND Zadorov is already in the fold.

The thing is Hronek is unique enough that there will be many teams making offers.
If the Nux keep all the D except Hronek and Cole they have 7.5 mil to replace just those two without tapping into the 5 mil cap increase.
Zadorov and Myers' 9.75 mil just gets redistributed between them, no cap increase and maybe even a little bit of savings if Myers does sign for 3 mil for 4 years with not clause his last year.
All about being cap neutral without tying the team up with contracts that might not age well.

Roy would be awesome I think and our D would be complete and locked in for at least 2 years. Most likely more as Soucy would be a re-sign or at least an easier position to fill with the other top 3 locked in.

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Roy
Cole/ufa Juulsen/Myers

Zadorov is in the fold but will be asking for $5 mil. What an over expenditure for a 3rd line dman. Sure it would be nice but the salary cap is very real. That's why you have to break it up. You talk about chemistry and not breaking up a top 4 D but yet you advocate getting rid of the guy that's made the biggest difference. Hronek! Cole has been pretty valuable too. Zadorov is getting a lot of buzz for his big hits and 2 goal game, but he also makes a number of bad reads, mistakes, and has overall poor performances as well.

You could run Juulsen, Myers, and some other slug on the right side but this team is very likely taking a big nose dive in the standings in that case. I don't think the team is interested in a 2 year reset. We should be trying to improve/keep the quality, not make it worse. Trading a #2 dman for a #5 makes no sense to me and lowers the overall quality of the d immensely.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Zadorov 6X8 with no clause the last 4 years or very limited NTC.
Large dmen that are 28 yrs old don't grow on trees.
The players that might be replaced are Suter and Lafferty with Aman/Podkolzin/?? other veteran elder players

You're joking right? You're willing to pay Zadorov 6M yet think Hronek would accept 6.6M? Setting aside the absurdity of that notion alongside the fact Zadorov isn't remotely worth 6M and Hronek being a significantly better player. We already offered him 6.8M and he turned it down.

There is no "playing hardball". If we try a stunt like that, he can just elect arbitration and force a one year deal at an arbitrated salary (likely in the high 7 or low 8 range) and walk himself to free agency.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It is difficult to see the Canucks doing that, I agree. There is a walk away point for any player, no matter how hard to find.

Sergachev is another interesting comparison. He obviously came with Cup pedigree but he was signed without proving he can anchor a #1 pairing and face top competition. Given his young age, he was also paid with the expectation that he would develop into a top pairing defenseman, if not a #1 Dman.

I think that at his best, Sergachev is better than Hronek. But Sergachev hasn't reached expectations and is overpaid. So ya I really don't know. If there's a chance to acquire Sergachev or Nurse or Seth Jones would you? I would expect the answer to change drastically if those guys were on valued contracts.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Hronek is not taking 4 year 6 mil contract. Lol, he's starting his ask at $8.5 x 8.
Who told you that? The term is what the Canucks would want not the player because in 3 years he will still be 29 yrs old and the average cap for a RHD will be much more, then he sign a long term deal.
Roy would be awesome I think and our D would be complete and locked in for at least 2 years. Most likely more as Soucy would be a re-sign or at least an easier position to fill with the other top 3 locked in.

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Roy
Cole/ufa Juulsen/Myers
What is the obsession with small defencemen? If a big dman that can skate and goes into a scoring slump their size can make up a difference. Can you train Hughes or Hronek to step up a flatten a Tkachuk type player with an impact hit? Or out muscle a Kopitar sized player along the boards? A large human has a longer reach for stick checks as well. Roy would be the second smallest dman on the team. Besides Roy will be 30 yrs old next year. Spend the money once. Cole will be 36 yrs old next year, IMO Juulsen is his replacement.
Zadorov is in the fold but will be asking for $5 mil. What an over expenditure for a 3rd line dman. Sure it would be nice but the salary cap is very real. That's why you have to break it up. You talk about chemistry and not breaking up a top 4 D but yet you advocate getting rid of the guy that's made the biggest difference. Hronek! Cole has been pretty valuable too. Zadorov is getting a lot of buzz for his big hits and 2 goal game, but he also makes a number of bad reads, mistakes, and has overall poor performances as well.

You could run Juulsen, Myers, and some other slug on the right side but this team is very likely taking a big nose dive in the standings in that case. I don't think the team is interested in a 2 year reset. We should be trying to improve/keep the quality, not make it worse. Trading a #2 dman for a #5 makes no sense to me and lowers the overall quality of the d immensely.
You should be looking at ratings, Zadorov is now considered a 3/4 dman and moving up. He is only 28 yrs old and large guys last longer due to being able to absorb more contact. 6X6 will be cheap in 3 years.
The Hronek trade idea is simple. Losing Tanev was going to be a disaster because him and Hughes were so good together, well Tanev's replacement took Rutherford/Allvin less than a season to find. Are you sure there is no other player that can play with Hughes? Maybe Tanev?

You would be surprised if the team isn't as high in the standings as this year? Really? This is the first year in 10 that the team has earned a spot without an act of god. Would you be surprised if it is a one and then a couple of year to get back? Look at the depth.
You're joking right? You're willing to pay Zadorov 6M yet think Hronek would accept 6.6M? Setting aside the absurdity of that notion alongside the fact Zadorov isn't remotely worth 6M and Hronek being a significantly better player. We already offered him 6.8M and he turned it down.
Like most fans I think your sensitized to the flat cap. There is a very good chance the cap will go up by 20 mil or more over the next 4 years. Zadorov will be 33 then and 6 mil will be what you are paying #5 dmen with size.

Hronek is asking for 8 mil according to Dhali, that is too much with the team needing so much more up front. Is Boeser getting faster, better, hitting more, forechecking? Who replaces Miller's 2nd line center spot in 3/4 years?

Are the Canucks today the finished product for the next 4 years? Look at the team since Demko got hurt who they beat and who they are losing to. Need scoring and they already have Hronek and the scoring ain't happening.

The team will/can be good next year but not as high in the standings because they can't keep all these players
There is no "playing hardball". If we try a stunt like that, he can just elect arbitration and force a one year deal at an arbitrated salary (likely in the high 7 or low 8 range) and walk himself to free agency.
Will he elect? Maybe it is smarter if the Canucks do? He isn't the team. He is one player just like Tanev or Horvat was. Quickly replaced and forgot in this market.

Does anyone find it odd that the PP took a massive dive after Kuzmenko was traded? They only have 10 PP goals in 70 PPs. Not that he was scoring a bunch but he was a threat other teams needed to watch.
Boeser was at first but teams soon learned he can't retrieve pucks and his shot has deteriorated. Boeser is on a 25 goal season scoring rate The second half of the season, since January 1 BB - 13 G - 17A - 6 of those on the PP.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Hronek has turned my view on his abilities ass backwards. I had thought he would be a offensive threat with his shot and skills. As the season progressed and Ive watched him closely he seems to be way better in his own zone doing coverage. Weirdly he looks to be a terrible passer with poor accuracy, his stick resembles a wet noodle when he passes. In the O zone his shot leaves more to be desired, not very accurate and the timing is often off. People are on Petterssons case to change his stick but I think Hronek needs the change more

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Hronek has turned my view on his abilities ass backwards. I had thought he would be a offensive threat with his shot and skills. As the season progressed and Ive watched him closely he seems to be way better in his own zone doing coverage. Weirdly he looks to be a terrible passer with poor accuracy, his stick resembles a wet noodle when he passes. In the O zone his shot leaves more to be desired, not very accurate and the timing is often off. People are on Petterssons case to change his stick but I think Hronek needs the change more
I think the team is seeing a bit of the flu bug.

Too many feeling the pressure. Trying to do too much.

The ice look bad at least for the Canucks. Passes behind or in the skates.

Lafferty looked good, really stepping up his game.

They should easily win 3 of the next 9 games, maybe even against Edmonton who might hold back on their stars icetime unless Vegas is pressuring them for 2nd in the division.

I thinkTocchetwill go back towhat was working earlier.

PDG with Miller and Boeser
Joshua with Garland and Blueger
Petterson with Mikheyev and Lindholm (Kuzmenko)
Hoglander with Suter and ?????

Hughes and Hronek
Myers and Zadorov
Soucy and Cole/Juulsen

Demko/DeSmith and DeSmith/Silvos/Topoilo

Could be one of the AHL goalies end up in a game if Demko isn't ready.

There is a lot of praise for Demko but he doesn't really have that much playoff experience. His only games he was not the number one so the pressure was different

They have to keep a defenceman on the ice during the PP, not just Hughes. Point shots, more of them. More one timers from Pettersson and Miller with a good bumper guy or net front presence. We all know that in the real season net front gets physical, much more physical than now.

Time to start seeing more truculence.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Well I don’t think you’re crazy. There has been two Hroneks this season. The one I’d be willing to break the bank for, and the one that makes me want to put my head thru drywall.

Reactions: quat and David71

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
The average height of a forward is 6.109 ft and the average height of a defenseman is 6.154 ft.

Average weight of forwards is 197.86 lbs and the average weight of defenseman is 202.84 lbs.
i would like to see the median or a point distribution on that. i think there may be more 6' 5"+ dmen than 5' 10" or less dmen. same for weight.

Well I don’t think you’re crazy. There has been two Hroneks this season. The one I’d be willing to break the bank for, and the one that makes me want to put my head thru drywall.

careful of the cte if you are not wearing a csa approved drywall penetrating helmet.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Like most fans I think your sensitized to the flat cap. There is a very good chance the cap will go up by 20 mil or more over the next 4 years. Zadorov will be 33 then and 6 mil will be what you are paying #5 dmen with size.

Hronek is asking for 8 mil according to Dhali, that is too much with the team needing so much more up front. Is Boeser getting faster, better, hitting more, forechecking? Who replaces Miller's 2nd line center spot in 3/4 years?

Are the Canucks today the finished product for the next 4 years? Look at the team since Demko got hurt who they beat and who they are losing to. Need scoring and they already have Hronek and the scoring ain't happening.

The team will/can be good next year but not as high in the standings because they can't keep all these players

Will he elect? Maybe it is smarter if the Canucks do? He isn't the team. He is one player just like Tanev or Horvat was. Quickly replaced and forgot in this market.

Does anyone find it odd that the PP took a massive dive after Kuzmenko was traded? They only have 10 PP goals in 70 PPs. Not that he was scoring a bunch but he was a threat other teams needed to watch.
Boeser was at first but teams soon learned he can't retrieve pucks and his shot has deteriorated. Boeser is on a 25 goal season scoring rate The second half of the season, since January 1 BB - 13 G - 17A - 6 of those on the PP.

My response had nothing to do with the flat cap but rather your ludicrous value assessment. Zadorov is not worth 6M nor has he shown anywhere close to that capability. It doesn't matter what the cap will look like in 3-4 years. We have to get there first. Which you're not doing carrying Zadorov at that bloated salary.

You are severely overrating him at that salary mark, especially when you're slotting Hronek at the same number. Hronek is a vastly superior player, younger and a RHD. There's no scenario whatsoever they're getting paid the same.

If we try and lowball him like you're suggesting, then yes. He's not taking any number starting with a 6. You mention Tanev but how much of a mess has our defense been since we let him walk? He was not "quickly replaced and forgotten." We just tried trading for him a month ago.

Horvat is a different scenario as we had a surplus of centers. We don't have that luxury. There is nobody in our system or in free agency as talented as Hronek. We're not replacing him, we're downgrading.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm not sold on hronek at eight mil the same way I'm still not sold on ep at eleven plus.

But I don't see how they entertain anything other than extending him, especially as a rhd.

Sign tanev and you have multiple above avg options you know work with your franchise dman depending on the situation.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Dan Hamhuis took 7.58% as a 27/28 yr old UFA

87.5 x .0758 = 6.63m

Not liking where this is going from the Hronek camp

Reactions: theguardianII

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'm not sold on hronek at eight mil the same way I'm still not sold on ep at eleven plus.

But I don't see how they entertain anything other than extending him, especially as a rhd.

Sign tanev and you have multiple above avg options you know work with your franchise dman depending on the situation.
Would be a band aid solution (and Tanev could spontaneously combust at any time given his age and mileage)...and do you want to be on the merry go round chasing overpriced veteran RHD free agents every year...?

They have to extend Hronek, ...I'd say its the most pressing signing the club has to make..Joshua is second.

Feb 19, 2018
If Hronek does want bank I’m betting a team like Buffalo who has a staple of young Dman would love a player like him for the RHS. All their guys are lefty’s and Hronek has proven to flourish with someone like Dahlin’s skillset.

Byram or Power would be guys you look at and Peasce and Tanev as UFA’s to replace his Roster spot on the team with Willander coming up.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Who told you that? The term is what the Canucks would want not the player because in 3 years he will still be 29 yrs old and the average cap for a RHD will be much more, then he sign a long term deal.

It's just blatantly obvious to anyone who is paying attention. There have been multiple reports where his agent has stated they feel his contract starts with an 8. He also wants the full length security and $$ of a max term 8 year contract. So that's the starting point.

What is the obsession with small defencemen? If a big dman that can skate and goes into a scoring slump their size can make up a difference. Can you train Hughes or Hronek to step up a flatten a Tkachuk type player with an impact hit? Or out muscle a Kopitar sized player along the boards? A large human has a longer reach for stick checks as well. Roy would be the second smallest dman on the team. Besides Roy will be 30 yrs old next year. Spend the money once. Cole will be 36 yrs old next year, IMO Juulsen is his replacement.

What are you even talking about? There is Quinn who I hope you're not suggesting isn't capable because he's not big. Other than that I listed Roy, Soucy, Cole, Juulsen, Myers. You're out to lunch if you think those guys are small.

There is no obsession with small guys, just good players. Big defenseman are great in their own way but almost all suffer some sort of lack of stamina, speed, mobility, and hockey IQ. You don't just sign the biggest players you can find. Skill is of the utmost importance as well. Roy is 6'2" 210. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Juulsen is a RD, Cole is a LD who can cover RD. They are not interchangeable.

You should be looking at ratings, Zadorov is now considered a 3/4 dman and moving up. He is only 28 yrs old and large guys last longer due to being able to absorb more contact. 6X6 will be cheap in 3 years.
The Hronek trade idea is simple. Losing Tanev was going to be a disaster because him and Hughes were so good together, well Tanev's replacement took Rutherford/Allvin less than a season to find. Are you sure there is no other player that can play with Hughes? Maybe Tanev?

Hahaha, you're just making up crap now. Zadorov is not a 3/4 in anyone's world, he's a #5 dman. $6 mil? What a bloody awful contract that would be. It would completely sink the organization. He's also looking at a long term deal. You're so out of touch with reality. My goodness. No one has played anywhere near as well as Hronek with Hughes. Tanev included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad