Pre-Game Talk: Canucks @ Maples Leaves Saturday 4pm Hockey Night in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Assuming Miller goes in Toronto, can we rename the term 'back-to-back' to 'back-to-Lack'... since he has ownership of the 2nd game, renaming the phrase only makes sense...

The good thing about Sunday is the Sens will also be on the 2nd half of their own b2b and travelling (@ Pit on Sat)... We'll be on an even conditioning level with our opposition..

As for the Leafs... their PP looks good recently... like us they had 3 PPG outburst a couple games ago.. are 5/13 in their last 3 gms. We're 4/9 over our last 3 as well..

Here's to our 7 Ontario boys having a great homecoming!

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Assuming Miller goes in Toronto, can we rename the term 'back-to-back' to 'back-to-Lack'... since he has ownership of the 2nd game, renaming the phrase only makes sense...

The good thing about Sunday is the Sens will also be on the 2nd half of their own b2b and travelling (@ Pit on Sat)... We'll be on an even conditioning level with our opposition..

I would be quite upset if Lack didn't get the start against the Leafs considering his performance last night against the Pens. Keep on riding the goalie with the hot hand, Miller can wait an extra day.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
At some point this team should score 6 or more goals in a game, I hope it is this game.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Four guys that the Canucks have to beware of Kessel, Bozak, Kadri & Santo all four have been hot, seems that Santo makes his line go because of his relentless forecheck not surprising tbh.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I would be quite upset if Lack didn't get the start against the Leafs considering his performance last night against the Pens. Keep on riding the goalie with the hot hand, Miller can wait an extra day.

Thought Miller was already confirmed as the starter for the TO game?...watch for the Sedin line...due for a breakout....TO d-men are soft...lots of stick-checking....should be able to feast down low.... but ultimately up to Miller because the Leafs will get some chances:nod:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
My biggest worry for tomorrow are all the horrible HNIC stuff I'll need to try to avoid watching
Coaches corner definitely included

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

I wouldn't at all.. He had a light night... that was probably the easiest shutout of his career. I wouldn't consider him holding a hot hand based on that game.

Add - the stage of the season, our W-L record, and considering Willie not likely allowing a shutout to sway his goalie 'scheduling' (ala sitting Miller after his 1st shutout on a back2back).. i'm just Expecting Miller to play.

Either/or..... nice luxury to have.

Edit: also.. i think playing Miller on Saturday would help keep a lid on any goalie controversy talk that would burst out... and you know it would...

Last edited:

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Thought Miller was already confirmed as the starter for the TO game?...watch for the Sedin line...due for a breakout....TO d-men are soft...lots of stick-checking....should be able to feast down low.... but ultimately up to Miller because the Leafs will get some chances:nod:

Canucks have 3 SO's in their last 5 games I'm fine with either one.:handclap:

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013
This is the game i care the most about this season. I ****ing despise the leafs. Must win!

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013

Big, Saturday night, center of the (hockey) universe, Canada vs Canada match up?

Not likely.

LolClarkson*

Do not lose to toronto please

After watching the Penguins game, its pretty hard to imagine the Canucks losing this game against the Leafs. The East sucks. And these run and gun eastern teams suck even more.

I am probably going to bench Kessel and JVR in my keeper league for this game. If Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin combined for less then 5 shots against us then I don't see Kessel or JVR getting a thing.

This is our game to lose. The team deserves a Mark Crawford bag skate if they lose this game.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Isn't he back in the lineup as well?

Didn't realize Santo was up to 18 points in 25 games now. Good to see.

Damn. 9 points in his last 5.

Still upset we couldn't re-sign him. Would've made that third line even better.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Damn. 9 points in his last 5.

Still upset we couldn't re-sign him. Would've made that third line even better.

He would look so good on a line with Richardson and Matthias. Our put him back at centre with Matthias and Kassian. Maybe we can grab him in UFA next offseason.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Btw, Miller has ridiculously good stats against the Leafs, he always steps up against the Leafs.

Leaf fans hate Miller because of this.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I have a question for you guys. How is Hamhuis doing? I am not sure if I should drop from my fantasy team or keep him. I have been holding him just in case he returns soon, but I am not so sure now.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I have a question for you guys. How is Hamhuis doing? I am not sure if I should drop from my fantasy team or keep him. I have been holding him just in case he returns soon, but I am not so sure now.

6-10 weeks.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Out for "months"

That's all we really know. He doesn't provide a ton of fantasy value anyways so I'd drop him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad