Post-Game Talk: Canucks Lose 4-3 (OT) vs Wild

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Miller has shown his true colors in seasons past, once a quitter always a quitter. What a bunch of absolute idiots signing this guy. Does anybody actually focus on a players body language or attitude? This is absolutely mind boggling

Reactions: mossey3535

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
This is so true.

Miller looks like he gained 10lbs and spent the summer golfing and being a dad.

His golf buddy Boeser obviously had some mental anguish to deal with but it looks like he's a ghost and the game is too fast for him. He's not even a good player in any facet right now just a complete passenger. As someone said he looks like the guys at the winter classic playing in the old timers game.

Horvat always comes back sluggish although i give him credit the last 2 games he's looked good.

Man some soul searching is in need from all over the organization right now
I think realistically most thought this season would be somewhat of a struggle given how lucky we were last year in terms of injuries to major players. We weren't as good as the time under Bruce last season & we aren't as bad as we are now. Where we lie inbetween is anybody's guess. Sorry, but this is all I got.:)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
How many games till Allvin realizes we need to chop forwards for D?

To be fair, who are we trading for that D? Boeser is tanking so damn hard right now we'd have trouble giving him away. Miller isn't exactly looking like Mr. 8M either. Our best trade assets are Hoglander, Pud, Kuzmenko and Horvat. All the players who seem to give a shit.

A few games ago, I would have said move out Horvat but he's turned it around in a damn hurry. It has to be Boeser who gets launched out of here but he's making it damn hard to shop him for anything worthwhile.

Reactions: mossey3535

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
To be fair, who are we trading for that D? Boeser is tanking so damn hard right now we'd have trouble giving him away. Miller isn't exactly looking like Mr. 8M either. Our best trade assets are Hoglander, Pud, Kuzmenko and Horvat. All the players who seem to give a shit.

A few games ago, I would have said move out Horvat but he's turned it around in a damn hurry. It has to be Boeser who gets launched out of here but he's making it damn hard to shop him for anything worthwhile.
At this point, the team would have to add a high pick just to get rid of Boeser.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bingo. This is the crux of the issue, in my opinion. Deployment. What the **** has Boeser done to be played this much? He is a negative presence on the ice. He no longer has his shot. He skates slowly. He thinks slowly. He's beyond soft. He's not good defensively.

Playing good players more and 4th liners/has beens less will be an immediate improvement. If the coach makes better decisions re: deployment, this team is like mid standings at worst right now.

Yup.

These have all been basically 1-goal games. We're losing on small margins, and we're on the wrong side of small margins due to poor coaching and deployment.

The forwards who are skating well and pushing play into the right end of the rink are playing less than the forwards skating in mud who are turning the puck over and getting stuck in their own zone.

Podkolzin is a flat-out better player than Boeser right now. It isn't even really close. But Boeser keeps playing 19 minutes/game because of reputation and because we feel sorry for him.

On the blueline, we lost two tight games where Juulsen and Stillman got burned as the team blew leads while better players were scratched. If we dress our actual 6 best defenders, we probably get a result out of one of those games.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
So 5 losses like I said

Miller still lazy

Pearson still pathetic

But Hogs sits

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
You could waive Boeser and be a better team for it.
Waiving Boeser/trading him for nothing/paying something to get rid of him would be the best move going forward to start fixing the issues on this team.

It's ballsy. You risk pissing off the locker room (supposedly why he was re-signed?).

But as long as this player is getting regular minutes on this team, the team will suffer.

He needs time in the AHL to figure out his game, at the very least.

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ugly

Boeser - hard to say this, and certainly gives no pleasure to say it, but doubt he could be effective in the AHL at this point. Buy-out (next off-season) could substantially reduce his cap hit (get him down to 2,217, 677 against the cap) but might have to considered moving ahead.

Canucks again got bounced around with little push back. You wonder how long Stillman will be out.

Does Boeser qualify for an U-26 buyout?

I was under the impression he was born too early in the year.

If he is eligible, yeah, it's becoming a bit of a no-brainer.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If Bruce wants to send any sort of actual message, bench Boeser for the home opener and move Miller back to the wing where he clearly belongs. Boeser's play is downright inexcusable and he should feel embarrassed.

Reactions: pomorick

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Damn guys that was frustrating. We just keep losing the same way lol. It started a tragedy and has turned in to a comedy.

I thought we played a really good game. Two desperate teams but we're on the road and playing 4th game in 6 nights. This was going to be a good game to get 1 pt out of if not for the way the season has started...we're all traumatized.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Sitting hard working players like Garland and Hogs will lose you the locker room

You have lost the room Bruce

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Man,judging from the reactions here..you’d think the Canucks had lost every game 6-1 like an expansion team

Take a peek early in the GDT and good number of posters here were predicting the Wild to absolutely stomp the Canucks..

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Does anyone else have issues posting during the game? Or do I just get randomly suspended?

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Focus on the positives. We've had leads in all of our games! Not even Columbus held a lead against us!

Somebody please shoot me in the face

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Man,judging from the reactions here..you’d think the Canucks had lost every game 6-1 like an expansion team

Take a peek early in the GDT and good number of posters here were predicting the Wild to absolutely stomp the Canucks..
Ohhhhh so only losing by 1 is perfectly acceptable?

Reactions: geebaan

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Watch that entire sequence from Myers
If you have the ability to rewind

From when he took his penalty to where that genius thought it was a good idea to defend on all four for 45 seconds

His stick gets caught in Demko’s skates

Just stand the hell up!!!!!!!

I thought he was brutal in the third on.

On the Pk after breaks his stick, he gets Bo’s I think, then he may as well just not taken it, he was soft on it and never engaged again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad