Post-Game Talk: Canucks Lose 4-3 (OT) vs Wild

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Boeser skates around like a 34 year old playing through a leg/back injury.

It's just sad to watch at this point. Even Pearson looks more agile than him.

Miller is either not in game shape or just not giving enough of a shit, he's in full Bozo mode

It's insane the money this team has in wingers yet has no 1st line winger.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
4th line stepped up.

Pearson's turn to take a seat.

EP constantly not being on target is very frustrating. Congrats on your tap-ins into open nets from two feet out so far this season - is a shot on net in key situations too much to ask?

Team flashes at times, but whatever. Poorly built team is what it is. They're good enough to work their way back into the playoff mix and I'm sure they'll get some wins at home but this is an awful start. If you thought they were 50/50 to make the playoffs going into the year, the odds are probably closer to half that now. Just a reality when you take 2 of 10 pts.

cant be true. Everyone says these early games dont matter much. They must be worth less than the games in April

Reactions: mossey3535

cc

Feb 28, 2002
This feels very familiar with start of last season.

Special teams are failing them at every turn. Jason King, Trent cull and Mike yeo don't seem as effective as Scott walker and Brad shaw were from last season

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I am absolutely floored at the start of this season, I understand our defence was injured, and it’s not very good to begin with, but never what I thought we would lose the first five games of the year, not with this team, not with this lineup, it’s unbelievable, surreal

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If Pearson doesn’t get scratched
You can label Boudreau as an even worse coach than Green

He has 6 minor penalties in 5 games

Pearson next, and Boeser after that if he doesn't have a better performance.

But I can just see Bruce scratching Garland again or something lol

Reactions: Breakers

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I said this last game, put Miller back on wing.
Have Horvat and Petterson as the centres.
Like they couldn’t get another goal come the third period? That would’ve sealed it.

f***ing frustrating, and I’m sure they will be met with boos come Saturday. The players are f***ing lost man, they have to dig themselves out of it.

Reactions: mossey3535

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Post bubble 2020 off-season.

Imagine if we'd kept Toffoli and Tanev and moved on from Boeser and Virtanen. :::sigh:::

:-/

Any chance this core had was basically flushed down the toilet the second Dim Jim decided to let go of Tanev because he needed cap space for OEL.

Might actually be a worse decision than Eriksson.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Post bubble 2020 off-season.

Imagine if we'd kept Toffoli and Tanev and moved on from Boeser and Virtanen. :::sigh:::

:-/
Flames fans want Toffoli gone. I'd take him over Boeser though.

Tanev is sorely missed. Benning really undervalued him and so did some of us fans

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I know I'm jumping the gun saying this but id fire the coach. Not saying he's the sole problem here but the room is lost. Maybe we can salvage this poor start but I can't see a happy path he can lead us down from here on out.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
I said this last game, put Miller back on wing.
Have Horvat and Petterson as the centres.
Like they couldn’t get another goal come the third period? That would’ve sealed it.

f***ing frustrating, and I’m sure they will be met with boos come Saturday. The players are f***ing lost man, they have to dig themselves out of it.
Ignoring our 5 game stretch here, I don't think losing to a very good and desperate Wild team in OT is anything to be ashamed of. A point in two straight games. Let's build on that. Fans at Rogers should help encourage the boys.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: geebaan

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Tanev is sorely missed. Benning really undervalued him and so did some of us fans

Even if Tanev was guaranteed to miss 20 games per season he was still worth keeping.

I seriously think he was that important to this team, especially when you consider his partnership with Hughes.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I know I'm jumping the gun saying this but id fire the coach. Not saying he's the sole problem here but the room is lost. Maybe we can salvage this poor start but I can't see a happy path he can lead us down from here on out.

This is the second time in about a year where the room has been lost. Maybe it's not the coaches?

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle

Losing Tanev was such a catastrophic kick to the nuts, it's almost unfathomable as to how and why we let him go. If the Flames want to to do Toffoli for Boeser, I'm more than down for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad